SAU Community

I see your point.

I need to have a proper sit down with my mechanic and have a good talk

I've just spent the first 2-3 hours of my shift reading your build thread...... again :)

Is your beast going to be at texi this weekend? I wouldn't mind having a chat with you about your build (also need a guinea pig for some gopro vids :P)

Ill have a chat to you and show you over the car if you like ;) It will be at Texi but plumbed back and gate pressure, its not really setup to do that sort of event and it will be my first time......... errr........... again! lolz

Its amazing what the standard NEO can handle!

I might look at buying another NEO (preferably with less k's) and slowly add the parts then drop it in.

I want to do a wire tuck as well to keep the bay nice and clean. This also gives me the chance to paint the covers

Since the 34 is my daily I want to reduce the amount of down time with the car as possible

I just had a read of the write up you did on the FP HTA turbo's, they sound like a very good option.

The GTRS at the moment is pretty good but it will eventually reach it's limits. Insight said they had one on a SR20 running E85 and pushed it to 280-290kwatw

I really don't want to push the HKS any further than 80%, maybe 90% capacity

I haven't considered a high mount option but may now looking at the HTA's

I just had a read of the write up you did on the FP HTA turbo's, they sound like a very good option.

The GTRS at the moment is pretty good but it will eventually reach it's limits. Insight said they had one on a SR20 running E85 and pushed it to 280-290kwatw

I really don't want to push the HKS any further than 80%, maybe 90% capacity

I haven't considered a high mount option but may now looking at the HTA's

It's a decision that I think is one if the best on my build so far, the whole car has transformed and I love it!!! You should look at a HTA3073 and have the potential for 350-360kw but super response too!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So my seats arrived on tuesday but since I was in Melbourne for 3 days they are still sitting in their boxes

Hopefully I'll find some time over the next few days to install these (once I recover and try to drain all alcohol content from my system)

5aDiNe9.jpgHnVWWoy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They look a lot more subtle and understated than the ones that say bride over and over up the centre. I thought these only came in black and red but yours look sort of grey. Or is that what the black looks like? either way, great colour.

My opinion is to stick with the stock NEO and bolt ons, do the AFM and tune it up.... I've been running over 350kw on my stock engine for 7000km no prob, it's even seen 28psi on the stock headgasket... The NEO is the way to go, spend the money on the right combo of bolt ons and enjoy.... Everytime i see someone go down the 26 or 30 path with a 34 I just scratch my head and wonder why.... I'm running huge power now and have spent the money on the bolt on parts, if the engine lets go, $1200 and go again!! I could kill 10 engines to your 1 for the same price....

Have you been in an RB30 though? Ohhhhhhh the torque... Completely different animal.

Thanks guys

They look a lot more subtle and understated than the ones that say bride over and over up the centre. I thought these only came in black and red but yours look sort of grey. Or is that what the black looks like? either way, great colour.

Yeh these are the black ones, the photo makes them look like a dark grey for some reason

Wow great seats, good price too. How much was the shipping on them? Straight bolt on?

I think it was around 500-600 for shipping. The whole lot ended costing me ~$2300, then $400 for customs when they landed.

Yeh straight bolt on. Bolt the rails together, attach the seat belt then bolt the rails to the seats.

Just make sure you hook the seat belt wire back up, I forgot to do this and had to unbolt the seat again lol

This. Plus which type rails did you go with?

I went the MO rails, I think there's 3 different rails you can get for the ER34.

Have you been in an RB30 though? Ohhhhhhh the torque... Completely different animal.

I might eventually go a 30 bottom end, but thats way way down the track

• 5 weeks later...

Not a big upgrade but I bought a set of bonnet dampers from a recent group buy and put them in on saturday, they look awesome

7JcA1Vh.jpgQeUUoYU.jpg

wFcICN9.jpg

I've been hitting up Eastern Creek every wednesday I can recently and enjoying what the car can do.

I'm happy with how I've improved in the 3 nights I've gone down there, from a 15.1 down to a 13.9 so I'm stoked.

Still have a lot to learn though but I'm loving it.

Haha this is detailed as Adz, I should start on a build thread once I start building the car again. I am the mate as described above. I can confirm that the Nismo kit is an amazing piece of kit.

• 4 months later...

Awesome build mate, I've been reading about the GTRS and it seems like a good turbo

Thanks Jake. I'm very happy with the GTRS at the moment, even though it's not getting pushed to it's full potential. I'm looking forward to see what it's capable of once I fixed up the AFM, VCT and injector issue

Things have been slow on the upgrade front recently.

I've have decided to change my exhaust though, the HPI dump and HKS exhaust isn't giving me what I wanted out of the car.

I've got a brand new X-Force system at my mechanic house waiting to go in this wednesday. Stainless steel from the dump to and including the cat and mild steel from cat back