SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

I was 22? Or maybe just 23 when I signed the r up no issues.

Maybe driving records come into it, maybe where you live, maybe the bloke was having a good day ?

Hard to say, my guess is, they have tightened up their requirements since your time?

Maybe letting you slip through was the last straw :nyaanyaa:

• Like 1

I still have never been booked for anything... mainly due to living in a smallish town. ( closest police station is over 20 km away.. )

It looks like they have tightened the requirements up heaps in the last year. Possibly the under 25 only applies now?

I think the person I got was a tad cranky at the time.

I still have never been booked for anything... mainly due to living in a smallish town. ( closest police station is over 20 km away.. )

It looks like they have tightened the requirements up heaps in the last year. Possibly the under 25 only applies now?

I think the person I got was a tad cranky at the time.

I just called them for you, there is no age limit on the owner, 18 and over, must have a garage and all of the other stipulations they want you to abide by. If you track your car , there is no coverage if you prang at the track. Driving to and from, no problem.

I would think there would be a negative response if you have a bad record, you say you are OK so no probs , I would try again and if you get the bloke I just spoke to , you will be OK, he was very helpful

Hope this helps . :action-smiley-069:

• Like 1

punishment for buying a Cube?

The only punishment for buying a cube is having to have the windscreen wipers on constantly to remove all the panties getting thrown at it.

• Like 6

So are mods an issue with there policy?

Not from what the bloke said, I also mentioned that there are not many of these Skylines without mods and he understood that. I would think if you prang your car and you were charged with reckless driving or similar, your policy is Null/ dumped in the bin.

When I did my other mods last year, I phoned and told a bloke and when I got my new policy it did not mention them , I guess you have a policy of $65k and you write it off , it is still only going to cost them , $65k regardless of extra mods you put on since the policy was taken out, unless you want to have the agreed value increased ???

I guess at the end of the day, if you drive within the rules of the road there should be no problem, this is regardless of the power your car has. You can walk into a showroom and drive out with some pretty fast cars and with insurance and most of them have turbos or big V8s, all of which you can drive like a DH or not !.

• Like 1

Eh, im glad.

Premiums went from $2100 a year to $450.

Agreed value almost doubled.

What do they agree is the current replacement value of a very clean r32 GTR, for the premium of $450 Edited by mr skidz

What do they agree is the current replacement value of a very clean r32 GTR, for the premium of $450

I had a quote back in November for $480 premium with a $30k agreed value, $750 excess (plus the age excess on top since I'm 24, I think it's $300). Ended up bumping the agreed value up to $35k for an extra $50. So interpolating that, you'd think about the $26-27k mark maybe.

Has anyone tried to raise their agreed value on renewal? I lowballed myself when i first signed up to ensured i would get covered, and now attempting to increased the value and keep getting denied by the lady on the phone.

Any tips?

Has anyone tried to raise their agreed value on renewal? I lowballed myself when i first signed up to ensured i would get covered, and now attempting to increased the value and keep getting denied by the lady on the phone.

Any tips?

Interesting. What is it valued at now and what are you trying to raise it to?

I'm going to raise the value of my 32R soon too. (currently at 30-35k - will need to double check my paperwork)

I am still trying to work out if they actually care to much about the mods in a $ term.

Insurance is like gambling and they have the table and the house wins or no company left. Maybe they have their own pricing structure for each car, model, year and have limit for them ???

Well i spoke too soon. I had a bit of luck. I managed to speak to a different lady this time. I got the agreed value raised from 50k to 67k for an extra $100 on my premium. My premium last year was $707, with the higher agreed value it is now $814

I am happy with the outcome

• Like 3

I am still trying to work out if they actually care to much about the mods in a $ term.

Insurance is like gambling and they have the table and the house wins or no company left. Maybe they have their own pricing structure for each car, model, year and have limit for them ???

I believe they do. Some of my agreed value increase was from the actually cost of the new wheels and tyres i put on the car.

I believe they do. Some of my agreed value increase was from the actually cost of the new wheels and tyres i put on the car.

They always seem to mention wheels in the mods, but I told them about motor, turbo, fuel upgrades etc and nothing on the policy?????

BUT I was not increasing the agreed value, this may have been the difference