SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

fark that's bad

whats considerably worse than the holocaust is a flashing airbag light

autoelecs attempt and fail, recommend replace items that aren't broken (replaced anyway)

Nissan workshop manual is inconclusive and provides not-possible diagnostic results

google fails

sau fails

genocide is preferable

Did your airbags pop in your ditch kiss?

Or was the impact angle not right to trigger them?

No, it was at very low speed and hit it at the rear... and this is an entirely different car now..

Door button trick doesn't do anything. (wont go from 'user mode' to 'diagnostic mode')

Nissan say that it wont go from user mode to diagnostic mode if battery voltage is under 9V.

Battery voltage is 12.5v.

There's also a god damned mystery yellow plug behind where the head unit goes. There's nowhere to plug this in. Anyone? lol.

fark that's bad

whats considerably worse than the holocaust is a flashing airbag light

autoelecs attempt and fail, recommend replace items that aren't broken (replaced anyway)

Nissan workshop manual is inconclusive and provides not-possible diagnostic results

google fails

sau fails

genocide is preferable

While I'm not sure about this holocaust humor

I had same problem with air bag light .. Do you have neons in the footwell? Or similar ?

Edited by alr33x

in all seriousness holocaust stuff isn't funny, its only funny because of how absurd and so on it is, and its that absurdity that is the funny part

anyhow,

Airbag wasn't triggering on car prior to it receiving my original engine and transmission and ECU's.

It is now. However, the SRS system is supposedly a self-contained system/unit with its own sensors, wires, and so on. Changing an engine shouldn't trigger it from what I can see going by the workshop manual.

Everything is that distinctive yellow, and there's a plug where the stock audio is, except this one is bright yellow. However it terminates short and there's nothing obvious to plug it into. Unsure if unfortunately coloured or god knows what.

Dunno if its even for the airbag, but its suspicious because nothing else was altered and the system won't even enter diagnostic mode to give me flashing lights to find out whats wrong with it all. Given this mystery plug is behind the head unit figured someone may have seen it before when they do something like... change a head unit which is pretty much done in every single skyline in australia

Well if it helps mine was flashing non stop auto elec tried looked everywhere turned out autobarn slightly snipped wire in passenger footwell that was causing the light on dash to flash so they fixed that and problem forever solved