SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

Never ever take a car to Evo motorsports. I don't know a single person who has gone there and not been ripped off. Hell, I even know a kid who did work experience there, that they got to put the head on an S2000, he'd never touched a car in his life before that.

Personally I recomend Trojan Motorsport www.trojanmotorsport.com.au Trojan Motorsport , they have a few big R33's, and a couple of R32's and R34's coming out of there frequently. Both the boys John and John have either had or have Skylines themselves, and they're pretty much their bread and butter. Never heard anyone have a genuine complaint about them.

Dan.

I hardly believe that is the fact, EVO motorsport will let a work experience boy touch a S2000, I finished my work experience last year with them, I found that they are so helpful but not even let me do a work alone(that is quite clear in our work experience guideline, we can not work without monitoring by the in charge person). that is hard to found a place like EVO that still taking work experience position and give a chance to people like me to work in a well established workshop like EVO.

So it seems that EVO have been flamed in this thread by people that havent actually dealt with them.

I had them (EVO) install and tune my power fc a few months ago - not a problem. Cost was probably a bit high - $450 but we had issues with my plugs and they did a few runs on the Dyno before it was all good.  Since then I have had a few knock issues so Im due for another tune. I think I'll give EVO another go.  

Who else can recommend a power fc tuner in or around ACT?

I agree with u gR33ddy, it seems some sort of business competition in our ACT forum, try to blame one business, same time, give out all details of the other business, even full contact details, wed address and contact name(bit hard sell).

anyway, my friend from bega just have a front mount intercooler, AVCR installed and tune by EVO last Friday in his Skyline, and he show me the dyno sheet from EVO, 12.7psi has 207kw and cost him all up $2000(he brought the AVCR himself), pick up the car in the same day. Honestly, I really can't see how a tuner can tune power fc without run on dyno. road tunning a pfc, avcr, safc......get real!

I agree with u gR33ddy, it seems some sort of business competition in our ACT forum, try to blame one business,  same time, give out all details of the other business, even full contact details, wed address and contact name(bit hard sell).  

anyway, my friend from bega just have a front mount intercooler, AVCR installed and tune by EVO last Friday in his Skyline, and he show me the dyno sheet from EVO, 12.7psi has 207kw and cost him all up $2000(he brought the AVCR himself), pick up the car in the same day. Honestly, I really can't see how a tuner can tune power fc without run on dyno.      road tunning a pfc, avcr, safc......get real!

Hey drifthead,

Your talkin about Luke hey? Their is only a handfull of lines down this way!

He bought the AVCR through me and I live kinda near Bega aswell.

whats ur name, I'll tell him we met on the forum.

:cheers:

Just to add to this, last time I was at Evo I left the store with some very nasty words exchanged with there staff members, and as far as I am concerned I still owe them a few hundred dollars worth of damage (eye for an eye).

I believe people shouldnt slander other companies on the forums, so im not going to slander them, im going to simply state the truth of what happened and fact.

I was driving along one night (quite hard) when a loud bang occured and lots of metal clunking around noises. I got the car towed to Evo as it was the only place open on the weekend. I asked them to do a compression test and -nothing else- and how much this would cost. They told me they would do it for free and to come back Monday. So Monday morning I organise a tow to Ed's (I dont trust Evo as I had a bad experiance with them prior to this) and go to get the car. I find half the bloody engine stripped and a $400 bill before they will let me take the car. After lots of swearing I pay the money just to get the hell out of there. They also told me I had blown the engine, was down on compression on all cylinders.

Get the car to Ed's, he pulls the gearbox off to take the engine out. He pulls the engine (not doing a compression test, because i told him the engine was stuffed going by Evo's word, how stupid I was) and gives me a call at work. "Hi Nik, stripped your engine and there is -nothing- wrong with it, you could put it back in and itd be working fine. However your gearbox is abo****ely stuffed".

End result, stuffed gearbox -- OK engine, nothing wrong with it despite being told it needed a rebuild by Evo. Ended up getting it rebuilt while I had it out anyway.

That is a true story word for word of what happened, and because of that I will never give them business ever again. Id also like to point out (again) the above post is not slanderous/libelous... the truth cannot be taken as defamatory comments.

Who else can recommend a power fc tuner in or around ACT?

Jakes Performance in Mitchell can tune the Power FC and they have a Dyno Dynamics Dyno! A couple of ppl on this forum have had this done and recommend them. Going to see if they can tune an E-manage as well.

As for EVO, I have dealt with them b4 and they had not stuffed my car, although this was just to install a turbo timer. But I will never take my car there again going from outrageous quotes for work and true stories from mates that have been f#$ked by them. Its entirely your choice to take your car where ever you want to, no one is trying to convince you otherwise. But its always handy for others to share experiences from places so that you can make your own mind up.

