SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

Thanx for your replies Richard and kate.

I have looked around and the cheapest I found was $1150 including delivery and a free 'el cheapo' front strut brace from a guy on ebay. Bit sus if its genuine or not and he didnt answer my questions very clearly and the plumbing looked sus/cheap.

My mate got one from EVO a couple of weeks ago and I checked out there work and it looked good. So I decided to get one from EVO and it cost me $1500 installed. Also cost me a further $450 to install/set up my AVCR and dyna tune my power fc.

So what you all think? I reckon there rates arent any different to most workshops. Think they charge $70/hr.

So what you guys recon a Intercooler kit with piping would be worth for my R32 Gtst..???

800x600x300x76+ ...that size... :D:D

lol you n00ber you cant get

plus with your little engine it will be to big even with a 600 x 300 x 76 :) those r32s struggle to pull 5psi dont they :flamed:

So what you guys recon a Intercooler kit with piping would be worth for my R32 Gtst..???

800x600x300x76+ ...that size... :D:D

oh man... should've let me know a bit earlier, I just sold one about a month ago for $330, it was 800x600x76 bar and plate

lol you n00ber you cant get  

plus with your little engine it will be to big even with a 600 x 300 x 76 :D those r32s struggle to pull 5psi dont they  :flamed:

oops thats what i mean... 800, but 600 core... Whatever...

5psi... aint that roughly what a R33 runs stock...hmmm

Last time i looked at my boost guage i was running 11-12psi...

Sounds ok.

I bought a Blitz LM kit and fitted it myself for $1320 all up. I figure if I want someone butchering my front bar/support it may as well be me.

You don't happen to own the Silver line I saw in Dickson last night?

Me?? Mines gun metal grey and I live down near Narooma on the far south coast :D

does anyone from SAU ACT go to a mechanic in Kambah called Ben??

he used to work at EVO but left.. his a ****in smart bloke, and a champion too

i know andrew (veilside_r33) knows of his good work..

he is highly recomendid by everyone that has heard/experienced his handy work, he has worked on my car, and i have been very amazed with what he has pulled out of it. he rebuilds RB's SR's, rotors, the lot. Tunes microtech/apexi/wolf, you name it.

im sure some other forum members can back me up with just how smart this guy is

Ben did a bit on mine (this was my first evo incident, not the second i posted about on the last page :cheers:) and did a tune on it. All in all I wasnt overly impressed as all that had been done was ignition timing advanced to all hell and back (and it was detonating on the street after I got it back quite badly).

-HOWEVER- Ed knows Ben pretty well and says that sounds unlike him. I also heard from another person, Evo were only concerned with getting cars in, getting a high dyno figure to keep the customer happy and shipping the car out. Ben wanted to spend more time on tuning the cars but his hands were tied by Evo. From the only time I spoke with him he seemed nice enough and knew his shit, not to mention I have heard nothing but good things about him from other people.

So in my mind, Ben is good but Evo limit his ability to play with cars (or thats the way it obviously used to be). Now if him and Ed were to team up...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone dont be stupid to go to EVO MOTORSPORT cause when you give your car there for service or for them to tune your car the guys doing it will take it for a test run and give heaps of preassure to your car like doing burnouts, drifting and giving high revs ive seen it happen and heard heaps bad things about them from the boys in Canberra... I heard that Ed from Integra Automotive is the place to go if you want good tuning and service cause he realy is a good bloke to realie on and trust him to take good care of your care so id suggest to everyone to see him!

does anyone from SAU ACT go to a mechanic in Kambah called Ben??

he used to work at EVO but left.. his a ****in smart bloke, and a champion too

i know andrew (veilside_r33) knows of his good work..

he is highly recomendid by everyone that has heard/experienced his handy work, he has worked on my car, and i have been very amazed with what he has pulled out of it. he rebuilds RB's SR's, rotors, the lot. Tunes microtech/apexi/wolf, you name it.

im sure some other forum members can back me up with just how smart this guy is

is this ben with shaggy hair ben?? i think i know him through my mate ivan zaf (zaf performance - 0422-136-289). judging by your avtar, you might know ivan anyway cos he works on youssef's car... but yeah if its the guy i'm thinking of, he seems like a really decent guy and he knows his stuff.

he's imported vehicles and does a bit of work all around the place from what i've heard (evo, with ivan, and he's done dealings with joe sukkar, and others...)

d