SAU Community

Track Pads

dan.1337

I'm looking for a new set of track pads to replace my DS2500s. The DS2500s were nice, but might get me through 2.5-3 track days.

I'm interested in anything similar that might last a bit longer or doesn't cost as much to replace every half handful of track days. Happy for them to be a track only pad and to be swapped out for any street/hill climb/deca stuff.

Have been looking at others like DS3000s, Hawk DTC-60, QFM A1RM. I know the DS3000 and DTC-60s aren't cheaper in many cases, but maybe they will last a bit longer.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Pagid RS19s are nothing like DS2500s though. Endless CCRG are race pads! The Club Racer are much bitier then DS2500s from what I could feel in the car I have driven with them (WRX so pretty boig variable there). All the suggested pads are damn good pads but bite, temp range and price all very different to DS2500s.

My guess again is if you like DS2500s then stay away from Hawk which generally have a lot more bitet then the more wooden DS2500s. QFM A1RM are a decent enough pad but like the RB74 and others I think you will find they wear just as fast, if not faster than DS2500s.

If you like the feel and lack of too much bite of the DS2500s then consider something like a Pagid RS4-2 pads. They are a nice pad that are not too bitey (for those without ABS) and last a life time...good on rotor wear as well

A1RM's are not recommended for pure track pads, have just got some Carbotech XP10's from the US but have not tried them yet.

I run them as such, and they are fine for me. Nil fade or overheats. Difference is its a 180sx that's stripped, and has 324mm front 297mm rear discs.

3 track days in on them, and I'd be comfortable doing another two before changing the front pads.

I run them as such, and they are fine for me. Nil fade or overheats. Difference is its a 180sx that's stripped, and has 324mm front 297mm rear discs.

3 track days in on them, and I'd be comfortable doing another two before changing the front pads.

I've used A1RM's too but they are not a race pad, same with the Lucas TRW pads now being used and which are going to be replaced with the XP10's.

• 1 year later...

Old thread bump.

Any updates guys?

Emo is getting low on pads, so looking for options.

Also, road/track day rotors.

Or should I look for a separate thread?

I has option for you ;)

Dba4000 work well and emo being 2piece should have replacement rings??

I has option for you ;)

Dba4000 work well and emo being 2piece should have replacement rings??

some retardo thought it was a great idea to swap for single piece rotors...... :(

(before I bought it)

• 1 year later...

Bit of a bump here, looking for experiences with various track only pads. My present Carbotech XP10's are bloody brilliant, great bite feel and modulation and stand the car on it's nose retardation, kind to rotors too. Only problem is that they wear quickly compared with a good street pad and have to be US sourced. Which is not as cost effective as it used to be.

So, any recommendations other than Hawks and Ferodos?

Bit of a bump here, looking for experiences with various track only pads. My present Carbotech XP10's are bloody brilliant, great bite feel and modulation and stand the car on it's nose retardation, kind to rotors too. Only problem is that they wear quickly compared with a good street pad and have to be US sourced. Which is not as cost effective as it used to be.

So, any recommendations other than Hawks and Ferodos?

Go to Race Brakes and get a set made up to your requirements

Intima SR pads - very good pads for sprints and track days. Excellent value, they are rated to 650 degrees and were kind to my DBA rotors.

I got around 4-5 events out of them. Car is an S13 Silvia, 1070kg and 230kw's@wheels.

I recently upgraded to the Type D pads which are rated to 850 degrees. After switching to E85 and retune up to 255kw's@wheels I was thinking I might be arriving at corners a little quicker now and thought I'd go the more aggressive pad.

The Type D pads were $200 for the front pair.

Will check out the Intima pads, has anyone tried the Project Mu Club Racer pads? They are available in stock locally.

The club racer had to much bite for me. So I've been using the hc800 since WTAC last year. They are lasting pretty well. Good progressive bite, but they do fade off on my 330mm rotor. Which is more disk heat related than pad I think.