SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

went to exhaust place today to get some pipe for intake, they noticed i had a factory system still on (is factory but decat with varex copy twin tip) but because he recognized my old man (did exhaust for his merc) he asked me if I wanted to get a full 3" turbo back system with hi-flow cat made up and installed for $1k as "mates rates". This good deal? :laugh:

lol mates rates...my turbo back 3" was $600 with me supplying the cat and varex end muffler. Mild steel with mandrel bends. Don't bother with stainless it looks like ass after a year anyway and mild steel sounds better :P

It wont work with larger injectors.

You'll need to configure them within the PFC at a bare minimum regardless, or it will just over fuel and stall, it might not even idle.

This Birdy. It's a piece of piss to do, should be in Paul's faq

lol mates rates...my turbo back 3" was $600 with me supplying the cat and varex end muffler. Mild steel with mandrel bends. Don't bother with stainless it looks like ass after a year anyway and mild steel sounds better :P

really? how does surface rust look better :P

He said stainless looks like ass

And mild steel looks better..

Who's gonna look under the car?

And +1 about stainless looking like ass. Unless you polish it every couple weeks

took off ic piping from turbo and return flow to get better access to rubber induction pipe, unplugged and took out afm and pod, cut induction pipe and inserted 3inch diameter/12cm long mild steel pipe, placed piece of pipe that was cut off back on and both side are secured with metal hose clamps, plugged in and insterted afm and pod back on, put ic piping back on.

Just some extra info: battery was disconnected when this was undertaken, Rev210 says to remove whole induction pipe but i left it in because the clamp for the plumb back recirc pipe was impossible to get off so i cut it while it was in the engine bay.

**EDIT**

Link to Rev210's guide.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/173019-rev210s-5min-5-intake-pipe-mod-for-your-stageaskyline/page__mode__threaded__pid__4756582

Edited by JDMKiD__/ⓞⓞ-33

Any wastelanders going to the photoshoot meet/cruise tonight?

I might head down for a bit

just around the corner from my house saw mr.P pulling over some Mitsubishi and searching his car! His partner greesed me off as i drove past. Afraid to leave house with 32 now haha

I was thinking of going down and getting some photos.... dunno if i can be bothered though... dunno anyone whose going down either really...

Got to start somewhere. I'm sure many a people didn't know anyone at their first meet