SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

#@blah_blah #@kaitoukid Do either of you have S1 reo for cheapish, and can drop to me in Ringwood or Dave's in Franga tomorrow? I'd come pick it up, but my car is at Dave's.

Neg, mine is on car haha. However...

I have a r34 series 1 front reo if you are going to get another one

------------------------------------

Better food than USA as well

Kinda scary seeing a beer just wander out of the trees tho

stock-footage-walking-beer-300x169.jpg

dem wandering beers doe.

Dat structural integrity...

They are only made to take one solid hit and if you can hammer it out again it's prolly in a weak as fk state; and weaker again now that someone has taken a hammer to it. So if you care about the crash zone and legality replace it...otherwise, carry on.

meh its fine man....f**k most peopl cut them out and put intercoolers in anyway....just shuddup birds...stop making him worry .its only NA not like it will go fast enough to do any real damage anyway :rofl:

• Like 1

Yeah If you want to drink cocktails on a beach then yeah, Fiji. We went to cancun, in Mexico and it's got an amazing beach if you want to do that

as it is I probably be forced to go to NZ sometime as missus has family there and used to holiday there alot....but it will be against my will :P

anyone recommend a painter/powdercoater for wheels?

not going back to A1 powdercoating in moorabbin.

I was advised a while abck by a powder coater not to powder coat wheels if its a race car....they dont like heat...

which is odd considering everybody thinks powdercoating is the bomb....

Anyway another option...come around some time...bring beer, you help me sand em back Ill spray em for you...save a few bucks that way,, ;)

I was advised a while abck by a powder coater not to powder coat wheels if its a race car....they dont like heat...

which is odd considering everybody thinks powdercoating is the bomb....

Anyway another option...come around some time...bring beer, you help me sand em back Ill spray em for you...save a few bucks that way,, ;)

I keep reading that and it sounds pretty dumb to me. Something along the lines of 800 degree brake dust flying around plus hot tyres making wheels get hot too... Though they are spinning and cooling down, and the heat usually even (as oppose to section by section sandblasting)

I am keen, and am interested, but im not even sure if the bronze can even be sanded off since its not smooth like painted wheels, its quite rough almost like golf ball dimples.

Toby, are you still the treasurer?

If your requesting a refund, i've spent it

Well missus wants to go tas or new zealand in July... anyone here with experience, yay or nay?

New Zealand, Queenstown. Could do a drive down from Christchurch to Queenstown with a stop over at Lake Tekapo. Amazing scenery.

In saying that, airasia flights arent that much more exy. And money spend extra on flights would be saved via accomodation, food and spending costs anyway.

Everything in asia cheap cheap

#@blah_blah #@kaitoukid Do either of you have S1 reo for cheapish, and can drop to me in Ringwood or Dave's in Franga tomorrow? I'd come pick it up, but my car is at Dave's.

I do, but no time to drop it off

yeh i flew into christchurch and drove down, nothing left there after the earthquakes which was pretty sad this was almost 2 years back i think so might of changed.

meh its fine man....f**k most peopl cut them out and put intercoolers in anyway....just shuddup birds...stop making him worry .its only NA not like it will go fast enough to do any real damage anyway :rofl:

I cut out half my reo with a grinder to fit cooler; cop remarked to me that it was good I hadn't cut any holes in the chassis to for my return flow lol

Just sayin he shouldn't worry about the bump that was already there, if he's not worried about your "customisation"!

yeh i flew into christchurch and drove down, nothing left there after the earthquakes which was pretty sad this was almost 2 years back i think so might of changed.

Things seemed normal pretty much, i was there last year in about October.

Did you eat at Fergburger in Queenstown? I had that for breakfast lunch and dinner. Best burger I've eaten

my sisters bf just got a job as manager for the project of town planning for rebuilding christchurch.

theyve start rebuilding some of it... as most were insurance claimed/government, but if the block of land has a height difference of 30mm or more at the ends then its has to be demolished and rebuilt :unsure:

a lot of the older buildings theyre keeping the front and rebuilding everything behind it.

but if the block of land has a height difference of 30mm or more at the ends then its has to be demolished and rebuilt :unsure:

from what it used to be, or just across the block?

My block has 20m difference front to back :D

Things seemed normal pretty much, i was there last year in about October.

Did you eat at Fergburger in Queenstown? I had that for breakfast lunch and dinner. Best burger I've eaten

Yeh think I had it once over there, we were only in Queenstown 2 or 3 nights I think from memory, should of had more time there.

Did the jet boat thing ini the canyons which was awesome too

Well, looks like it's 6:30... guesss I'm not going GC meet. The gym ( :yes:) and hw ( :no:) beckons instead.

Also on topic, lived in NZ for like 7 years, but wasn't old enough to do anything cool or suggest any cool locales :/. Would definitely rather go there than TAS surely, though?

Or better yet, just go Japan dude. Your wallet won't thank you though. But your heart will.