I feel for you Amaru, that's some nasty shit that happened to you!

Ed can do the fuel pump, hes done the whole fuel system in my car (2L surge tank, Bosch 044, GTR pump in tank, braided lines and fittings through the whole car) and a few others off the forums.

For guard rolling, ill see if I can get the number off Ewen. He did an awesome job on Ewens car, no paint cracking or anything, and he comes to you.

Ed' did an awsome job on installing my fuel pump and resolving the realted problems I was having as well.

I had my guards rolled on my GTS-T by UAS in Sydney, but I'd go with Ewens recomendation. I have seen his results.

Just to add to this, last time I was at Evo I left the store with some very nasty words exchanged with there staff members, and as far as I am concerned I still owe them a few hundred dollars worth of damage (eye for an eye).

I believe people shouldnt slander other companies on the forums, so im not going to slander them, im going to simply state the truth of what happened and fact.

I was driving along one night (quite hard) when a loud bang occured and lots of metal clunking around noises. I got the car towed to Evo as it was the only place open on the weekend. I asked them to do a compression test and -nothing else- and how much this would cost. They told me they would do it for free and to come back Monday. So Monday morning I organise a tow to Ed's (I dont trust Evo as I had a bad experiance with them prior to this) and go to get the car. I find half the bloody engine stripped and a $400 bill before they will let me take the car. After lots of swearing I pay the money just to get the hell out of there. They also told me I had blown the engine, was down on compression on all cylinders.

Get the car to Ed's, he pulls the gearbox off to take the engine out. He pulls the engine (not doing a compression test, because i told him the engine was stuffed going by Evo's word, how stupid I was) and gives me a call at work. "Hi Nik, stripped your engine and there is -nothing- wrong with it, you could put it back in and itd be working fine. However your gearbox is abo****ely stuffed".

End result, stuffed gearbox -- OK engine, nothing wrong with it despite being told it needed a rebuild by Evo. Ended up getting it rebuilt while I had it out anyway.

That is a true story word for word of what happened, and because of that I will never give them business ever again. Id also like to point out (again) the above post is not slanderous/libelous... the truth cannot be taken as defamatory comments.

Hey, I know which GTR you are talking about, I am actually there when your car being towed in, as I followed Ben, their head mechanic, to do the work experience, ben actually do a compression test and found compression low in all cylinders(as ben show me how to do a compression test), and he rang you to seek authorisation to strip the engine to check it further before he do anything, and I believed he has your authorisation before he start stripping the engine, as he work on it after rang you. Anyway, base on the compression test, all cylinders are low in pressure, if ben not strip the engine, how he can work out what happen to your motor? may be my knowledge is not good enough to see an alternative way to found out the engine problem, and I really can't see how a stuffed gearbox can caused low compression? and have a good engine rebuilt anyway because it has out?????

I just try to tell what I heard and what I seen, gave a diferent view of the story. and I am quite suprising , Ed stripped the engine without a compression test.

Ed' did an awsome job on installing my fuel pump and resolving the realted problems I was having as well.

I had my guards rolled on my GTS-T by UAS in Sydney, but I'd go with Ewens recomendation. I have seen his results.

Sweet...

Yea would be good to get that number...

Hey, I know which GTR you are talking about, I am actually there when your car being towed in, as I followed Ben, their head mechanic, to do the work experience, ben actually do a compression test and found compression low in all cylinders(as ben show me how to do a compression test), and he rang you to seek authorisation to strip the engine to check it further before he do anything, and I believed he has your authorisation before he start stripping the engine, as he work on it after rang you. Anyway, base on the compression test, all cylinders are low in pressure, if ben not strip the engine, how he can work out what happen to your motor? may be my knowledge is not good enough to see an alternative way to found out the engine problem, and I really can't see how a stuffed gearbox can caused low compression? and have a good engine rebuilt anyway because it has out?????

I just try to tell what I heard and what I seen,  gave a diferent view of the story. and I am quite suprising , Ed stripped the engine without a compression test.

When did you do your work experiance? This happened back in 2003. After dropping the car off, I did -not- talk to anyone until I went in to pick up the car Monday. Ben nor anyone else from Evo ever rang me asking if it was ok to strip the engine.

As for low compression, this incident happened within a week of me buying the car, it had been compression tested at two places in that week showing even 160psi across the engine. There was -nothing- wrong with it at all.

A gearbox doesnt cause low compression, which is exactly my point, there was nothing wrong with the engine.

The car went to Ed's with a half stripped engine and I just told him to keep pulling it out trusting what Evo said, rather than put it back together and do another test.