SAU Community

Rb 25 Turbo Choices

Interesting reading. The HKS 2835 seems to be oh so similar to the GT3071. Mine has the .82 housing and non-cropped exhaust wheel. Response is a little slower than the old GCG hi-flow but the midrange is just brilliant. In reality though, boost is instant if you are over 3,000rpm. If you are under 2,700 it will take a quarter of a second to build boost. Fuel economy is very good at 420-450 around town and 550 on a trip.

On off transitions are instant as I said, above 3,000rpm. Anybody who does sporty type driving under 3,000rpm is clearly a lover of Barby dolls and wears high heels around the house when nobody is looking. The only down side to it is it loses puff (at least on the dyno) after 5,500rpm. In reality though you can't feel it. It just seems to keep pulling. Hard to describe but for instance, 2nd gear in traffic and crawling along at 2,300rpm. Dickhead in front of you is crawling along at 40kph. You stand on it and within half a second your smoking the rears then sideways in 3rd. Yeah, I guess that's the best way to describe it.

Interesting reading. The HKS 2835 seems to be oh so similar to the GT3071. Mine has the .82 housing and non-cropped exhaust wheel. Response is a little slower than the old GCG hi-flow but the midrange is just brilliant. In reality though, boost is instant if you are over 3,000rpm. If you are under 2,700 it will take a quarter of a second to build boost. Fuel economy is very good at 420-450 around town and 550 on a trip.

On off transitions are instant as I said, above 3,000rpm. Anybody who does sporty type driving under 3,000rpm is clearly a lover of Barby dolls and wears high heels around the house when nobody is looking. The only down side to it is it loses puff (at least on the dyno) after 5,500rpm. In reality though you can't feel it. It just seems to keep pulling. Hard to describe but for instance, 2nd gear in traffic and crawling along at 2,300rpm. Dickhead in front of you is crawling along at 40kph. You stand on it and within half a second your smoking the rears then sideways in 3rd. Yeah, I guess that's the best way to describe it.

lol the 2835 IS a 3071 but modified by HKS

has a custom rear housing (.68) and some form of sorcery to prevent it surging.

That HKS 2835 looks like an awesome turbo, hoping my TS 3076 can come close to that level of response, interesting times ahead :rolleyes:

Edited by AngryRBGTX

That HKS 2835 looks like an awesome turbo, hoping my TS 3076 can come close to that level of response, interesting times ahead :rolleyes:

screw the response , it'll smash it :D

2835 is just the best if you wish to retain the stock manifold...once you go aftermarket manifold its a whole new ball game

screw the response , it'll smash it :D

2835 is just the best if you wish to retain the stock manifold...once you go aftermarket manifold its a whole new ball game

And Mark has one sexy manifold :woot: I think the TS 3037 will be epic... Whistle

im not going to get excited yet until the dyno runs, but coming along nicely, I ported the mouth of the housing out :ph34r: so its looking really good and will try starting the car in the morning

That's a spectacular result there Stao. That's must hit bloody hard and hold you pinned all the way to 7000rpm. :) what a turbo.

How would it go if you introduced a twin scroll rear to it Stao???????

It drives really good on road. starts with a stock turbo sort of down low pull and goes harder and harder as engine revs out.

Should be able to adapt the VNT mechanism to twin scroll housings. the 431rwkws ATR45 is the one i'll be really interested to do up next. it will be good to have full boost before 4000rpms and pumping over 450rwkws.

This particular one is very expansive and timing consuming to produce. I will need to find a way to manufacturing those in a much faster and cheaper manner.

Nothing really wrong with a 2.5" outlet. It's approx the same size as the turbine's exducer. It's only about 1" deep (or maybe a bit less), so it's not going to cause a lot of backpressure. What you have to do is have your dump pipe cone out from the 2.5" diameter up to the biggest diameter you can (3 or 3.5" assuming that's the dump pipe size you're going to have) over a nice long distance (so the cone angle is as shallow as you can get it - 7° would be nice but in practice it is not usually possible to get anything like that shallow a cone in any real car).

It would probably be a bit nicer if the housing itself had a conical expansion from the 2.5" exducer size up to say 2.75" (or maybe even 3") so that you could start at that size and cone out to an even bigger size in the dump......but it would appear that they were aiming to keep things as compact as possible, so people can fit these things into shitty transverse engine installations and WRXs.

In a stock weighted GTST R33/4 I don't really believe you can actually do 10s or low 11s with a 3076's, T67 or SLSS2 or what ever in that power range.

Mate did an easy 11.5 @ 127mph with a crap launch in a stock weight R34 Gt-t with a 3076R

Mate did an easy 11.5 @ 127mph with a crap launch in a stock weight R34 Gt-t with a 3076R

a T67 should be able to crack a 10 in an R33 IMO. Your R32 did 11 flat at 133MPH right? its all in the launch. Friends full weight Z32 ran 11.36 @ 123MPH at 450 odd rwhp. An R33 is lighter and with a tad more power should be capable of doing it.