SAU Community

Car Insurance

gleeson

my quote is 3.5 years old but still with NRMA, $1600/year for $26,000 agreed value. was 24 at the time and in western Sydney.

Still the same policy though!!!

Is it still valued the same? I know they lowered my value this year. Been considering a move.

yep they cant lower it without consulting me

Actually they can just when they send out the policy each year. They don't highlight it they just write it in the policy.

Worth a double check anyways

my quote is 3.5 years old but still with NRMA, $1600/year for $26,000 agreed value. was 24 at the time and in western Sydney.

Still the same policy though!!!

Holy sheet!

Is it made of gold? :P

Just gave Shannon"s a call and got insurance for $977 with agreed value of $20,000...........................anyone got a match?

Well done Dave!! Might have to ring them and see if they can match it. Haha.

I'm with NRMA and my policy is up for renewal. I'm looking at other insurers as NRMA charge me $1500 or so with $16k agreed value. Over 30 and live in the inner west.

I'll try Shannons as well.

• 5 months later...

Well I'm looking for insurance.

I'm currently with Just Car and they have basically raped me for the last 4 years...I haven't had 1 reduction in my insurance in 5 years (and that's after I called them when my insurance went from $120 per month to $186 per month) I'm currently paying $156 (total $1879 10.5k agreed value) per month (up from $136 per month) 32 years old rating 1 no accidents. I pay by the month at the moment because my insurance and registration was at the same time

I've already called Shannons and basically told me where to go....

My experience with Shannons was excellent at all times when I was paying them, but things went sharply downhill when I needed to claim (on 2 occasions), including a case I needed to take to the industry ombudsman after their admin error cost me a lot of money. Keep in mind that despite all the bullshit about being enthusiasts that they are just a brand of Suncorp these days and they act accordingly.

I am now with Lumleys who were about 20% cheaper for the same insurance. Haven't had to claim yet so who knows if they will be just as difficult.

I pay roughly $52 a month for 3rd party fire and theft through nrma. Coverage of up to 10g. The guy on the phone told me to take pictures of everything to prove its worth the money and everything will work in my favor.

Waiting for a phone call tomorrow because they haven't been adding in my ctp for a 10% reduction on both prices.

I don't see a point in spending thousands per year on full comp with a 20yr old car. Don't drive like a dickhead and watch the traffic and you should be fine. You can also pick up a full unreg stag for under 3g these days.

I'll check out lumleys Duncan. I've heard too many bad things about Shannon's.

Edited by Stagea97

It's not really about not driving like a dickhead, and watching the traffic. Full comp is best for when the doucher that isn't watching traffic or is driving like a dickhead runs up your ass so hard your car is close to written off and he gets out and goes "f@$k mate I got no insurance"

Then you're screwed without it. This happens heaps.

If you don't value your car enough to get it fair enough, I've never bothered going full comp with anything worth less than $10k.

• Like 1

Why would Shannons not cover you? They are by far the best option, but you need to prove you are an enthusiast.

I can't remember the reason now (it was a long time ago)...I must had a idiot on the phone....I think it was they won't insure my car for some unknown reason...but I may try again shortly