SAU Community

R34 Gtr Bnr34 Private Meet And Greet

BOBBYr34

posting mobile number in a public forum after being made aware of the stupidity of posting private meet details in same said forum. Do i smell a troll? NSW pls confirm.

Challenge accepted

oJJzF7pp_original.jpg

4D+jX_M-_original.jpg

sVMTt5me_original.jpg

• Like 2

If the op is who I think it is it doesn't suprise, to me a Gtr is a Gtr I could go and buy what ever 34 I wanted but choose to drive a 32 as it's the only car I ever wanted as a kid when they were racing bathurst , I like that on the 32 's anniversary others were allowed just the photos were staged which is the way it should be, really any time enthusiast car owners can get together its a good thing as long as their well behaved, in hindsight this should have been sent out via pm not public post but it's the op's baby so he can do what he likes in the end but Terrey this is nothing but elitist not exclusive anybody can see that anyway as bird said enough said but stuff like this just pisses ppl off. As enthusiasts we choose our rides very carefully but doesn't make some better than others IMO.

Scott

• Like 1

So when the lowdown want to do a special photshoot for high performance R32 GTR's, are the same group of haters going to posting up crap in that thread as well?

Or how about an R33 GTR photoshoot?

Way to show support everyone ....

• Like 2

So when the lowdown want to do a special photshoot for high performance R32 GTR's, are the same group of haters going to posting up crap in that thread as well?

Or how about an R33 GTR photoshoot?

Way to show support everyone ....

if they want to do a GTR only photoshoot that's fine by me and I bet everyone else

What isn't fine by me or everyone else is to exclude non GTR owners from attending or spectating

• Like 1

I think we all accept that we aren't at the top of the automotive food chain with 34s, so to call it elitism is a bit of a stretch. Exclusive is right.

If someone wanted to do a lambo, commodore or sigma only event, that's their prerogative.

It's an "invite only" meet, and the invite is an 34 GTR. Bobby doesn't know everyone with a 34 GTR, hence the need to post the invitation on a public forum.

The last post I will make on this which I'm sure will be pleasing to most. Point taken on why it was posted here what's done is done, I would have done it differently but no point in going that . R34 Gtr is an amazing car and of course have a right to be in an "exclusive" photo shoot no doubt , and no body cares I'm sure. What's "elitist" is security guards asking spectators to leave. The way I see it the more ppl driving skylines in a club atmosphere the better and less yobos. However I would think such a special event may attract real people interested in r34 Gtr's and may also like to talk about the cars and see what can be done with these last of their breed machines as they become more affordable. Even if their own cars are in the old Kmart car park or bunnings as it's a 34 only shoot, by not owning one and not being allowed to witness this event is what makes it elitist . My 2 cents enough said.

if they want to do a GTR only photoshoot that's fine by me and I bet everyone else

What isn't fine by me or everyone else is to exclude non GTR owners from attending or spectating

sums it up perfectly.

What a load of crap Matt, the level of threads that bring out the trolls is what drives a lot of people away from SAU full stop.

It's not necessary. Those that don't like it, feel free to start your own cruise.

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• A euro that old, I'd change the bearings anyway. But definitely lift the wheel and give it a wobble.
    • You're onto something here... Maybe that's his plan all along, he's just pretending to leave it stock then nek minnit, LS Bogan MX5
    • He could just take the Bogan Cruise Ships setup... Already got a good setup, with blower, the auto was rebuilt too wasn't it? Perfect time for him to upgrade the tailshaft, diff, and axles...    And wouldn't need to waste money on redoing the Commos seats, as he could just buy race seats for the 5...   As a highly modded car he could avoid the ability to give it away to offspring too when they crash their cars...
    • It's really interesting how much it's moving left to right, and doesn't appear to be actually spreading. For this to be moving left to right, without flaring, means unequal forces being applied until equilibrium hits in one way or another.   Reasons it could be unequal; Piston sizes left to right are different sizes. Only minute differences. Pistons moving on different planes. That is, are they moving directly straight at each other, or slightly out of alignment. The fluid is restricted getting to one side.   Some tests you could do. Pull the bleeders on the left and right, fit each side with pressure gauges. It will allow you to make sure pressure is equal (and really, it should be as fluid flow is so damn low, so fluid flow dynamics shouldn't come into it).   With the calipers off the car, have both sides retracted as far as possible, measure very very accurately (think micrometre) distances between opposing pistons in four different spots per set of pistons. Firstly, on each opposing pistons pair, the measures on for different spots should be equal. If it's not, and especially if one spot appears to actually get closer compared to another, the pistons aren't aligned, and now the forces left to right won't be equal, as they're the forces fighting each other.   You can also pull all the pistons out, and very very accurately measure the diameter of them. If they're not equal left to ight in the pairings, and especially if the area of the pistons on one side is different to the area on the other overall, it'll all be out of whack.   My bet, is shit QC in making sure the pistons move in the same plane left vs right. Some minor out of square machining, and nothing will line up, things will want to move around.  
    • Whilst putting a V8 in a MX5 would be fun, it would negate the whole cheap to run fun daily that the MX5 will be used for If I wanted a faster little convertible I would have got a engine check light, I mean a BMW Z4 M, but going off the issues that the guy at work who recently got one is having, it is lucky I didn't  Meh, horses for courses, the Bogan Cruise Ship is my go to for some horse torques