SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

Ever wondered how big an ECU was...?

The file I have is just 1mb of binary. For a very complex machine, the file is kinda small I thought....

When you're not making pretty pictures, you can cram a LOT in to 1mb. Im actually surprised it is that big.

Looking forward to hearing of your success with Uprev :cheers:

Well, today I dumped the ECU with the UPREV software and cable. 3 and a bit hours of waiting! Oh well. its done now. I have emailed it off to Abbey Motorsports in the UK. They are going to tell me if I can use the uprev software, which I am almost certain I can, and give me something able to be tuned and flashed!

Forgive my n00bishness but could something like this be used to dump a VQ25det Nismo ECU and then flash it onto a standard VQ25det ECU? Sharing the increasingly rare awesomeness with us all? I know our ECU is different but if we were just basically copying the settings from one ECU to another?

Well not exactly. The Japanese, places like G-Zone, can remap the VQ25DET ECU. Not a direct swap of the Nismo, but probably better because it's tailored a bit more.

Not entirely true that statement.

The Nismo is not an off the shelf ECU tune but it is tuned on each vehicle that the Nismo ECU is fitted. Removing most of the low RPM throttle restriction and improving response all the way through the rev range.

you thought wrong :P

thats why there are no part numbers for the ECU, they are unique to each car. however AFAIK they are done with the factory options so we mostly have those as other brands.

you thought wrong :P

thats why there are no part numbers for the ECU, they are unique to each car. however AFAIK they are done with the factory options so we mostly have those as other brands.

I bet no Nismo ECU is tuned for a car with a big fat intake???

As far as I can see, the problem with any of these pre-programmed ECUs is they can't be optimised for our cars which are all a bit different. In some way they have to be "best fit". If only some enterprising person over here would learn how to hack the damm thing & offer customised tuning. Otherwise we continue to tinker around the edges without getting right inside.

At the moment I don't think the volume is there for the time required to hack it. Can't see anyone putting in all the time and effort to tune maybe 20 cars in Australia that would want it done. This is comparing it against S13 and the likes where they would do more than that amount in a week.

Remember that some people tune for economy and performance, I suspect that a lot of people that buy an M35 for reliability and purpose would consider getting it tuned to improve economy too. There's more and more of these things kicking around Adelaide (and just about every one I see is modified), so I can't imagine how many are in the Eastern states!

The way I see it you guys have these options-

A) Go to the Russians. They might be crazy enough to pay for someone to do all the work (on the other side of the world they're probably sayin: Австралийцы достаточно безумен, чтобы сделать это )

B) Get G-Zone or who ever to licence their technology and some workshop in Aus buy the set up off them.

C) Deal with what you got, because I don't think anyone in Aus is going to crack it.

Edit

D) Motec. forgot about that.....

Thoughts?

Edited by PN-Mad

I reckon someone will at some point.

I have a spare ECU that I can send out and had a place in mind down here (they create racing ECU's and are in Bayswater I think), but I can't remember their name to contact them :(

A good mate of mine is one of the 2 guys that are Nistune and I asked him a while ago about cracking it and it's not worth their time at the moment as the market is too small for the time needed compared to all the other models they have on the go.

Its not only the market, but Nistune haven't moved into anything with a CAN Bus electronics.

Stuck in tractor land....

universal-hobbies-massey-ferguson-135-tractor-1-16.jpg

Spoke with him again. It's because the newer stuff is flash based so totally different to what they sell now, here and world wide. So it's an all new R & D for it. He said its something they will look at in the future but not any time soon.

They are very busy with the current Nistune gear. They have done an awesome job making tuning affordable for the cars that are currently supported. And keep in mind that this is a 2 man show.

Edited by slippylotion

So because a few of us m35 wankers need something it becomes out of their league? Your most welcome to crack if your all so capable!!!

And let's not rubbish a business for not yet looking into something we want in low volume. I was simply letting you guys know the outcome from me asking them about it

So stop the rubbish talk, we aren't children!

Edited by slippylotion