SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

Hey guys, just adding to this thread, who knows of a good shop to take for brake upgrades/repairs? I'm thinking of upgrading the stagea to Brembo's or R34 rotors and calipers as the Stagea feels like it's running on excel brakes at the moment. Any advice appreciated

Do it yourself, its fairly easy, ive just done a biggish upgrade on my R32, only dramas i had with mine was a couple of seized bolts on the brake lines where i had to take the old rubber hoses off to fit the braided lines, so if you dont plan to change the lines it won t be too hard

As i'm sure many of you are aware, i will soon be the proud owner of an R33 Series II. I live in the Tuggeranong area and was wondering where i should go to get my car serviced, who is recommended and more importantly who to keep away from. I heard the mechanic at EVO motorsport is pretty good, does anyone here use him?

Thanks in advance.

Never ever take a car to Evo motorsports. I don't know a single person who has gone there and not been ripped off. Hell, I even know a kid who did work experience there, that they got to put the head on an S2000, he'd never touched a car in his life before that.

Personally I recomend Trojan Motorsport www.trojanmotorsport.com.au Trojan Motorsport , they have a few big R33's, and a couple of R32's and R34's coming out of there frequently. Both the boys John and John have either had or have Skylines themselves, and they're pretty much their bread and butter. Never heard anyone have a genuine complaint about them.

Dan.

yea i think the guy that owns trojan or one of the guys that works their has an account on here as he messaged me a while ago when i was looking for some wheels. Damn they had some hot skylines. a silver 33 with silver r34 gtr mags lowered mmmmmmm looked awesome

Never ever take a car to Evo motorsports. I don't know a single person who has gone there and not been ripped off. Hell, I even know a kid who did work experience there, that they got to put the head on an S2000, he'd never touched a car in his life before that.

Personally I recomend Trojan Motorsport www.trojanmotorsport.com.au Trojan Motorsport , they have a few big R33's, and a couple of R32's and R34's coming out of there frequently. Both the boys John and John have either had or have Skylines themselves, and they're pretty much their bread and butter. Never heard anyone have a genuine complaint about them.

Dan.

Thats who I only use to do stuff I cant on my car

My mate went to EVO the other day and he purchased a hybrid front mount kit and had it installed. He also brang along an AVCR and got them to install it and also to tune it up on the dyno. Total cost = $1700.00 and it took them about 7.5 hrs all up.

I need to get my AVCR installed and tuned up with my power fc. Anyone got a rough idea of what this should cost? Is Trojan or Integra good with tuning power fc's?

Also regarding EVO, has anybody actually HAD any experience with them?  

No-one seems to be saying why they are so bad and why we should avoid them.

I knew a guy who took his R34 GTT along to them, he had no complaints.

But i also knew of a guy with a Sil80 who took it to EVO to get some work done and they messed it up, he had to take it elsewhere to get the original work done again, and fix the things they'd stuffed up. Dunno what he had done to it though. Heard about it all through his sister.

Another Trojan warrior here! They know there stuff down there!

Yeah not to bad, thats where I got my car from.

As for tuning PFC's I would spend the extra money and take it to sydney. But trojan are great for everything they will get someone to tune it if you like.

All trojan do is work on imports so thats there bread and butter.

So it seems that EVO have been flamed in this thread by people that havent actually dealt with them.

I had them (EVO) install and tune my power fc a few months ago - not a problem. Cost was probably a bit high - $450 but we had issues with my plugs and they did a few runs on the Dyno before it was all good. Since then I have had a few knock issues so Im due for another tune. I think I'll give EVO another go.

Who else can recommend a power fc tuner in or around ACT?