SAU Community

Thanks Raj. Can't remember off the top of my head at the moment. I recently bought a daily so we decided to go a little heavier to handle any future upgrades.

I've hit a problem...... my turbo decided to die on me friday morning on the way home from work

First time I've driven the car in a week after going to the creek. Drove the car to work thursday night, no problems. On the way home, roughly 10mins from my house , went to shift in to third, no boost, no power and I could hear a whistling/whining noise

So I eventually got home, let the car cool down, came back out 15mins later and kicked it over

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154262357330717

Engine switched off

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154262395460717

So I had it towed to my mechanics friday night and the plan is to pull the turbo out and send it to GCG and have them open it up and see whats wrong

Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg to rebuild it

While the turbo is away we'll throw the clutch in, do a service, timing belt and maybe upgrade the oil pump while we are in there.

Mat and Tim blow gearboxes, I blow turbos :P

• Like 1

So I'm in 2 minds at the moment as to what to do with the car

1. Rebuild the GTRS. Reasoning behind this is to attend the 32GTR 25th anniversary day/cruise and the SAU trackday later this year. Also put the new clutch in while the turbo is getting rebuilt so I can run it in.

Once these 2 events are over, take the 34 off the road

2. Pull the 34 off the road now, rip the motor out and start the build. Haltech PS2000 ECU, cams, cam gears, upgrade the oil pump, injectors, 6boost, HTA3076r + a few other things

I'm more leaning with option 1 as I'm hanging for these 2 events and there's no way I'll have the motor finished by mid August.

Bloody cars, always break at the worst times

• 3 weeks later...

Nice car mate, see it heaps around my area :) I recognise the plates

Get rid of the HKS filter, they don't seal properly, I had them on my 32 when I first got it and had dust in the I take tract :(

That sux what happened to the turbo, have you got a quote yet from GCG to repair it ?

Have a look at the Kando TD05H-18or20G as a cheap quick replacement if GCG want to much