SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

RACV classic car insurance rejected me because I've had 3 speeding fines in the last 2 years. thats cool, theyre insurance is shit anyway.

Insurance equivalent of calling a girl a slut because she wouldn't put out for you

Simon became a sparky since he has the unearthed one.

Indeed... I now have 6 of these, since I made the ebay seller send me another to replace a "broken" one... then I refused to pay return postage, so got to keep it (works fine)

$_12.JPG

When I was under the car the other night doing suspension work, had one of these sitting down on the floor shining up under the car... as they put out no heat its got all the brightness of a 500W halogen, but none of the "I'm going to set things on fire if you don't keep at eye on me" annoyance. No dicking around with little LED torches or light bars either.

So going to keep 2 of them portable (will just wire up an extension lead onto them) and mount the other 4 around the walls.

They're a bargain at about $25 ea... but yeah, they aren't particularly safe straight out of the factory :| And being 240V they may not be suitable for your needs if you want one to be used away from a power source (or powered by the car itself)

and being 240V they may not be suitable for your needs if you want one to be used away from a power source (or powered by the car itself)

yeah thats the deal breaker for me. portable so i can use it at work plus in tight spots.

those magnetic LED torch/bar things are super handy for cars, kinda like: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/72-LED-Powered-Mechanics-Magnetic-Hanging-Trouble-Work-Light-Bar-Lamp-Useful-/231295295853?pt=AU_Sport_Camping_Hiking_Lamps_Torches&hash=item35da46216d

Hmm... do I stay with 3rd party or go comprehensive with JustRipsoffs?

Honestly it depends how hard you drive it...

If you're doing twisty cruises and hills runs... Full Comp right away...

If you're driving it twice a week to go to your mums place for tea, I'd stay on 3rd party fire THEFT until you can afford it.

Also, if you've got the money sitting in your account, you just don't Want to spend it... then go Full Comp.

bought nissan key thinking it was a gtst key, not a gtst key.

because.....

mohsen.

Oh Noes, Moh got Moh'd...

Googling for Skyline GTST Blank Key doesn't actually come up with any images of the key that I've got with mine Black plastic with an S imprinted in it.

Mine:

10350431_10152240538141148_3114754433721

Mohsen's new one:

10151873_10204892756541642_8504669079170

Does my one have a separate part number, Mike?