SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

• 1 month later...

I want 18x9.5 inch all round, rears im fine with +38 but for the fronts its hard to find out exactly what offset i would need.

I would prefer no gaurd roll back can do if scraping.

Would +35 front be ok?

im running 18x9.5 + 22 235/40 on the fronts lowered with coilovers and it clears everything fine even on full lock, except for going up inclines(ramps and driveways) with the wheels turned then itl scuff the guard lip (mind you the car could be raised a good 10-15 odd mm to fix that because it has dropped below limit or i could just roll my guards)

it pokes a little bit and given the stretch on the tyre its really a preference on the "stanced" look it gives (it was the biggest tyre i could run under there) i never choose the "thug life"

i wouldnt run anything higher then +22 on a 9.5 wheel on the front to be safe maybe a +24mm at most but that would be pushing it

id stick with a 8.5" wheel on the front and run with the lowest offset so a +30 or some thing that should give a somewhat neat flush to lip look (maybe spacers if your into them)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Need some help im thinking of getting Rota Grid R's....

Car suspension = stock, might want to lower alittle but no guard work if possible...

1. From what I've read for 18" 9.5 with an offset of 35 this will fit the rears almost perfect flush right?

2. I can't get 8.5's with the specific Rota's i want so if i was to get 9.5 what offset would sit flush for the front?

Thanks

Edited by R34R34

9.5 with + 30 would stick out a bit. Trying to fit a 9.5 on the front is hard any chance to run a 9? (i would personaly recomend a 9" on the front) 9.5 is to much because you have to run a stretched tyre to be "legal"

ok so i just did a quick calculation for you and the size for the front would also be 9.5 + 35 BUT the problem is im not sure if it will clear your springs. 9.5 on +30 will stick out about 6mm from the guard and it means youl have to probably have to runn a 235 tyre

I had 9.5 +38 test fitted on the front without a tyre and it was touching the suspension on full lock.

8.5 +30 fits perfect, no guard rub no guard work, normal tyre.

9.5 +30 will probably be quite close to the suspension especially on full lock but it may just fit. However it will poke out and may need guard work not to rub.

Maybe rota does custom orders?

Thanks soo much guys really appreciate your help... I'm thinking I might do this...

Rears: 18x9.5 +35 Rota Grid R (more concave look)
http://www.rotawheels.com.au/wheels/rota-grid-r

Fronts: 18x8.5 +30 Rota Grid (more flat look)
http://www.rotawheels.com.au/wheels/rota-grid

This way I will clear the suspension...

Hopefully they can do customs it would look better with concave look at the front too

Edited by R34R34

Yeah im not to sure about the mixed matched rims, but i guess you dont really have a choice. Have you thought about saving a little extra to buy a better quailty wheel? My rota wheel cracked after 10k km under normal road use..now i have a set of rotas and a cracked wheel sitting around doing nothing haha

• Like 1

Yeah it's unfortunate I can't get the right size... But I'll try and contact them about it to see if I can get a custom one. I was thinking xxr 527's otherwise. That's unlucky with the cracked rim :(

Edited by R34R34

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I have a GTT and I'm getting 18x9.5 et15 all round 235/35/18 on the front and 265/35/18 on the rear what well I need to do to get them to fit nice like do I need to roll the guards or anything

Hey I have a GTT and I'm getting 18x9.5 et15 all round 235/35/18 on the front and 265/35/18 on the rear what well I need to do to get them to fit nice like do I need to roll the guards or anything

Definitely a guard roll on the front, back might be okay(no roll) but will probably poke out a lot.

Also those tyres will be stretched on the front.