SAU Community

R34 Gtt Wheel Offset Advice

Shoujiki

My LMGT4 are +30 front & +38 rear too.

During accident repair I had them roll the rears, but there's plenty of room there with 255's even without - I just figured 'what the hell'. However, even with 225 on the front I get some scrubbing - particularly on full lock, turning in driveways, etc.

My car isn't super-low but I've been pondering raising the front to try and reduce the scrubbing some. I would imagine it would be worse with 235, but I guess you can always try it out. It will depend how low it is, obviously.

Same wheels! Nice!

Hmm, well you see I have 235's on the front atm. But that's with the stock wheels. Still, fairly wide for a 7.5" rim. I never have any issues with them. My car isn't low at all really. Tein Super Street springs, only dropped the car about an inch.

This might be a trial and error process after all :P

Ok got tyres fitted up yesterday. Ended up with 235/40/18 at the front and 265/35/18 at the rear. Absolute perfect fit in my opinion. Wheels fit in perfectly with no scrubbing at all. I think it fills up the guards nicely.

What do we think?

img8563copy.jpg

Looks good, I recently just bought a set of silver LMGT 4's like yours too, same everything but 17", and will probably go the same width tyres as you :P

But my fronts get really dirty after one drive :|

Thanks for the kind words! I'll grab some more angles soon when the weather clears up (camera ran out of battery).

Feels great to drive indeed. You can feel the lightness in the wheels when you corner. Didn't really feel any difference in acceleration or response. More so in cornering response. There is slight increased road noise and a slight more harshness in the bumps (but you can't feel any more bumps than I did before, just the ones I did feel, are a bit sharper). But I guess that's a given going to a lower profile tyre. Overall though I love them!

Edited by Shoujiki

Hi guys, I'm new here and I've recently have gotten myself gotten new wheels for my r34 25gt, 18x8.5+20 in the front and 18x9.5+30 at the rear. The rear sticks out about an inch or less out of the guards, I was wondering if there was a way I could make it stick out less, or are they just too wide?

Edited by tny

My bad, wheels are 18x8.5 + 30 and 18x9.5 + 20

knew you had to have made a mistake. i used to have 9.5 x 35 on my rears, they were PERFECT fitment flush with the guards. there's nothing you can do, the wheels are wheels and you can't lessen offset like that. only solution : get new wheels (again)

As above, you can't make them fit any better. Unless you widen your guards! Correct offset for 9.5" rim on the GTT is +38. Mine fit perfectly with no scrub and fills out to the guard line. Your's being +20 means they will sit 18mm further OUT of the guard line. Which as you say, about an inch! Need different wheels is what it comes down to.

• 1 month later...

I have a few question

im looking to put the varrstoen ES1 18x9.5 front +22 and 18x10.5 +22 for rear.

whats the highest offset you can use that will clear the front calipers?

I was thinking of going 234/40 in ft and 265/35 rears, will it be a big stretch on those tires?

will the rears rub at all?

will I have to roll the fenders?

Edited by US Frank

lol.. TM7GTR I'm not mad bro :P

They actually fit, but the rears do need a small roll - they occasionally scrape if going over bumps in the road.

Here are some pics with the new wheels fitted18x9.5 front 18x10.5 rear.

DSC_5381.jpg

DSC_5372.jpg

what size tires did u use?

• 1 month later...

Hey guy, I'm thinking of getting rays TE37 which are 18x10.5 +15 offset. I know my r34 gtt will require rolled guards all round which they already are..but will that be enough? I'm running tein SS coilovers also.