SAU Community

The Wasteland 2013 Edition

heslo

Pulled up in the Ralliart next to a 91 lancer tonight at the lights after it had pushed and swerved it's way through traffic like a dick...

It had the Panther body kit and stickers all over the back saying 'got boost' 'Speed machine' plus others...

The young P platers gave me a look and revved their stock N/A chatter box...

I just started to laugh at them and kept repeating as I was laughing... 'Got boost, no seriously do you have boost'

They did not seem pleased lol ;)

Has anyone used Project MU handbrake shoes? If so can you please pm me your experience with them and how do you rate them. Also can anyone tell me what other upgrade shoes are out there???

Thanks

Good to see nissan in v8 stupid cars

But its So restricted to match up to ferd and sloden and not even close to a street car

Even holden and ford run old crap for engines not the newer blocks and heads

Give me gt1,2,3 cars instead like England runs

Or play the game like old days , run what you bring and they put you in a class with pretty open rules till they cant beat you , then they ban you from the class like poor losers

Nascars even worse , big babies cant race in rain or on tracks with a few holes or dips , rarely a twisty track either

Good to see nissan in v8 stupid cars

But its So restricted to match up to ferd and sloden and not even close to a street car

Even holden and ford run old crap for engines not the newer blocks and heads

Give me gt1,2,3 cars instead like England runs

Or play the game like old days , run what you bring and they put you in a class with pretty open rules till they cant beat you , then they ban you from the class like poor losers

Nascars even worse , big babies cant race in rain or on tracks with a few holes or dips , rarely a twisty track either

No such thing as a GT1 Nissan these days series died out as too expensive, GT2 never made, GT3 were too unreliable and liked to sit back and BBQ each race.

New Spec GT3 car for 2013 hopefully Nissan stop acting like spoilt princesses and actually make and sell them... limited to 10 cars what a F'ing joke Nissan your not a fancy rare supercar you pride yourself on the GTR being the affordable hypercar so why make the race version a) sooo expensive ( one of the most expensive GT3 cars) and b) so rare and hard to buy?

also the all GT versions ( GT500, GT1 & GT3) are NOTHING like the street car... I would say about as far away from the street car as V8's are ( well maybe not quite that far)

Oh well Rant over, will enjoy seeing the GTR will be schooled by the Bentley GT3 when it starts competing at the end of the year, not that I am biased ;)

The gt classes are from older days in usa as well not just Europe

They had mental cars , mostly privateers

with little factory backing

wasnt the gtr in england in gt1 ? Sumo car ?!

Edited by Carbon 34

Just replaced the window motor in my V35, was a b**ch to get it working right (wouldn't go up) - turns out i moved the window so it wouldn't move up properly haha, derr.
worked perfectly now once i figured it out :D

Edited by Murry33

Just do the $5 fix (actually about $12 here) - fit an off-the-shelf central locking solenoid to replace the factory one. I did this last year & it works fine, and is much quicker & cheaper than the Nissan solenoid. I bought the solenoid from Jaycar.

But from what I have read from multiple people, if/when the aftermarket solenoid setup fails then you have NO access to your car. Period. Since you have to unhook the stock stuff, if the aftermarket connectors to the stock linkage come loose (and they always do after a period of time in aftermarket kits), then your car is locked shut fairly permanently - as you can't even open the door from inside the car if you climb through the boot. And you can't access it to fix it without opening the door. Go have a read on G35driver.com - there are dozens of horror stories.

Plus, I use my car for work, so an average day it gets locked/unlocked say 50 times - so the usage/wear and tear on it is significantly higher than a normal car.

For the sake of a couple hundred dollars then it will work perfectly for the rest of the life of the car (the newer units are redesigned internally and do not fail like the oem ones did) it is not worth the headache of ever having to fliddle with again imho.

But from what I have read from multiple people, if/when the aftermarket solenoid setup fails then you have NO access to your car. Period. Since you have to unhook the stock stuff, if the aftermarket connectors to the stock linkage come loose (and they always do after a period of time in aftermarket kits), then your car is locked shut fairly permanently - as you can't even open the door from inside the car if you climb through the boot. And you can't access it to fix it without opening the door. Go have a read on G35driver.com - there are dozens of horror stories.

Plus, I use my car for work, so an average day it gets locked/unlocked say 50 times - so the usage/wear and tear on it is significantly higher than a normal car.

For the sake of a couple hundred dollars then it will work perfectly for the rest of the life of the car (the newer units are redesigned internally and do not fail like the oem ones did) it is not worth the headache of ever having to fliddle with again imho.

Goddamned modern cars :P