SAU Community

Beware - R33 Gtr For Sale In Sydney (Part 2)

only has 91,000kms according to the auction sheet and they still gave it a hair cut and only has 73,000kms on it now

its not just a 20k odd haircut, notice the little * next to the kilometers, that means the car is a unverified mileage car so it could have 150k or even 200k who knows!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think any import has genuine KMs.. they all get haircuts HERE IN AUSTRALIA, not Japan however dealers say "I derno it was done in Japan" - dickheads.

I love how people straight away blame Japan for doing it, why would these honest people do it? Looking back at the tsunami, ATMs were smashed open, cash was flying around.. no one even looted then.

I'm sure my current R33 has about 300 000kms, the dash shows half of that.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Another dodgy R doing the rounds. I thought it's about time i get back into the GTR scene (previous R got stolen a few years back). I was looking for a stock or close to stockish GTR, which i could use as a good base for the boys at Racepace to work there magic on.

I found one in carsales which was within my budget, so before i got serious about the car i thought i'll get the auction sheet to check it's history:

Carsales link:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Skyline-1997/AGC-AD-16108565/?Cr=16&sdmvc=1

Auction sheet attacted.

So now, have signed up with Iron Chef and waiting for the next project to arrive...shall post up pics once i win the bid on a good one.

BCNR33041862-A.pdf

Lol they even peeled off the timing belt sticker and also the seats look worn as shit for a car with supposedly under 80000 km... Also love how the odometer lines up real well

Fuarking dealers - never can trust any of these monkeys

Lol...yeah, it was the pealed sticker in the engine bay that made me want to get the auction sheet.

Sad to see, these idiots still get away with stuff like this.

http://www.j-spec.com.au/info/Wound-back-mileage2

Pretty decent information. Makes me want to purchase cars directly from them. Good marketing tactic "we sell imports with genuine Ks" haha
Just make sure you have the certificate, history and import dates and it should give you a clearer indication.

I found that cars which are imported to australia closer to its manufacturer date "e.g. 2002 r34 GTR imported in 2005, is more likely to have genuine Ks, then one which was importer in 2012. Combine that with full service history every 5000ks + the date of service + Import certificate(including date), you should have some level of peace of mind. Especially when in private sales.

• 5 months later...

Well the car is advertised for sale on their website, they can't expect people not to look at it / discuss it:

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/1996-nissan-skyline-gtr-3250/

All their cars have the VIN displayed on the website, would be interesting to see what the rest of their stock is like.

V36 350GT with 33,804km:

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/2006-nissan-skyline-v36-350gt-premium-3193/

R32 GTR with 111,037km:

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/1994-nissan-skyline-r32-gt-r-3202/

Gotta laugh that less than 24 hours later - they've all been removed from the site.

If that is not an admission of outright guilt, who knows what is.

Take screen shots next time ;)

• Like 1

also obviously preying on the P platers

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/1998-nissan-skyline-r34-gt-t-3389/

98 34 GTT (180000km) ok higher ks yes
$12990

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/1998-nissan-skyline-r34-gt-3360/

98 34 GT (115000km )

$19000

even with the km difference thats a big price difference from a gtt - gt for the kiddies

The market drives the price though doesn't it. If silly kids realised they could buy a cheap car and wait untill their full licence then dealers wouldn't be able to give away non turbo skylines.

Looking cool costs heaps of cash

Kids.

Back in my day..

• Like 1