SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

What was your SAU beef burger recipe again? Repost it.

1. obtain mince - highest quality you are willing to pay for

2. place mince on clingwrap being careful to keep the meat "strands" all in the same direction

3. roll meat into a cylinder approximately the size of the buns you intend to use

4. roll tightly so the clingwrap goes around the meat like 20 times (you can pinprick the clingwrap along the way to remove air)

5. find what you think is a sharp knife... make it sharper

6. slice meat into 1" thick slabs.

7. leave meat on cutting board until it is sitting at room temp (30 mins + is preferable)

8. heat a heavy based pan... then heat it some more.

9. season meat heavily with good salt and rub some oil on it.

10. place in pan. do not overcrowd pan as this will reduce the heat

11. the clingwrap will instantly shrink and you can remove it after a few seconds.

12. cook until crust develops on one side then flip gently. cook until meat starts to tighten only slightly

13. place cheese on meat and remove from heat. allow to rest for 5mins. during this time prep the rest of your burgers.

protips:

- bega super slices are awesome for american style burgers.

- breadtop make savory buns that are still loaded with sugar. they are small so you need a few.

- breadtop buns are so full of sugar they freeze and unfreeze like a charm

- you can make the meat rolls ahead of time.

- i usally keep a couple of meat rolls and packs of breatop buns in the freezer. If i want burgers all i have to do is remove and leave on the bench for a few hours then cook.

1. obtain mince - highest quality you are willing to pay for

2. place mince on clingwrap being careful to keep the meat "strands" all in the same direction

3. roll meat into a cylinder approximately the size of the buns you intend to use

4. roll tightly so the clingwrap goes around the meat like 20 times (you can pinprick the clingwrap along the way to remove air)

5. find what you think is a sharp knife... make it sharper

6. slice meat into 1" thick slabs.

7. leave meat on cutting board until it is sitting at room temp (30 mins + is preferable)

8. heat a heavy based pan... then heat it some more.

9. season meat heavily with good salt and rub some oil on it.

10. place in pan. do not overcrowd pan as this will reduce the heat

11. the clingwrap will instantly shrink and you can remove it after a few seconds.

12. cook until crust develops on one side then flip gently. cook until meat starts to tighten only slightly

13. place cheese on meat and remove from heat. allow to rest for 5mins. during this time prep the rest of your burgers.

protips:

- bega super slices are awesome for american style burgers.

- breadtop make savory buns that are still loaded with sugar. they are small so you need a few.

- breadtop buns are so full of sugar they freeze and unfreeze like a charm

- you can make the meat rolls ahead of time.

- i usally keep a couple of meat rolls and packs of breatop buns in the freezer. If i want burgers all i have to do is remove and leave on the bench for a few hours then cook.

Awesome thanks. Sounds like a plan.

So no ingredients to the mince, onion, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic etc?

I feel my rolling skills will fail. Pics of said rolled cylinder?

There is one breadtop in all of w.a. Will hit it up haha.

Awesome thanks. Sounds like a plan.

So no ingredients to the mince, onion, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic etc?

I feel my rolling skills will fail. Pics of said rolled cylinder?

There is one breadtop in all of w.a. Will hit it up haha.

never anything. just mince.

adding extra things means you have to over-work the protein in the meat and it becomes tougher.

never anything. just mince.

adding extra things means you have to over-work the protein in the meat and it becomes tougher.

Ah sounds good. Got any rolling tips before I turn it into a mess? (Leaving it open for a Ric response)