SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Also you get 5 points every year as opposed to 12 points every 3 years for full licensed drivers so collectively P platers actually get more points allowing you to make a handful more minor fuckups. The threshold is still very low though, I don't see why it isn't just the same as fully licensed drivers or perhaps even would make more sense if you have 5 points on reds then normal points on fulls. It's 4 years so you have 12 points for those 3 years anyway.

Well my friend was going to lose hes license for going 40km or something over the limit. He lent hes car to hes friend, who was the one who went 40km over the limit. Anyways one day we called vicroads to see how long he has left until hes on hes full license. Vicroads said hes gathered more then 5 points meaning hes lost hes license. I drove him to the police station to find out how and why hes lost more then 5 points. Cop came out told him what caused him to lose hes points. He then asked the cop, how long does it take for me to get my 5 points back. The cop said every 3 years p platers get there 5 points back.

That means we only have 5 points for 3 years. After those 3 years your points will reset to 5 points. I hope that cop was wrong =s

Learner permit, Probationary P1 or Probationary P2 licence If you get five or more demerit points in any 12 month period, or 12 or more demerit points in any three year period, you may lose your licence or learner permit.

From here.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licences/DemeritsAndOffences/DemeritPointsAndFines/

;)

why would you take points from some-one doing 40 over?

cannot be much of a friend to dump him with that, (or for doing 40 over in a loaned car)

he signs a stat dec declaring the correct driver sorted.

lol same reason people used to drive unregistered...the fine was only 150$...get away with for 5 years abnd you have saved over 2000$ in registration

Lol yeah.

And then they just upped it to $700, the same cost as reg... So if you get away with a year you're still infront.

Harder to do now with the number plate scanners, it just flashes up in the cop car for them now. All automatic and easy pickings

Nother stupid one is on a full license if you don't have your license on you you have 24 hours to go to cop shop and show them your license. On P's though it's a fine straight up.

Pretty sure it's 7 days isn't it?

So that means if i lose 3 points in 1 year, then lose another 3 the following year, i wont lose my license? This stuffs kinda confusing lol.

From what i remember, my friend had to prove hes friend was driving. The only way to do that was to get hes friend to go to court and sign a paper or something confirming he did it. Then hes friend would cop the big fine and loss of points.

My friend had to go to court a few months ago, he somehow lost the paper hes friend was supose to sign, so in the end my friend copped the fine.

So that means if i lose 3 points in 1 year, then lose another 3 the following year, i wont lose my license? This stuffs kinda confusing lol.

Yes, you could lose 4 pionts 2 years in a row too but if you lose 4 points again the next year you'll either have to go for 12 months on 1 point or lose your license for 3 months.

From what i remember, my friend had to prove hes friend was driving. The only way to do that was to get hes friend to go to court and sign a paper or something confirming he did it. Then hes friend would cop the big fine and loss of points.

My friend had to go to court a few months ago, he somehow lost the paper hes friend was supose to sign, so in the end my friend copped the fine.

This sounds like a load of shit to me, if oldmate copped a camera fine all he would need to do is sign the fine he received and send it in. If he lost it it's just as easy to go into the sherrifs office and grab a new form.

Lol yeah.

And then they just upped it to $700, the same cost as reg... So if you get away with a year you're still infront.

Harder to do now with the number plate scanners, it just flashes up in the cop car for them now. All automatic and easy pickings

yeah I wouldn't even contemplate doing it now.....especially with my sketchy history :ermm:

Yep, us p platers are treated as if were criminals. Way too many strict rules i dont agree with, some i do though. Im not entirely sure why they are stricter then ever, from what i can see, they went into operation hunt p platers in late 2007-2008. You can see from vids on youtube, its the people who are now in there 30s that made the cops stricter then ever. Hooning was at an all time high around then, from what ive seen in news reports, vids etc, it was so bad they had to introduce these strict rules. Still i never really trust the media, mostly propaganda. According to the media and police, it was the people who are now in there 30s, who screwed this current generation. Thanks!

Honestly what you've just said there is pretty much a total load of rubbish.

It's all still happening, was and will.

It was nothing to do with people, it was governments just securing the minority group vote due to sensationalist journalism creating a 'increasing problem' of 'hoons' when really nothing had changed... The news outlets were just capitalising on something that was obviously gaining them audience that would listen... Politics kicks in and the fat knees all jerk.

