SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Your qualification/experience gets you through the resume stage. Your character/personality gets you through the interview stage.

Don't mix up arrogance/"I've got this job easy" with confidence/charm

Yup + 1

I'm also doing interviews at my firm at the moment. If its for a grad position, it would just be how the present themselves & personality. If they seem they will be a good worker

• Like 1

So, whos the go-to guy for re-assembling an engine with a minimum amount of fuss, quick turnaround and/or a minimum amount of utter bullshit?

Is there even anyone anymore?

http://www.head-spec.com.au/

if motor is already out, turn around is good.

also Moh had good experience with http://engineaction.com/

It's currently still all in the car, and I'm not on speaking terms with it right now.

The head did get ported and polished, then it exploded, then "fixed" and now I suspect it exploded again simply due to the fact that my entire radiators contents appears to have exited through the exhaust.

So that's nice.

Last time (can't believe I'm typing this really) the bottom end turned out to be completely straight. Really hoping it'd be a case of "put a standard head on" and move the cams from the dead one to the new standard one.

However things typically rarely go as planned and/or end up being best case scenario so I'm sure it will cost $100,000 and take approximately seventeen years to get running again.

• Like 1

http://www.head-spec.com.au/

if motor is already out, turn around is good.

also Moh had good experience with http://engineaction.com/

It's currently still all in the car, and I'm not on speaking terms with it right now.

The head did get ported and polished, then it exploded, then "fixed" and now I suspect it exploded again simply due to the fact that my entire radiators contents appears to have exited through the exhaust.

So that's nice.

Last time (can't believe I'm typing this really) the bottom end turned out to be completely straight. Really hoping it'd be a case of "put a standard head on" and move the cams from the dead one to the new standard one.

However things typically rarely go as planned and/or end up being best case scenario so I'm sure it will cost $100,000 and take approximately seventeen years to get running again.

+ 1

If you need assistance send me a PM and i'll see if a cash job can be done

Originally, this happened:

Piston%202%20Water%20Jacket%203.jpg

This was apparently fixed.

I suspect it's become un-fixed.

It's entirely possible it's not that, and an entirely different cylinder, or gasket, etc. All I can go on is that it behaved itself perfectly on the dyno, so no one really suspected a thing.

Can't really know what damage has been done till it's all pulled apart, the bottom end may not have survived the second time.

That said, the second death was certainly less explosive than the first, which was a good ol fashioned hard stall at 7000 RPM at undisclosed speed.

me and hard stall is this

crossed-fingers-sign-of-the-cross-resemb

but i feel for ya. but there comes a time in any nissan owners life when they have to decide how they want to build a motor... go all out and spend big $$ to get back what you once had, or to go mild where its less risky but also boring (and it will probably still go bang anyway)

I tried that, but it exploded before it left the dyno (before I took receipt of the engine that was put in to do just that)

So I got it forged and stroked to 2.8-9L via Mr Brian Crower.

It did not hard stall the 2nd time. It'll actually start and run on what seems to be 5 cylinders, but yeah obviously I'm not wanting to press my luck by continuing to do that.

last time at winton you took advice to just pull out a bit of timing from your engine, you went back out and barely made it back to the pits...
motor went esploded, taking the bottom end with it.

Can't wait for the weekend, going to pull apart this evo and start making lists of things I want to repair / replace / remove / de-rust.

I get the feeling like it's going to be a decent list :|

Yay new projects!

Saturday morning getting an eye test done at the optometrist, with eye drops... going to have pinger eyes for a few hours so I hope its not too sunny and I'll still be able to drive home without dying :P

dilated-eye.jpg

Stare into my eyes... yes, yes... let the soul flow through you.

lol @ pinger eyes. get pulled into booze bus... theres a few hours of your work time gone.

If I hit a booze bus in 1.5km of Vermont South back streets at Midday on a Saturday, I'd be very surprised.

That said, I've seen one a few times on Terrara road next to the footy oval on a Sunday Morning, in a very visible location that you can avoid if you were still a bit over from the previous night... So a pretty pointless spot if they were trying to get the tards off the road.