SAU Community

New Garrett Gtx2860R / 2863R / 2867R

Gav

16 hours ago, Wesley James R32GTR said:

Hi guys,

I have Gav's GTX2863R kit available for sale from when he was the pioneer of these things and chose to go down the custom route when you retain the GTX front covers as Garrett intended. If anyone is interested please see the below link.

Thanks,

Wes

damn all of that for 70-90 more ponies >_<  where does the power come at now? still above 4k?

31 minutes ago, omnigear said:

damn all of that for 70-90 more ponies >_<  where does the power come at now? still above 4k?

Go back to the start of this thread and read the first 10 pages or so. Everything is there.

70-90 HP is nothing to sneeze at!

• Like 2

On 7/21/2016 at 4:05 PM, Piggaz said:

Go back to the start of this thread and read the first 10 pages or so. Everything is there.

70-90 HP is nothing to sneeze at!

depends on where you are in the hp if you have 100hp and add 70-90 its a big deal , but when you are around 2k 70-90 is not that much :P 

• 1 month later...

You just need to source a HKS turbine housing from a 2530 or 2535 to make it bolt-on to your existing manifold and downpipe. Just new line and some silicone couplers to adpat it to your piping.

And I agree, I also think it would be a very good match to a 20.

Of course, but it needs some more fiddling to make it fit. Also to keep the rb20 reviness I think it would be good to take it in T4 TS 0.80 a/r. On most SR I could find on youtube the torque was falling off quickly beyond 6000 rpm or so. Opening up the exhaust is the solution i guess as the EFR turbine wheels are not as good flowing as the garrett ones.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:32 PM, R_34 said:

You just need to source a HKS turbine housing from a 2530 or 2535 to make it bolt-on to your existing manifold and downpipe. Just new line and some silicone couplers to adpat it to your piping.

And I agree, I also think it would be a very good match to a 20.

I was looking at the Sonic Performance turbo but idk if they will ship to the US, sent them an email though.

I am more or less looking for a bolton solution which EFR6758 I don't think has a turbine housing that is skyline fitment.

In the US it might be hard to obtain a skyline turbine housing so I might have to accept I won't be getting one, however I'm curious how the Hypergear SS1 compares at this point. Basically my final choice if I want a stock fitment turbo that is billet and ball bearing.

You just need to source a HKS turbine housing from a 2530 or 2535 to make it bolt-on to your existing manifold and downpipe.

I take it a RB25 housing won't work for this?

Edited by Kanaric

Nope a rb25 housing will not fit the GTX28 turbine unless you machine it. And still I don't think the garrett CHRA could be bolted to the RB25 housing.

And yes I was also tempted for a sonic performance unit for a time, as you mentioned it : ball bearing, billet, bolt-on. I couldn't buy it at that time and went kinugawa. And today all I want is an EFR as getting a bolt-on turbo is no longer mandatory. And EFR are far from bolt-on, not a huge amount of work for a 25 as the EFR 7064 .83 is already T3 flanged, you just need lines and a vband downpipe. But for the smaller and less breathing 20 it will be to big for street use. So you'll need to look toward the B1 frame which does not come T3 flanged but rather T25 or T4.

If your really want a bolt-on solution : hypergear, sonic performance (you'll need lines and some silicone couplers though), kinugawa (silicone couplers needed).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, R_34 said:

Nope a rb25 housing will not fit the GTX28 turbine unless you machine it. And still I don't think the garrett CHRA could be bolted to the RB25 housing.

And yes I was also tempted for a sonic performance unit for a time, as you mentioned it : ball bearing, billet, bolt-on. I couldn't buy it at that time and went kinugawa. And today all I want is an EFR as getting a bolt-on turbo is no longer mandatory. And EFR are far from bolt-on, not a huge amount of work for a 25 as the EFR 7064 .83 is already T3 flanged, you just need lines and a vband downpipe. But for the smaller and less breathing 20 it will be to big for street use. So you'll need to look toward the B1 frame which does not come T3 flanged but rather T25 or T4.

If your really want a bolt-on solution : hypergear, sonic performance (you'll need lines and some silicone couplers though), kinugawa (silicone couplers needed).

Really the only reason I want a bolton turbo is that I want to keep the stock manifold, turbo position, and my exhaust. If there is a stock position downpipe that goes to the exhaust I have I would be open to it and it would open my options. Though all I have seen were top mount downpipes.

Thanks for the replies.

• 2 weeks later...