SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

im leaning more towards the +30*/35 because i want flush fitment not poke, plus the larger offset will clear big brakes if i ever upgrade.

im only running such a small tires because i have limited funds and dont want to buy new ones yet when i already have some 235's with 80% tread

im leaning more towards the +30*/35 because i want flush fitment not poke, plus the larger offset will clear big brakes if i ever upgrade.

im only running such a small tires because i have limited funds and dont want to buy new ones yet when i already have some 235's with 80% tread

Offset doesn't determine brake clearance. Spoke design does.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

This has been really helpful to read through, I'm ordering rims this week from Work, getting Meister s1 3 piece 18x10+31 and 18x11+29

going by what you guys are saying this seems ridiculous, but I would like to know what you think of offset for front/rear, as you can tell I'm going for a big 'dish' look.

I have Yellow Speed coil overs, will be getting a Type R body kit from viva garage, and universal flares to help fitment. Standard breaks for now but looking into a Brembo or Project Mu kit shortly.

Getting my head around offset has been hard, and I'd love to see some pictures of wheels to compare different offset types. I know what look I am going for, so much criticism about how much work I'll need to do, which I am aware of, I just need a basis to go off, and you all seem to know what works/what doesn't.

Cheers, Ellie :yes:

PS: this is the look I am going for, any ideas on the offset?

post-102975-0-44540600-1392010251_thumb.jpg

post-102975-0-18848800-1392010286_thumb.jpg

Edited by elleNEO

those wheels on David Lai's 34 are 19×11 -1 and 19×11 +3 pretty sure

if you have a non GTR 34 without any guard work you can fit 18x10+15 with a little poke or around +30 will make it more flush,

ive got 18x10+35 on my rears at the moment (non GTR no rear guard work), they sit a little in with no spacers, 5mm gets me flush and 10mm spacers get me just a tiny bit of poke. but with +35 my rim hits the coilovers if i slam them too much so id advise +30 at the rear max,

for the front i have 18x9+30 but i have GTR front guards so they have plenty of room, wish i went +15 on the front instead. but spacers will help me fill the gap anyway.

thats just what ive found with my 34 anyway, heres some pics for reference hopefully helps a little

5mm spacer in front and rears

IMG_3070_zpsbb7e51c3.jpg

IMG_3069_zps61943b36.jpg

How about this setup on my GTT, getting a sweet deal on a forged set so I thought I would consider this....

18x8.5 +30mm Fronts

18X10.5 +50mm (with 2" lip) Rears

car has BC racing coilovers coming, other then that the suspension is stock right now.

Will these work with the appropriate tires? would I need any spacers to make the rears fit better?

+ 50 on the rear is way to big for 10.5's, im pretty sure if i ran them on my 34 id need 30mm spacers for the rim to clear the coilover which would = massive poke resulting in major guard-work or a defect. (less offset should give you a bigger lip too)

im not an expert, just going off my past experience. and it all depends on how you want your wheels to sit.

im using BC coilovers as well and as i said in a above post my 18x10+35 on the rear hit my coilovers if i lower my car too much so i have to run spacers.

if you want a flush look id aim for 18x10+25/30 in the rear and add 5-10mm spacers to give you desired poke/flush look

im not too sure about your fronts as i have wider guards so i have more room then you but 18x8.5 +30 sounds like it would sit pretty well

hope that helps you

thanks for your help!

I actually went to see them, they are actually 18x8 in the fronts and 18x10 in the rears.

Since the seller had the sizing off I imagine he also was not correct with the offset being at +50 either. I could not find on the wheel the offset either.

I will be test fitting them shortly to see how they actually fit on the car, its the only way to be certain.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at a set of d1rs in 18x10+41 rear and 18x9+25 front I have rolled guards and nismo s tune suspension, I don't want camber and ridiculous stretch on my tyres, but I want the guards filled those offsets should clear okay and have room for my brakes still?