SAU Community

Unable To Post New Thread Via Pc

I am using Windows 7 fully updated and IE and having similar problems to 8110 and elrodeo666:

1. The site often appears to use just the middle third of the screen but sometimes back to normal

2. I 99% can't access my PMs unless some one sends me a message and then I am able to reply.

3. If I hit reply button no window appears although sometimes I can use the fast reply box (as now if this works)

4. I can't edit my own posts

5. (not a ver y new problem) if I try to close links I have opened the this website closes instead

6. I tried to open a thread in this section but just got a "poll" box but couldn't even post in that

7. I downloaded "Safari" but then i couldn't even get the sign in box.

I hate to complain about the site because I appreciate what a valuable resource it is and how much time people put into it but the above are very frustrating!

regards

Bob

Hey Bob,

Love the feedback mate, seriously, its the people that say "Man, this site sucks, I do this and it breaks, get your act together!" that we dont like. But messages like yours are perfect and if I dont get messages like this, I can usually miss that there is a problem entirely.

Will check them out, thanks again!

C

Im having the exact same issues as KiwiRS4T.

Before i figured out i couldnt start threads it was just the forum being small and in the middle.

Mainly issues 1, 2, 4 and 6 as listed above.

Other than that its fine and i can get around well anough and post what i want to, just a bit annoying being all small. :)

Appreciate the effort too. I can understand how difficult it must be to run forums at times. So ill just carry on and wait till its resolved. No biggie.

Thanks!

Same issues, observed on XP SP3 with IE8 and Opera 9.26 and on fully updated Vista with IE and Opera 10.something.

1. Narrow forum forms, they MAY be wide if I press "stop loading" button before page is fully loaded, so I think forum engine applies narrowing in the late stages of loading process.

2. Cannot use full reply editor - shows no input text field. Fast reply works properly.

3. Cannot use edit button - no fast edit is shown and with full edit the above issue happens.

4. PMs are working for me. But in "viewing profile" form when I'm trying to switch between "about me", "topics", "posts" tabs, the green Loading tab appears and then a pop-up window saying "Action failed" appears.

5. Can not use sign-in form, no login and password fields are displayed.

The issue appeared in the middle of the last week I think.

A fix would be nice. Or an Advice :)

Petros.

I'm having the same issues as the ppl above. I tried to make a thread about it here yesterday but it wouldnt let me post.

Ever since a few days ago the site went to i think its the mobile version and i started having all these problems.(A more compressed layout)

I read in one of the other post to delete all the cookies but when i done that i couldnt log back in, had to refresh a dozen times.

I use google chrome.

I am having same problems in logging in from Japan. I dont have access on both home and work pc's. Extremely difficult to log in (page doesnt show section to include user name or password). I think this happened since the site was centred and narrow but it could have also started a couple of days after it the alignment went crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

when i click the add reply, reply and multiquote button (not fast reply) i dont get the input box and same with login in. Good thing i dont log out.. I've tried Chrome, Firefox and explorer. No luck with any of them. And those 2 errors you mentioned i havent experience those yet.

So, I have an update.

First of all, for those, who don't see username and password boxes, fear not, it's easily fixable, or I'd say, there is a workaround. It's pretty easy if you have IE8, and very wasy if you have Opera. I don't use other browsers, so don't know if there is an easy fix for Chrome, Firefox, etc.

Instructions for IE8

1. Start IE8, press F12, the Developer Tools window will appear. In this window click File, click Customize Internet Explorer View Source, select Notepad, close Developer Tools window.

2. Load SAU Sign In page with no input boxes.

3. Right-click and select View Source, notepad window with the current page (SAU Sign In) source code will appear.

4. Find and delete the following part 

<!-- SAU_ATF_728 -->
        <script type='text/javascript'>
            GA_googleFillSlot("SAU_ATF_728");
        </script>

5. In notepad File - Save As, call the file somehow, e.g. SignIn. Make sure you assign .htm file extension to the file you're saving. Save at, say, Desktop, for convenience.

6. In IE do File - Open File (or press Ctrl+O) and select the file you just saved. Enjoy proper Login form, with all necessary Username and Password fields as well as tickboxes.   :D

In opera it's even easier - you open sign-in page, press Ctrl+U, delete the above piece of code right away and press "Apply changes". The interesting thing to notice - the line just above the script, which looks like this

<div style="width: 728px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 10px;">

is responsible for "narrow" appearance of the board web forms.

The same method works if you want to bring back full editor form. Just remember - you have to get rid of that piece of code EVERY TIME you don't see input box for login or topic creation form, because every time you click on a link or a button, you basically generate a request for loading a new web page, so you will receive a web page freshly generated by server. Until the problem is solved on the hosting server, it will include that piece of code every time.

To the administrators What's with that script anyway? What does it do and why does it suppress web form generation? And what's with the "style="width: 728px;" piece right after "style="width:100%" code?