SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

I have the best of both worlds then! And no silly stripes to go with it!

nismo_tiida_s_450-op.jpg

By the way- Boost is a steady 0.35BAR, or 5 PSI. I'm not using over 4000rpm, and I'm going to check the stock injector (320cc) duty cycle soon. Stock Computer is dumping a lot of fuel into it, fuel consumption is..... interesting. But over all, its totally drivable at the moment.

By the way- Boost is a steady 0.35BAR, or 5 PSI. I'm not using over 4000rpm, and I'm going to check the stock injector (320cc) duty cycle soon. Stock Computer is dumping a lot of fuel into it, fuel consumption is..... interesting. But over all, its totally drivable at the moment.

Interesting, but don't you mean 370cc?

I'm pretty sure that the VQ35de has the same sized injectors as VQ25det.

From recent testing at APS the stock VQ fuel injector flows 328 cc at 100% duty cycle at 43.5 psi fuel pressure, 376 cc at 100% duty cycle at 58 psi fuel pressure and 412 cc at 100% duty cycle at 72.5 psi fuel pressure.

linky

hmm... fair enough... quick check of FAST resulted in;

PM35 injector part number is 16600-CD70A and is used in Z33, J31, F50 etc. Basically everything that is running a VQ35de.

NM35 injector part number is 16600-AA500 and is used in F50 (VQ30det), R34 (RB25det) and Y61 (TB48de).

Now to back track and find where I thought/read that they used the same injectors wacko.gif

Trick for new players- do up your trans cooler clamps tight when they are nice and hot! whistling.gif

I played Hansel and Gretel all round Sydney with Matic J yesterday. Anyways, noticed a puddle in the garage this arvo, sorted it out. Thought it was engine oil to start with, glad it wasn't!

Now have a nice layer of underbody rust protection!

Exciting news!

UPREV have patched my ECU. It now appears on the webpage for supported vehicles. I received an email for Mark @ Abbey Motorsports in the UK telling me of the good news. I now have a tunable ECU map, a "back to stock" map.

Now I just have to pay up, refresh my licence arrangements, and I'll be tunable!

tongue.gif

Bit of progress today.

A couple of days ago I re-flashed the ECU. Just with the stock values, but with the throttle restriction removed, Speed limited to 300km/hph34r.gif, and a little adjustment of the rev limit/fuel cut/ throttle cut. All went successfully.

I have been having a problem with the ECU learning some strange fuel settings on closed loop. Basically what was happening was that on closed loop, Bank 2 was running a lot richer than Bank 1. it was about 80%/120% ratio. It didn't occur when the ECU was just fresh, but when it had driven for ~150kms, and the ECU learnt it. At the time it was stock ecu, not re-flashed at all. When it went open loop, it was fine. It spat a U1000 error, which is CAN bus error. Now nothing is wrong with the CAN bus, but what triggers that code, is when the ECU doesn't receive data from the emissions diagnostics for more than 2 seconds. So I went searching today- first port of call the bank 2 wideband sensor. When I pulled it apart it seemed ok, but the little rubber thingo in there wasn't sitting quite right so I pushed it all the way to the bottom, cleaned the plugs out and reconnected it. Also found a nipple in the intake tubes wasn't tight, so tightened that up. Anyways, the problem is absent now, I haven't put that many kms on it yet since the last "clear learned fuel" but I am optimistic that it will stay away. Idle is nice and smooth now, and while there is a little inconsistency,its not much, and doesn't appear when the car is at cruise with light throttle.

I want to know that the problem is gone, before I proceed with 600cc Injectors and fuel pump and tuning, as that would just exasperate the issue.

Also wired up my boost gauge, so now I know wtf is going on at night too!

Thought my exhaust was quiet- so got one of those Apps that measure Db. Don't know how accurate they are, but hey.

Measured according to the testing procedures- Exhaust height, 45 degree angle, 500mm away from tips

Measured 90db @ 4000rpm.

Legal ! banana.gif

Ok, some pics.

Any questions, ask away-

6839443439_41e60411e1.jpg

6839442021_e14db70f61.jpg

6839440171_a107fa0ec8.jpg

6839436613_31ac64976d.jpg

6839434901_3db946f224.jpg

This is the oil feed for the turbo- its a t piece off the oil pressure sender.

6839431167_9b83b217bc.jpg

Craig has taken to writing HKS on various parts of my car- ie- the trans cooler bracket.tongue.gif

6839432851_45bb26e17a.jpg

That HKS bracket is now worth huge dollars.thumbsup.gif

It might be worth tracking down some stainless cable ties, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-STAINLESS-STEEL-THERMAL-CABLE-TIES-35-CM-EXTRACTORS-DUMP-PIPE-/220948422796?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33718d608c#ht_500wt_1287 or tie wiring the heat shielding around the cables running near the exhaust housing and under the wastegate pipework. Once you get on the dyno; I don't think they'll last long.

Even if they don't melt, they'll go brittle and crack off in no time.