Hell the most senior of Police I've argued with, and had them unable to respond.

They lack the most BASIC concept of what might help to fix the problem and are just focussed on nothing more than a purely reactive type of behaviour.

That's where the problem is coming from.

Yet, I find that i'm getting pulled over less and less these days. Cop cars just roll past without batting an eyelid, whereas in the past they'd stop me without fail.

Has something changed? A new target?

Edited by xALmoN

Yet, I find that i'm getting pulled over less and less these days. Cop cars just roll past without batting an eyelid, whereas in the past they'd stop me without fail.

Has something changed? A new target?

mum and dad doing <5k over

guess I was jsut lucky, pulled over by a cop once in my life (excluding booze buses) and that was completely legit, I was speeding and he came round a bend.

how do you all create so much attention?

Yep, us p platers are treated as if were criminals. Way too many strict rules i dont agree with, some i do though. Im not entirely sure why they are stricter then ever, from what i can see, they went into operation hunt p platers in late 2007-2008. You can see from vids on youtube, its the people who are now in there 30s that made the cops stricter then ever. Hooning was at an all time high around then, from what ive seen in news reports, vids etc, it was so bad they had to introduce these strict rules. Still i never really trust the media, mostly propaganda. According to the media and police, it was the people who are now in there 30s, who screwed this current generation. Thanks!

As a p plater you only start off with 5 points. Your points come back every 3 years if you lose some. You get your full license after being on your p's for 4 years. So what this means is, for 3 years you must not lose your 5 points otherwise youll get your license suspended and youll be reset back to red p's, meaning youll have be on your p plates for 4 years again. Imagine only having 5 points for 3 years. If you cop 2 fines there goes your license. And as you can see, there are all sorts of stupid fines that take away points that shouldnt, example being not displaying p plates = 3 points.

You know what really annoys me the most about this though? Im doing 59 in a 60 zone or 79 in a 80 zone for example. People on there full license do about 5km or so over the limit when theres no police around. Sometimes youll get the jackass who decides to beep because doing the speed limit is too slow for him/her. These people need to realise, we only got 5 points, im not going to cop a 3 point fine for speeding because you want to get home quicker. My dad even admits most people on there full license will get away with going a few km over the speed limit, p plater does it though, end up on a current affair probably. I even asked a cop once why this is the case, hes answer was so we dont end up like the currentdrivers on the road.

People been hoonin since cars were invented man you trippin son

Ask ya parents about 'back in the day' plenty of crap went down difference was cops belted ya and moved on now you get fined and Impounds lol

Well an officer of the law told us when p platers get there points reset. He said to us every 3 years, you'd think a police officer would know these kinds of things.

It is a load of shit to be honest. First we went to the police telling them it was hes friend who did it. The police said sorry you have to go to vicroads we cant help you. So i drove him to vicroads, they said they cant help him, they gave him the number to the department that controls fines and all that, i forgot the name of it. He called them and they said the only way to get the fine to your friend is to prove he did it, only way to do that is to get him to appear in court and sign a paper admitting he was the one driving the car. He reckons he lost the paper but im not even sure if hes friend was even going to sign, if hes friend did sign he was going to lose hes license and pay a massive fine.

Well an officer of the law told us when p platers get there points reset. He said to us every 3 years, you'd think a police officer would know these kinds of things.

It is a load of shit to be honest. First we went to the police telling them it was hes friend who did it. The police said sorry you have to go to vicroads we cant help you. So i drove him to vicroads, they said they cant help him, they gave him the number to the department that controls fines and all that, i forgot the name of it. He called them and they said the only way to get the fine to your friend is to prove he did it, only way to do that is to get him to appear in court and sign a paper admitting he was the one driving the car. He reckons he lost the paper but im not even sure if hes friend was even going to sign, if hes friend did sign he was going to lose hes license and pay a massive fine.

as far as i'm aware, a stat dec is proof enough in victoria.

guess I was jsut lucky, pulled over by a cop once in my life (excluding booze buses) and that was completely legit, I was speeding and he came round a bend.

how do you all create so much attention?

no doubt, must have something to do with the color of my car.