SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

Holy shit. That r34 on the last page, dodgy as f**k.

Props to you guys informing everyone on this kinda stuff.

Is it even possible to obtain auction papers? Because it looks like its the only way to confirm recent imports true odo readings.

Sure you can. Buy the car yourself in Japan through some auction service like the smart people do.

You'll get to see the auction sheet.

If you want you can even PM me and I'll translate it.

If a car has its proper shaken history included it is difficult to falsify odo readings in Japan now because as was said earlier the export certificate will reflect that.

All the clocking is happening on the other end now.

Edited by Matvei27

I haven't read the whole thread but has anyone considered writing something to their local member of parliament / minister for transport to have a certified copy of the original deregistration certificate included during the import process?

Maybe something legallly can be put in place so this nonsense stops.

What benefit would the government gain from doing this? If it doesn't make them money, why would they help?

We're talking about a very small % of affected cars (not even considering the fact that it's an import)

Unfortunately I dont think it will do much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/guildford/cars-vans-utes/nissan-skyline-r34-v-spec-1999-real-collection-condition-/1081528681

Has anyone seen this car? What got my attention is the pictures used are all from the global auto japan website, EXCEPT the engine bay pic

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_stock_detail.php?entry=0315.dat&model=BNR34

so if its the same car, it lost its S1 engine on its way down under?

• Like 2

I haven't read the whole thread but has anyone considered writing something to their local member of parliament / minister for transport to have a certified copy of the original deregistration certificate included during the import process?

Maybe something legallly can be put in place so this nonsense stops.

I think it is more up to us, the car enthusiasts to do what we can to stop this. After all it is all of us who get affected by these cars as they get released into our close nit market. None of us want to be buying anything like this so we have to do what we can to make sure no one does.

The more awareness we can provide to the community and potential owners about places like Edward Lees, the more value the skyline / import community has!

• 6 months later...

More pics of that particular car, many thanks to a SAU member. As you may already know, this car has had its odometer wound back. However, it did receive a Grade 4 when it passed though auction. Looking at the pics, its absolutely shocking to see how that happened! A word of warning, DONT take auction gradings to be gospel. I've seen this happen so many times but was able to dodge an expensive bullet every single time thanks to my importer!

3UHKWoG.jpg

WY5Fkb0.jpg

JBJHsG0.jpg

proJrNT.jpg

ke1OA7E.jpg

WiXtZHL.jpg

f3x8j2u.jpg

r1NYShj.jpg

BWT2t2l.jpg

JFB3Uw7.jpg

bKxRFRs.jpg

G9lbIRK.jpg