SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Short story on what to put in R34 GTR box: I know people use a variety of synthetic atfs but upshot is both Nissan and Getrag say do not use anything but correct OEM fluid which is available from Toyota Dealers (and presumably from Nissan).

Quote:

Spoke to Getrag themselves and they insist on using Dexron II oil because these gearboxes were designed with bushing that do not suit modern synthetic oils.
I am now going to use Toyota T IV.

The long story is in the attachment...

the-great-v160-fluid-challenge-rev1.pdf

Short story on what to put in R34 GTR box: I know people use a variety of synthetic atfs but upshot is both Nissan and Getrag say do not use anything but correct OEM fluid which is available from Toyota Dealers (and presumably from Nissan).

Hi Bob, so Nissan have other oil products for modified cars to help soften the shock to the gears once you have extra torque/power . I think in the old days they stuffed bananas in diffs and boxes :woot: just to quieten them down a bit, well until the buyer was out of sight, lol

Cars were so much easier when I just bought the bloody thing and drove it, instead of this crazy modifying drug.

Just thinking, if needing grog and other drugs is called an "illness" and you can be treated at no cost, can I get some generic parts for my car on some sort of hand out program , because I am hooked ???

If not I will cop a few bottles of red on the cuff :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Awesome result Pete, good to see with a couple of changes and a tuner that took the time to find and fix the problems you got the power this thing should have been putting out from the start!

So many tuners don't even perform pre dyno checks like an intake pressure test for e.g.......

......I'll take your R34 box of ya cheap when you put the OS88 in ;)

Awesome result Pete, good to see with a couple of changes and a tuner that took the time to find and fix the problems you got the power this thing should have been putting out from the start!

So many tuners don't even perform pre dyno checks like an intake pressure test for e.g.......

......I'll take your R34 box of ya cheap when you put the OS88 in ;)

Yeah, he did a great job, looked at what could be holding it back and crossed them off and moved on . It is ready to pick up but I am tied up with my daughter's sport over the weekend.

The BOX, you might only have to run behind the car with a box and pick it up for free :yes: :yes:

Yeah, he did a great job, looked at what could be holding it back and crossed them off and moved on . It is ready to pick up but I am tied up with my daughter's sport over the weekend.

That's commitment. Are you still playing goal defence ?

• Like 1

It is retarded about 5 degrees already Micky.

5 degrees from where exactly, my guess would be CRD found correct 0 and that is 5 deg retard on the cam gear which would make sense of the inlet being 3 deg retarded also

5 degrees from where exactly, my guess would be CRD found correct 0 and that is 5 deg retard on the cam gear which would make sense of the inlet being 3 deg retarded also

That sounds like it could be right, he had to get 0 and that was in the retarded position, I think :yes::no::yes::no::yes::special: