SAU Community

Fatz Gtr Reliability Testing

Yeh, when I first went for a ride in a car with RPM modified Teins I went out the next week and bought some and sent them off to RPM. They are damn good things and suspect its all in the valving more than the spring rates.

Had to grab a second pair when I went GTR rear cradle and got the chance to do another set...largely the reason why my thing even as a rwd car cant blazed 2nd gear with 330rwkws...just traction and hooks up!

What sized rim are you running? Thought of throwing some Carrera Cup slicks at it?

Yeh, when I first went for a ride in a car with RPM modified Teins I went out the next week and bought some and sent them off to RPM. They are damn good things and suspect its all in the valving more than the spring rates.

Had to grab a second pair when I went GTR rear cradle and got the chance to do another set...largely the reason why my thing even as a rwd car cant blazed 2nd gear with 330rwkws...just traction and hooks up!

What sized rim are you running? Thought of throwing some Carrera Cup slicks at it?

yea they sell themselves these shocks

awesome!

run a 10.5 inch rim

i have thought about the slicks but have been too lazy to put some on

Come to my joint

Bring six pack

And you can have a look while I drink beer

Will do. How far is your place from WA?

Struggling to understand why the F/R rate differential. Should hook up with that soft a rear spring. Just worried youd never get on the gas because of the front rate?

Will do. How far is your place from WA?

Struggling to understand why the F/R rate differential. Should hook up with that soft a rear spring. Just worried youd never get on the gas because of the front rate?

Why the rear is a lot softer than the front? You need the car to squat to get the power down.

technical discussions can get jammed... if it works it work

1) install shock

2) thrash at track

epic bump control + 2 secoond faster on the first lap = happy fatz

fuel pump issues so i only completed 1 lap at full power = sad fatz

• Like 1

Why the rear is a lot softer than the front? You need the car to squat to get the power down.

No you dont. Not in a GTR on the track. Maybe for drags and maybe for rally style stuff where you cant carry all the corner speed that is available but not for the track. The thing that kills you is understeer, not lack of traction. A large F/R spring rate differential makes the car push.

ill ever get a alignment for the next track day and maybe adjusted slightly to take into account my 140kg girth

You've slimmed down?

New filters in still missing

Compression test showed 160,158, 150, 138, 135, 160

Ill try some new plugs and coils just to make sure then it's off to dvsjez to have the fuel pressure checked and protection added to the haltech

Might be time for the new motor

like everyone else in here i am planning on taking it off the road for a few years and doing a 10k rebuild

yea na ill just slap a good second hander in and be back on the road in 2 weeks

So this pos is now booked in to Jez to get some new engine love on the 18th

So hopefully it will be back with additional compression

New engine has som e cool shit

big sump

front lsd

hks 2530

port match manifolds

hks dump pipes

some cams

cam gears

nizmo plenum