SAU Community

Wakefield Wrap Up Thread

N1GTR

As requested :D

Great day, the breeze made it not too bad standing at the pit lane exit all day.

Thanks to those of you who offered to get the helpers lunch, and also very nice of the entrants who came up to say bye etc at the end of the day!!!

Everyone enter sutton rd!

Aaaaaaaand over to you guys :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was great day as usual of SAU

Thanks for everyone participation to make this day happen (including drivers having a go!), and to everyone reading this that didn't run. SHAME ON YOU!!! (when dad can buy a v8 Soarer for 2700 bucks 2 days before the event, service everything in one day and drive all day you have no excuse )

Sucks I didnt get to talk to alot of people that I woukdve like to. Lots of driving and passengering.

Did anyone besides Hayes (wrx) do any damage?? I didn't see many offs, Mainly just my dad (doing a 360 on the first corner of the first session trying to hit it at around 80 LOL!)

Also, did anyone accidentally pickup an extra rear floor mat? Hayes (wrx) is missing one >.<!

(copy paste from old thread :P)

Big thanks to the organizers for putting on a great day!!

Was my first track day and I'm hooked car performed flawlessly, thanks to all the guys with helpful tips

Now time to enter every and all track days I can find!!!

Can't wait to see some pics

Was great day as usual of SAU

Thanks for everyone participation to make this day happen (including drivers having a go!), and to everyone reading this that didn't run. SHAME ON YOU!!! (when dad can buy a v8 Soarer for 2700 bucks 2 days before the event, service everything in one day and drive all day you have no excuse )

Sucks I didnt get to talk to alot of people that I woukdve like to. Lots of driving and passengerin

Did anyone besides Hayes (wrx) do any damage?? I didn't see many offs, Mainly just my

dad (doing a 360 on the first corner of the first session trying to hit it at around 80 LOL!)

Also, did anyone accidentally pickup an extra rear floor mat? Hayes (wrx) is missing one >.

<!

What happened to the wrx?

(copy paste from old thread :P)

Another good day. Big thanks to all that put their time into making the day run so well.

Thanks to Dinessi for slowing down and letting me chase him, alowing me a PB of 1.08.788.

Big thumbs down for Mich Pilot sport cup semi slicks, big dollars for little improvement over the Federal RS-R's.

Stupid i phone i tried to say what happened to the wrx?

Spun off the track and separated the tyre from the rim, I think a little damage to the rims, but he got them fixed up and made it back on the track

Yeah first session last lap he 4 wheel slide over 5 metres off the track.

Just got two tyres refitted and was good to go, missed 2 sessions though which was a bit sucky.

Damage is a bit of rash on the two wheels but he wasn't to phased as there only stockies :)

Yeah first session last lap he 4 wheel slide over 5 metres off the track.

Just got two tyres refitted and was good to go, missed 2 sessions though which was a bit sucky.

Damage is a bit of rash on the two wheels but he wasn't to phased as there only stockies :)

Good excuse to get some nice aftermarket wheels ;)

Wow, what an epic track day. There were four sessions with 7-8 cars. So much free track space to play in!

Super big thanks to Steve-O and Dave for doing the course marshalling duties and big thanks to Jez for lending a hand a scruitineering.

Also thanks Eric for lending me a SD card when I found I packed the wrong one.

If anyone comes accross a large yellow and black phillips head screwdriver, I must have misplaced it.

Thanks for a great day out.

Weather was perfect for shorts and a singlet, track was in great condition (compared to last week when I was down there it looked like a river not a track). Not many attended but typically the field was made up of mostly noobs which was great. Considering the amount of noobs there was very few spin outs on the track (except for the 2 that entered pit lane backwards grr). Heeeaps of track time, I used an entire 20L jug of fuel :P

I fitted brand new Hoosier full-slicks in the morning, my first time ever on new tyres let alone new slicks. They were up to temp in 2 full laps (compared to 3 laps for 2yo semi-slicks) they were much more stable under braking and after dropping the pressure of my back left by 2psi all 4 tyres held up perfectly for every lap of every session. The braking ability of full slicks is amazing, i've never braked so deep into the last corner and turn 2 (with still more to go as my balls get bigger). The slicks were 2 inches shorter than my previous semi's so my gearing was out, took me 2 sessions to figure out the right gears for each corner, a nice 10,000rpm down the main straight fixed that :P

Knocked a full second off my previous PB, but did about 10 laps under my previous PB giving me a good consistent run of 10.8's to 11.0's which im happy about considering ive still never had a wheel alignment and I have 3 different spring rates fitted not to mention 10yo steel shocks. Could have made some quick changes in the pits between sessions but just decided to leave it as is for the day.

Bring on CircuitClub on 25/4 :)

Glad to hear that your changes worked a treat Ben!

Unforunately it too me too long to figure out how to work the new lap timer. After I figured it out, I had already gotten the bad batch of fuel that ended my day prematurely. GGRRRRRRRRR!

But just checked the video (when I did remember to turn it on) and from the video timing I managed a mid 1:12. I'll be happy with that for now cause it's 1 second off personal best on street tyres. I'm uploading that video on Vimeo now but going to take a little while cause it still has to re-encode it.

Well done boys. another great event. Excellentjob. thanks to the experienced guys for your time and knowledge. made a massive difference.

although I did love having so much space on the track to myself I feel like I've gotta tell you 50/50 guys who check the threads but never make it out to drive.... muscle up and do the very next day. your missing out hard! I drove there, had eight sessions and drove the car home no issues. You don't need to compete with the big boys or risk damaging your car to have fun.

Anyway. Thanks team! I'm looking forward to sutton rd.

Was a great day, I was also out on new mitchi pilot sport cups that were brand spankers, I found they really took along time to wear in and understeered off turn one once and was very close twice. but after they wore in and got up to temp they were great, did a 1:08.2 according to my old man with a stop watch next to me on the last session of the day, also running lower pressured helped immensely with grip.

looking forward to the next one, hopefully I can get an FRP bonnet before then so I can get more than a few laps in before having to cool down.

Thanks for the day guys was great.