SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

Yeah, I'm liking it. In reality, this isn't the exhaust for a 3.5 na. There would be something better for keeping the torque from the na motor. I just put it on for giggles before the turbo goes on!Sounds great, and the quality is great too. Not quite awesome yet.whistling.gif

Private sale. From my wtb in the stagea section. They only made this nismo for one yearback in 2001, i think. It was made by fujitusbu, and is pretty much identical to their system, except for the nismo weldina muffler.

• 1 month later...

Well, its been a little while and I haven't updated this, and a couple of things have happened!

My nice HKS winged sump turned into a big paperweight! POS didn't fit. Turns out I have the same sump as you VQ25 bunch. So I sold it off to a 350z bloke, who has s/c'd his Z. Got moneies back, plus a bit extra, so happy there. pinch.gif Have now modified a stock VQ25 oil pan to suit with an oil return.

I ordered and received some spark plugs from Concept Z, one step colder than stock - so much cheaper than getting them in Aust.

And the big thing, is that I have been talking to Mark from Abbey Motorsport in the UK. They are the UK salespeople for the UPREV Orisis tuning system. We have decided to give it a shot getting UPREV to tune my car. Pinout on the ECU is the same as a 350z, and the Part # for my ecu is 23710-7W065. They have 23710-7W060 on file to work, so I am hopeful that mine won't be a problem. The software I have downloaded already, looks easy, and provides all the parameters of the stock ecu, including diagnostics, speed limiter, rev limiter, idle RPM, cam timing etc etc. What I have to do is dump my ECU program and send to them to confirm, and so they can keep a copy on file for return to stock. My cable is in the mail, so I'm eagerly awaiting that! Once confirmed as working, then I'll find a tuner willing to work with the UPREV.

Plan is to start the work on the first weekend of the new year. Meanwhile a Sydney 350z just completed tuning at a HKS workshop- 244rwkw on 5.6psithumbsup.gif Thats with no cam control, cause the VPro can't do it.

Merry Christmas to you all, stay safe, and Stagea ON!

Well, its been a little while and I haven't updated this, and a couple of things have happened!

My nice HKS winged sump turned into a big paperweight! POS didn't fit. Turns out I have the same sump as you VQ25 bunch. So I sold it off to a 350z bloke, who has s/c'd his Z. Got moneies back, plus a bit extra, so happy there. pinch.gif Have now modified a stock VQ25 oil pan to suit with an oil return.

I ordered and received some spark plugs from Concept Z, one step colder than stock - so much cheaper than getting them in Aust.

And the big thing, is that I have been talking to Mark from Abbey Motorsport in the UK. They are the UK salespeople for the UPREV Orisis tuning system. We have decided to give it a shot getting UPREV to tune my car. Pinout on the ECU is the same as a 350z, and the Part # for my ecu is 23710-7W065. They have 23710-7W060 on file to work, so I am hopeful that mine won't be a problem. The software I have downloaded already, looks easy, and provides all the parameters of the stock ecu, including diagnostics, speed limiter, rev limiter, idle RPM, cam timing etc etc. What I have to do is dump my ECU program and send to them to confirm, and so they can keep a copy on file for return to stock. My cable is in the mail, so I'm eagerly awaiting that! Once confirmed as working, then I'll find a tuner willing to work with the UPREV.

Plan is to start the work on the first weekend of the new year. Meanwhile a Sydney 350z just completed tuning at a HKS workshop- 244rwkw on 5.6psithumbsup.gifThats with no cam control, cause the VPro can't do it.

Merry Christmas to you all, stay safe, and Stagea ON!

Interesting...

UPREV has gotten pretty decent reviews by the Z folks...so no need for dyno/aftermarket ECU for you then?

The cams are still working with the Vpro though, you just cant adjust them, thats why you have to leave the stock ecu in to drive the cams and throttle. There wouldnt be much need to adjust them anyway, but its nothing the Vmanage cant help with in the 3.5.

I hope the UPREV works for you. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas. :cheers:

Interesting...

UPREV has gotten pretty decent reviews by the Z folks...so no need for dyno/aftermarket ECU for you then?

Aftermarket ECU- No, I hope not. (thats if it works!)

The factory computer is good for everything that I need it to do at this stage. Its only the AFM that will be the limiter, but there is a AFM for forced induction that allows more airflow.

I hope the UPREV works for you. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas. :cheers:

So do I mate, so do I!

Cam adjustment I guess is only applicable if the tuner can get better spool/response out of the system. Otherwise its not that big of a deal. We'll have to see who waves their magic fingers over the tuning!

Merry Christmas to you too! (I'm now at work....pinch.gif )

Did you ever get your Vmanage working Scott?

I'd imagine you'd only really need to adjust the cams if you went aftermarket/aggressive anyway?

Merry Christmas!

No need to bring the cams on earlier with a 3.5 thats for sure, it will spool the 3036 by 2k regardless.

I got the Vmanage installed and it tells me the cam timing as the sensor is the same, just the actuator is electric not hydro so the frequency output is different. Adding 10 degrees seems to max the cams out and the Vmanage cant be programmed as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice mate.

Give you any decent gains NA? What mods?

The turbo kit is going in this weekend- I'll try to get some updates in the evenings with some pics if I can thumbsup.gif

Nice mate.

Give you any decent gains NA? What mods?

Now that is something I'd like to know :)

Enjoy the install Alex (and Craig), have you upgraded your radiator and installed a trans cooler yet?

ironchef.jpg

Bang a Gong, We are ON!

Some boring stuff - front bar off, intake fully disassembled, 2x under trays off, and WD40'd all the exhaust heat shield bolts + exhaust nuts.

Photo taken of VQ25det turbo vs HKS GT3037 tongue.gif

Back to work tomorrow morning.

Oh, and finally got my UPREV cable thumbsup.gif

Edited by PN-Mad