SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

My pool skills are also enhanced by the demon drink...however I found my ten pin bowling skills are intially enhanced but then plumet after a few games

What I've never understood is the 3 points for not displaying P plates fine, i.e. you deserve the same punishment as someone who runs a red light? That's imbalance if there ever was. It shouldn't even be a single point fine.

Absolutely - doesn't make much sense: my first car was a nissan exa (wow!) really angular coupe rear window, day I got my 'P's I stuck 'em up and went for a drive, had a patrol car start following me, getting nervous because new driver, looking in my rearvision mirror as I watch him see my P Plate was hanging on by just a corner (static stick on type) and watch it fall - cue flashing lights & 3 demerits on my first day out :(

Absolutely - doesn't make much sense: my first car was a nissan exa (wow!) really angular coupe rear window, day I got my 'P's I stuck 'em up and went for a drive, had a patrol car start following me, getting nervous because new driver, looking in my rearvision mirror as I watch him see my P Plate was hanging on by just a corner (static stick on type) and watch it fall - cue flashing lights & 3 demerits on my first day out :(

what a kent...how does he sleep at night knowing hes such a douchebag...

see this is the problem with society, that didnt deserve a fine all it needed was an excuse my sir, did you know your p-plate fell off...

and they wonder why people hate on police...

personally I have mostly had good experiences with them...maybe i just figured by the time they got me I had got away with so much that it was justified :P

what are unregoed unlicensed drivers hurting apart from the system.....Thats not even In the same league as drunk drivers man..

Problem is - no TAC... What does that mean?

http://www.advicelineinjurylawyers.com.au/tac-claims/tac-claims-faqs

The key part is this:

A person who was dependant on another person who dies as the result of a transport accident is also entitled to receive benefits from the TAC.

It doesn't tell you what might happen, but yeah, could be pretty disastrous.

Aside from that they are not really hurting anyone, other than not paying their way really. Problem is such behaviour is maaaaasively due to all these 63km/h in 60 zone bullshit type offences which really - are not affecting anyone. Get rid of those the worse problem rectifies itself somewhat without any intervention...

But then of course the Gov't would lost 50million+ in revenue and we can't have that!

What I've never understood is the 3 points for not displaying P plates fine, i.e. you deserve the same punishment as someone who runs a red light? That's imbalance if there ever was. It shouldn't even be a single point fine.

It used to just be $100 back 10 years ago or something.

The problem with it though, people drive high powered cars all the time without putting up "P" plates as that lovely plate just puts a target on you :thumbsup:

Hell I used to not have them up even driving a shitbox, just saved being pulled over "randomly" as well... Back when it was a $100 fine, who cars!

10 years ago... you sound old... and that was all I concluded from your last two posts. :turned:
think Ash maybe the same generation as you and I Artz

pretty sure Ash is alot younger than either of us....i guess hes ust mature for his age... :P
you make us sound like grumpy old men........wait...........oh yeah pretty close from the truth :D

It used to just be $100 back 10 years ago or something.

The problem with it though, people drive high powered cars all the time without putting up "P" plates as that lovely plate just puts a target on you :thumbsup:

Hell I used to not have them up even driving a shitbox, just saved being pulled over "randomly" as well... Back when it was a $100 fine, who cars!

lol same reason people used to drive unregistered...the fine was only 150$...get away with for 5 years abnd you have saved over 2000$ in registration

Still don't see the equivalency in red light vs inconvenience of a cop not knowing if someone is a P plater (like that changes whether they are driving like a moron or not?). Make the high powered vehicle fine the expensive one, that seems more dangerous to me than a piece of cardboard falling down.

If they are going to keep that outrageous P plater fine, then the red light one should be increased IMO.

Nother stupid one is on a full license if you don't have your license on you you have 24 hours to go to cop shop and show them your license. On P's though it's a fine straight up.

Yep, us p platers are treated as if were criminals. Way too many strict rules i dont agree with, some i do though. Im not entirely sure why they are stricter then ever, from what i can see, they went into operation hunt p platers in late 2007-2008. You can see from vids on youtube, its the people who are now in there 30s that made the cops stricter then ever. Hooning was at an all time high around then, from what ive seen in news reports, vids etc, it was so bad they had to introduce these strict rules. Still i never really trust the media, mostly propaganda. According to the media and police, it was the people who are now in there 30s, who screwed this current generation. Thanks!

As a p plater you only start off with 5 points. Your points come back every 3 years if you lose some. You get your full license after being on your p's for 4 years. So what this means is, for 3 years you must not lose your 5 points otherwise youll get your license suspended and youll be reset back to red p's, meaning youll have be on your p plates for 4 years again. Imagine only having 5 points for 3 years. If you cop 2 fines there goes your license. And as you can see, there are all sorts of stupid fines that take away points that shouldnt, example being not displaying p plates = 3 points.

You know what really annoys me the most about this though? Im doing 59 in a 60 zone or 79 in a 80 zone for example. People on there full license do about 5km or so over the limit when theres no police around. Sometimes youll get the jackass who decides to beep because doing the speed limit is too slow for him/her. These people need to realise, we only got 5 points, im not going to cop a 3 point fine for speeding because you want to get home quicker. My dad even admits most people on there full license will get away with going a few km over the speed limit, p plater does it though, end up on a current affair probably. I even asked a cop once why this is the case, hes answer was so we dont end up like the current drivers on the road.

Yep, us p platers are treated as if were criminals. Way too many strict rules i dont agree with, some i do though. Im not entirely sure why they are stricter then ever, from what i can see, they went into operation hunt p platers in late 2007-2008. You can see from vids on youtube, its the people who are now in there 30s that made the cops stricter then ever. Hooning was at an all time high around then, from what ive seen in news reports, vids etc, it was so bad they had to introduce these strict rules. Still i never really trust the media, mostly propaganda. According to the media and police, it was the people who are now in there 30s, who screwed this current generation. Thanks!

As a p plater you only start off with 5 points. Your points come back every 3 years if you lose some. You get your full license after being on your p's for 4 years. So what this means is, for 3 years you must not lose your 5 points otherwise youll get your license suspended and youll be reset back to red p's, meaning youll have be on your p plates for 4 years again. Imagine only having 5 points for 3 years. If you cop 2 fines there goes your license. And as you can see, there are all sorts of stupid fines that take away points that shouldnt, example being not displaying p plates = 3 points.

You know what really annoys me the most about this though? Im doing 59 in a 60 zone or 79 in a 80 zone for example. People on there full license do about 5km or so over the limit when theres no police around. Sometimes youll get the jackass who decides to beep because doing the speed limit is too slow for him/her. These people need to realise, we only got 5 points, im not going to cop a 3 point fine for speeding because you want to get home quicker. My dad even admits most people on there full license will get away with going a few km over the speed limit, p plater does it though, end up on a current affair probably. I even asked a cop once why this is the case, hes answer was so we dont end up like the current drivers on the road.

not disagreeing with everything you say here..

but if the crackdown was 07/08 that only 7 years ago, so these ppl still in the 20's

unless they were very late getting their P's