SAU Community

New Garrett Gtx2860R / 2863R / 2867R

Gav

Well I for one am very impressed. Thats a fantastic power curve.

Its a prick of a job, but i have done it on my hks2530s, turbonetics make an oem size dual port actuator (part is 30326) that fits the hks actuator bracket. Need 1/4 UNF 80mm actuator rods from gcg for it to fit, and a 4 port mac valve but its a good option to keep the gate shut.

Are your gates creeping open at high exhaust manifold pressures or are the turbines just falling over?

I guess at those flow rates your post-turbine exhaust pressure becomes quite significant.

2c2aa82fd400ccb163ff82bdacf6c524.jpg

Edited by burn4005
  • Like 1

Well I for one am very impressed. Thats a fantastic power curve.

Its a prick of a job, but i have done it on my hks2530s, turbonetics make an oem size dual port actuator (part is 30326) that fits the hks actuator bracket. Need 1/4 UNF 80mm actuator rods from gcg for it to fit, and a 4 port mac valve but its a good option to keep the gate shut.

Are your gates creeping open at high exhaust manifold pressures or are the turbines just falling over?

I guess at those flow rates your post-turbine exhaust pressure becomes quite significant.

At those levels i'd imagine it would be getting quite high and pushing the 25psi actuators open. Ill let my mate know about the actuators if he feels like pushing it further although he did say its plenty quick now so I'm sure it'll stay like this for a bit.

Slightly off topic, but what is the ignition system on that car?

Im aiming for similar boost on e85 and am having ignition issues with old nissan coils.

Try ditching the standard ignitor and running an aftermarket item with new coils.

they're the all-in-one R34 Coils so no igniter required.

if healthy OEM coils can handle 660awhp@ 28+ psi in the car above, that's good enough for me. I'll just get a new set, but if i need to go beefier I'd be interested to hear what Ryan1200 and His mate have done.

Edited by burn4005

Results from the 2530's with the GTX67 front wheels.

Ran 28psi and the 25psi actuators wouldn't hold so they left it there.

618hp was a 33% toluene tune and 661hp was E85 on the 2530's.

f**king f**k. haha. They always want to hit 20psi at around 4700rpm.

My HKS -5s are ass because I cannot get them to come on earlier than 4700rpm no matter what I try (cam gears, timing etc)

Are the GTX67 wheels bigger? I was considering putting GTX60 wheels in and grinding out stock covers, and HKS rear housings. Surely that would help?

Gtx 67 are 67 mm

-5's are 60.1 mm. So much bigger!

Excellent news. Surely the 60mm GTX versions will come on much earlier! All I want is 1k rpm earlier spool, then I won't be grabbing gears so much on the circuit.

1000 rpm from a slightly smaller front fan is not going to happen! Cast vs "billet" or not!

captain obvious here again... want that response? twin scroll single turbo.. job done, less heat, less manifold:plenum pressure, less hoses, less so much shit... less lag :)

• Like 1

To get the gtx60 wheels into the -5 compressor housing you will need to sleeve it cause the gtx60 wheel is smaller

I know this, hence why I said I would grind out stock housings to suit.

1000 rpm from a slightly smaller front fan is not going to happen! Cast vs "billet" or not!

Do you think I could even get close? Like 500-700rpm less lag? Maybe 20psi by 4,000rpm?

I remember I had some wanker on facebook try and tell me he had -5s on at 3750rpm with a stock motor. Some people talk so much shit...

captain obvious here again... want that response? twin scroll single turbo.. job done, less heat, less manifold:plenum pressure, less hoses, less so much shit... less lag :)

haha I am one of "those" and want to keep the twins.

• Like 1

I'm currently running +10in, -8ex and it's still laggy lol.

I went as far as +12in and it still didn't help.

fuark that's going to punish your top end though..... set it back to 0/0 (or close) dw... comes on at 5k rpm, might as well spin it to 9k rpm like the Mine's GT-R..

That way you will have 4k worth of rpm to play with.

fuark that's going to punish your top end though..... set it back to 0/0 (or close) dw... comes on at 5k rpm, might as well spin it to 9k rpm like the Mine's GT-R..

That way you will have 4k worth of rpm to play with.

I've noticed at +10in it seems to fall over at about 7000-7400rpm

I will pull it back to +8in or +6in to get me to 8k. Exhaust just made it f**king fast everywhere. Not sure why the hell -8ex did that.

Nervous though. not sure how far I can go before I break something