SAU Community

So I've been to plazmaman. Apparently I have to shift the fuse box more to the guard.

So unbolt it, push it more to the left, redrill the hole then bolt it back in.

No where on their website does it say that shit needs to be moved....

Also the above piping, one is for the bov and the other is for the idle speed/control

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my headlights today from being cleaned and treated.

If you have a look at some of the front end picks of my car you would of seen how bad these were especially the drivers side.

I'm very happy with how these turned out

post-87530-14332268230474_thumb.jpg

post-87530-14332268307087_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So I've been to plazmaman. Apparently I have to shift the fuse box more to the guard.

So unbolt it, push it more to the left, redrill the hole then bolt it back in.

No where on their website does it say that shit needs to be moved....

Also the above piping, one is for the bov and the other is for the idle speed/control

Ah yeah i forgot to mention that! Mine is just a tech screw and cable tie lol

Lights look good on the car

Ran in to a small problem though, the bar doesnt fit with the new intercooler piping. Time for a bit of shaving

Just make sure you take a small bit at a time and do a good job of it... So many people hack them and just fk it all up!

Yeah that's the plan. We were discussing ways to do it Thursday night, keeping an even and clean look on both sides. I'll see how it turned out when I check on the car tonight after work

Hopefully once this is on and finish up the lines on the cold side, the rest of the gear should just fall in to place.

• 1 month later...

Question for anyone whos following my build.

Plugged in the new haltech platinum pro, turn on the reds and the aircon fan switches on. Turn the car off, take the key out and the fan stays on as well as the reds. Fuel pump switches off. Turbo timer is connected but not turned on.

Anyone else come across this before?

Thanks dude. I'm happy with how the bay has turned out so far, still very far from my end goal.

As for the vct, the module was playing up since my last tune and it was holding the car back in 3rd gear so it needed to be replaced anyways so my mechanic decided to replace it with cam gears. I trust his judgement so we'll see how it goes when it gets tuned.

Speaking of tune, it's getting dropped off in the next few days :D

Can't wait until I get to drive it again

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

O.......k a bit of an update.

The car went to the tuners last monday, the wednesday before that he came out to my mechanics house and put a base tune in.

It was running very rich and rough, as you would expect.

While at the tuner, it was having a problem with idling. Sometimes it would idle fine, other times it would drop below 900rpm then switch off.

Eventually that got sorted.

Last wednesday my mate was on the phone with the tuner and I received the news that the car wouldn't be ready for mondays track day.

I was gutted that she wasn't going to be ready but I couldn't do much about it.

Last night while hanging out at my mates he gives me the news that the car is having further problems.

It's making 12psi boost on idle, sounds like it has a 2 step set up and won't rev past 3k rpm.

Tyler (my tuner) has been on the phone with Haltech directly and Adam from JEM.

Both Haltech and Adam have logged in to my car to diagnose the problem but neither of them can work it out.

Adam even suggested to tow the car over to him to have a look personally.

Haltech have suggested to swap out the ECU, which is being organised.

I can't thank Tyler (PVS), Haltech and Adam (JEM) enough at the moment. The effort and focus they are putting in to get my car up and running is crazy. This is the reason these guys have such a good name.

• Like 1