SAU Community

Finally A Gtr R34 Owner

Why only change the front diff oil? What about rear and transfer case?

Also, I have wanted that mines exhaust for a long time. How much did it cost? If I remember correctly it's not cheap

Yea we ran out of time. So will get to the rear diff and transfer case oil next time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lol why am I sceptical as to whether that r34 on the first page is the same as the one above?

Also, your claimed g35 picture is of a car in Toronto, Canada

Why should you be skeptical?

Yes, the G35 picture was taken in Toronto, Canada.

• 3 weeks later...

etang, fellow GTR owner from HK. Congrats on your purchase, I saw the ad on 28car and you got to it before I did! May I ask where are you getting your HKS Fcon tuned in HK? I'm running 2530s and the dyno map looks rather flat in the mid range. Grateful for thoughts from other forum members on whether this is a normal curve for 2530s. Thanks

GTRdynosheet_zps75417ae0.jpg

DSC_4585_zps16a95016.jpg

Edited by mtam22

etang, fellow GTR owner from HK. Congrats on your purchase, I saw the ad on 28car and you got to it before I did! May I ask where are you getting your HKS Fcon tuned in HK? I'm running 2530s and the dyno map looks rather flat in the mid range. Grateful for thoughts from other forum members on whether this is a normal curve for 2530s. Thanks

My HKS F-Con V-Pro was tuned at Jun but I'm going to ditch the HKS and use Haltech.

• 1 month later...

Finally figure out how to fit the new set of PIAA horns in!

Since it had the bigger Trust Intercooler in the way it took me awhile to find a clean easy way to do it!

post-112082-0-77795000-1412840256_thumb.jpg

Edited by etang789

• 1 year later...
It has been a while since I have updated this, since the last post I have done the following...

I have successfully converted from HKS F-Con V-Pro to Haltech Platinum PRO Plug-in for my 1999 GTR R34 V Spec. The details can be read here, http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/444310-converting-to-haltech-platinum-pro-plug-in/

Then to get ready for tuning I installed ASNU 750cc Injectors, OEM Fuel Rail, OEM Fuel Pressure Regulator, OEM BOV, Fluidampr , Tomei Adjustable Cam Gears , and fixed the leaking waterpump.

And during the downtime I also installed the white sidemarkers and front turn signals, painted the lower bumper to body color, as well as the removed the JUN wings and swapped back for OEM wing stands.

post-112082-0-97209800-1454869177_thumb.jpg

Edited by etang789
  • Like 1

Last week I have finally got to dyno tune my car and the result was pretty good.

It was done on Dynapack Dyno

468whp

414lb-ft

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/ngx_pagespeed_beacon','http://www.sau.com.au/forums/index.php?s=4e60b0d8160e580c0bec1830f453193b&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=443066&p=7679809&md5check=02e41fdaf099180a6bfd36efc11d9187&isRte=1,6YgIICLrb3,true,false,ve8htUpDj-A');</script>r34 2.jpg&&0){for(var>

How is it driving now compared to before the last tune ?

Love the colour and the pics of the car are great :)

How is it driving now compared to before the last tune ?

Love the colour and the pics of the car are great :)

The last tune on the HKS F-Con V-Pro was for the stock turbos, and previous owner upgraded to HKS GT-SS right before selling the car to me without tuning the car again.

After switching to Haltech the car is much smoother to drive than the HKS F-Con V-Pro even before proper tuning. After dyno tuning the car is much more solid and the power is wider and stays all the way up to redline.

This is my latest addition over the weekend after the dyno tune was GaugeArt for my Haltech ECU. It was fun the playing with this using R35 themed MFD background. It also makes it much easier to monitor the wideband sensors without addition gauges or laptop. But the problem is you cannot remove or reposition the Haltech Logo, I'm emailing GaugeArt about this already.

post-112082-0-21352400-1454920652_thumb.jpg

post-112082-0-92268100-1454920661_thumb.jpg

Edited by etang789
  • Like 4

More info on that Gauge Art setup?

How does that interface with the R34 MFD?

Can you switch between the Haltech display and the R34 MFD display?

There doesn't appear to be any text on those gauges to say what they are?

The gaugeART is pretty simple it gets data from my Haltech Platinum Pro and output as video. Then I just use the R34 MFD video input to display it, so I can switch between stock R34 MFD screen and gaugeART screen with the TV button on the MFD.

There weren't text on those gauges because I haven't got time to play with the font types. I will need some expert in Photoshops to get everything right.

• Like 1