SAU Community

Nitto Oil Pump, Oil Restritors Rb25

hi all,

before anyone says anything yes i have looked thur all oil control related topics and no i havnt seen anything that answers my questions...

i have bought a nitto oil pump and collar to run on my rb25det street driven r33

oil galleries have been widen in the block for faster return from head

my questions are...

engine builder has inform me that anything above 100psi will blow the oil filter off, or the O ring, now seeing as the nitto oil pump is rated at 120psi dual spring he sees this as a problem, i have mention removing the inner spring to bring the psi down to 75psi he said this is not good?

anyone that currently has a nitto pump on the rb25 have you left it at 120psi with no issues?

also do yous have a remote oil filter?

secondly

oil restritors

he doesnt seem to wanna fit oil restritors to the block with the nitto pump coz of noisey lifters he has said he will fit them if its what i want but if it has noisey lifters its my own fault which is true

i have spoken to andrew at nitto in regards to what oil restritors i should use and he doesnt wanna give me a answer coz if something happens he doesnt wanna be blamed.. which is fair enough

have also spoken to croydon racing he has let me know what size restritors they use on the rb25 with nitto pump

and they have nothing but great news with nitto pumps and with them been on there gtr's with over 1000hp

if anyone can clear up these issues that will be great thanks

To me it sounds like you are using the wrong engine builder, or someone that knows nothing about the issues RB's have in that department.

Restrictions are mandatory with a larger pump, oil filter will not blow off either.

Bit surprised a company, making a product well above spec, won't give you advise though given they would've tested the product and know the issues their product would create (on a stock motor).

ill clear a fair things up

engine builder has some insights of building rb's but hasnt used a high flow pump i believe in saying that he has done all the oil mods in the block for the oil to get down quicker.... but yeh somethings dont add up and i question why on some parts

like blowing oil filter off and not putting oil restritors in with high flow pump,

also my motor isnt stock

je pistons

nitto rods

arp head and mains

256 cams

8.5litre sump baffled, gated, extended pickup

yeah thats why i rang nitto for some advise seeing they would of trail and error the pumps, but andrew has told me that what oil size restritor is really up to the engine builder :/ but if i work out the oil restritor and a head drain it be a great setup,

rang crd which help devople the nitto pump with nitto and they have helped me out with the size oil restritor they have used, thanks for that guys

Hi Guys. Oil restrictor sizing can be a touchy topic for us to recommend on when there will always be many factors about the engine and it's usage that we don't know about.

Whilst we will always do our best to talk to those using our products and try and get an idea about their build and usage, it should typically be up to the engine builder to determine the correct type of oil restriction to the cylinder head as so many factors like usage, bearing clearances, rpm ceiling, cylinder head setup, sump setup, oil viscosity and more ultimately make this decision.

We have been talking to Michael about his setup and build to help offer as best solution as we can see fit but as we have not built the engine it is a hard call. The original Sydneykid guide is a good start but every engine is different as I'm sure you can all appreciate. What works for one will not always work for another and considering a lot of shops these days that leave engine assembley to others without discussing the actual usage of the engine, the information we need is sometimes hard to get or at least questionable.

PS: R31Nismoid - In our defence I'm not sure what other oil pump manufacturer would even reply to an email / take a phone call about these types of questions??

Nitto has been great with helping out and taking the time out to have a chat and talk about everything they possible know and to give the best advise they can without building the motor them selfs, I appreciate the help nitto has given thanks guys

There is so many factors with running a high volume pump different ways to set them up, nitto pump on gtr there is heaps of info for but for a rb25 I'm struggling to find some, so I guess it's gonna be a trail and error for this build

Cheers man, builder is going with block one and 1x1.5

So running the nitto pump at 120psi will be ok? Not sure if that's at full noise or cold start, nitto site just says crack off pressure

Way excessive. 65-80 psi hot is ample for your application. 120 is more than needed, will add excess oil to head, not to mention potentially damaging things, remember anything under high pressure is abrasive...

Way excessive. 65-80 psi hot is ample for your application. 120 is more than needed, will add excess oil to head, not to mention potentially damaging things, remember anything under high pressure is abrasive...

Nitto web site says you can remove the inner spring which will give a 75psi crack off pressure

Do you reckon that would be the go?

But nitto do not recommend to do it :/

hi all,

before anyone says anything yes i have looked thur all oil control related topics and no i havnt seen anything that answers my questions...

i have bought a nitto oil pump and collar to run on my rb25det street driven r33

oil galleries have been widen in the block for faster return from head

my questions are...

engine builder has inform me that anything above 100psi will blow the oil filter off, or the O ring, now seeing as the nitto oil pump is rated at 120psi dual spring he sees this as a problem, i have mention removing the inner spring to bring the psi down to 75psi he said this is not good?

anyone that currently has a nitto pump on the rb25 have you left it at 120psi with no issues?

also do yous have a remote oil filter?

secondly

oil restritors

he doesnt seem to wanna fit oil restritors to the block with the nitto pump coz of noisey lifters he has said he will fit them if its what i want but if it has noisey lifters its my own fault which is true

i have spoken to andrew at nitto in regards to what oil restritors i should use and he doesnt wanna give me a answer coz if something happens he doesnt wanna be blamed.. which is fair enough

have also spoken to croydon racing he has let me know what size restritors they use on the rb25 with nitto pump

and they have nothing but great news with nitto pumps and with them been on there gtr's with over 1000hp

if anyone can clear up these issues that will be great thanks

Hi i have a nitto pump in my rb25 with crank coller i removed the inner spring in the pump because i thought the extra pressure would give me oil problems I was advised to restrict the oil to the head which led to lifter and cam failure I removed the restrictor and used the standard restrictors with new hyd lifters and new cams and 5000kms later have had no problems and allways have good oil pressure i also add an extra 500mls of oil at oil changes.

Specify what size restrictor you used? Did you use to small a restrictor for the wrong application etc.

At the moment I'm wondering why it is advised to block the centre oil feed instead of the rear when upgrading pump as the forces during accelration it seems would keep oil at the back of the head. Unless I'm missing where the oil feeds in around the head

Might need to go have a look at where all the oil goes :)

Specify what size restrictor you used? Did you use to small a restrictor for the wrong application etc.

At the moment I'm wondering why it is advised to block the centre oil feed instead of the rear when upgrading pump as the forces during accelration it seems would keep oil at the back of the head. Unless I'm missing where the oil feeds in around the head

How is yours going for oil pressure with the inner removed?

My engine builder has removed the inner spring and added a shim...

My restritors are block centre, 1.5mm rear I believe!! The car is just a street daily driver will see street pulls and boost here and there

So you have a nitto pump and have left the standard restritors in?

And not having any oiling problems?

I was gonna get a 9l sump made up as I was even told that in one case a guy had a nitto pump on standard sump and empty the sump in 40secs at full throttle... Was also told 6.5l wouldn't be enough :/

The oil that would run to the back of the head would be the oil thats passed the lifters/cam journals and is running back down, the pressure side of the galleries would be changed minimally with G's