SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

^ Your younger sister?

Mate's wedding recently - they didn't ask for cash, and had a registry (albeit with exclusively shithouse items on it)... got them a bomb ass Versace vase, tough titties if they don't like it

I'm with Birds... felt better than handing over cash imo, but I do love shopping so maybe that's why

had a holy f**k moment a couple nights ago.
cruising along. stop at the lights, defi oil pressure gauge (which i suspect is a fake) drops down to 0.

i saw all that cash flash before my eyes, and a world where id have just given up on this car.

turned it off and pulled over. had oil, all sweet. fiddled around with the sendors and saw that the factory sender wasnt plugged in properly.
started the car.
had normal pressure.
time to buy some f**king legit ones.
whats a decent black/grey faced mechanical gauge? need boost, oil pressure and temp
thx bbys

^ Your younger sister?

Mate's wedding recently - they didn't ask for cash, and had a registry (albeit with exclusively shithouse items on it)... got them a bomb ass Versace vase, tough titties if they don't like it

I'm with Birds... felt better than handing over cash imo, but I do love shopping so maybe that's why

yeah, jo, the f**king idiot.

young love man.... and i hate the dream boats guts.

OR people already have the shit people are likely to gift them.

Also no one likes buying gifts..

This is my point though...gifts were a tradition and now out the window

People used to not have that stuff

People used to be bothered buying it and getting something they didn't have

Ain't no one got a Versace vase, nice move Ric - they'll remember your swagger everytime they look at that vase

Was at the mrs family event thing, one girl who I didn't know probably like 8 years old asks how long we've been married for.

I reply 'aw helllllllll no' get dirty looks from everyone lol

/csb

some of dese birds:

qFJDLh.jpg

• Like 1

Don't think I've been to a wedding in the last ten years that hasn't said no gifts but a donation is welcome / leave your cash at the door

Tradition of giving gifts seems to be dead from where I see it

Says a lot about what our society/generation has become though hey

We see more value in people funding our shit / paying for our wedding / honeymoon than sentimental gifts that will last and be remembered. Maybe we expect a high chance the marriage to go down the gurgler, or maybe cash means more to us because living is expensive. Either way, it's an annoyingly faceless gift.

Think your being slightly cynical it's not about getting your shit paid for but these days people live together well before getting married so unlike ye old days they don't need house hold items.. Same as engagements people generally are all set up already.

I like giving cash it's easy & personally I find gift registeries to be very presumptuous who are they to dictate the amount spent? That is poor form imo. Especially greedy hoes who load up expensive shite.

we put nothing on our invite didn't ask for gifts/cash didn't say no gifts just a straight invite got 99% cash.

• Like 2

Friends had a wedding recently and did a registry. However it was online and split the cost up

So say there was a 400 item it was split into 8 segments so you could give them 50. 100 20 whatever

Good idea for registry in my books

Cash so much better tho

Think your being slightly cynical it's not about getting your shit paid for but these days people live together well before getting married so unlike ye old days they don't need house hold items.. Same as engagements people generally are all set up already.

I like giving cash it's easy & personally I find gift registeries to be very presumptuous who are they to dictate the amount spent? That is poor form imo. Especially greedy hoes who load up expensive shite.

we put nothing on our invite didn't ask for gifts/cash didn't say no gifts just a straight invite got 99% cash.

Do gifts have to be about what people need though? It used to be something to remember people by or a nicety that you wouldn't buy yourself but it's justified if it's gifted. Guarantee you won't remember who gave you what money at the wedding in 10 years, or what it paid for. Ric gonna be remembered for a long time and that vase will shine up instead of being spent on a holiday or the next iPhone.

I should mention I'm not necessarily a fan of gift registries either.

I'm saying it's a generational thing and that's why both givers and receivers are content with it. I bet 20-30 years ago though, if you gave someone cash and weren't a parent or close relative people would think it lazy and unthoughtful. Just saddens old me a little that that tradition seems to be disappearing.