SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Oooo I will be at Jez's Monday Pete, hopefully will see you there! I saw the Vcam ages ago but had to keep my mouth shut haha. Looks like you finally got the results you deserves right from the start! Shame you had to go through so much bullshit to get there.

Oooo I will be at Jez's Monday Pete, hopefully will see you there! I saw the Vcam ages ago but had to keep my mouth shut haha. Looks like you finally got the results you deserves right from the start! Shame you had to go through so much bullshit to get there.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're happy where it ended up, good to hear

How does Jez's workshop rate compare to the first shop that weren't able to put it together properly?

How can I answer this without the thread being closed ?

They failed to check the work before they rebuilt it, due diligence should always be the first rule with this type of work , if not there is a shit load to do to get it back together the way it should have been in the bloody first place :(

We can all make mistakes but then you fix them, no bullshit, find the problem and fix it not make a bullshit video saying the leak was in plain sight for 4 month but no one could find it.

This was a considerable expense to me, one that should not have happened and when a few things are sorted I will post the information and you blokes can see what you make of it?

• Like 1

Hi Josh, might see you there around lunch time I think, have to get a bus and a train to get there and Paul is getting me from the railway station, well if he does not get lost,lol.

You would also know what caused the leak and understand why I am so pissed off :(

People do you make mistakes. There's not a single human that hasn't made one.

But, it's the way those people try to avoid taking responsibility that shits me. They see it easier to lie then admit they were at fault as it's a hard pill to swallow and there's a lot of pride at stake and everyone is the world's best Engine Builder you know what I mean.

People do you make mistakes. There's not a single human that hasn't made one.

But, it's the way those people try to avoid taking responsibility that shits me. They see it easier to lie then admit they were at fault as it's a hard pill to swallow and there's a lot of pride at stake and everyone is the world's best Engine Builder you know what I mean.

I even made a mistake, but I will not tell you how many. lol

I am not sure pride should get in the way, I always found it easier to just focus on the problem and fix it instead of rooting around , wasting time and at the end of the day , still have to fix it. I think in this case, pay to have it fixed by someone else and that is just crazy from a business point of view :/

There is going to be some crap to come out of this and I guess it will take a long time to finalize it, but I have plenty of time on my hands and do not roll over for anyone!

• Like 1

I just posted this in MY coolant leak Thread but for those that missed it I will also post part of the final report regarding my water leak.

Please not I have given the original Builder months to reply to my emails and a month to reply to the report. 2 other were involved in this report and know the facts are true. I have not received a reply, so I guess I will have to take it further.

PART OF THE REPORT, the rest is where they were searching for the problem, this is what the problem was diagnosed as. I also have the Videos and some pictures as proof of the reort

VVVVVVVVVV

We next chose to remove the primary oil gallery bungs and use an inspection camera to confirm where the coolant
was leaking into the main oil gallery from.
At 15psi of cooling system pressure we saw the coolant leaking from the cylinder head oil feed gallery into the
primary oil gallery.
(See video “Leak 02”)
This confirmed that coolant was entering the cylinder head oil feed gallery.
Number 3 inlet side head stud was removed with the cooling system still pressurized.
This stud is next to the cylinder head oil feed oil and they share the same cut out in the head gasket.
This resulted in an extreme coolant leak from the head stud hole.
It was found that when the engine was originally built the head studs were upgraded to ½” items and the head stud
holes were drilled ~5mm deeper than standard causing a number of them to pass into the coolant jackets around
them.
(See video “Leak 03” and image “Stud hole 01”)
Head studs were sealed, engine was assembled and cooling system re-tested at 25 psi for 1 hour and no leaks
were found.
(See video “leak 04”)
We also found there were no locating dowels for the cylinder head and head gasket, the cylinder head and engine
block were drilled to accept new dowels.
The main bearing tunnel was not honed to suit the upgraded main studs fitted, as they were not tensioned to the
correct specifications set by the stud manufacturer.
Once tensioned correctly the main bearing was clearance 0.001” instead of 0.002”.
The main tunnel was resized and correct clearances were achieved.

Highly doubt that they will bother replying to your emails. In all honesty they probably don't care. They got your money.

They have their loyal customers that will just keep going back to them.

Like I said before I used to be a customer of theirs but after trying to massively over charge I went else where.

They will be your best friend up until they get your money and after that they couldn't care less

Highly doubt that they will bother replying to your emails. In all honesty they probably don't care. They got your money.

Like I said before I used to be a customer of theirs but after trying to massively over charge I went else where.

They will be your best friend up until they get your money and after that they couldn't care less

• Like 1

You do not really think it stops here do you, this is just the start!

I have Video proof they stuffed up and I will chase it until I get paid for the work needed to fix it back to where it should have been back in March last year

• Like 2

We know the read this thread though lol.

Sucks how some workshops just go down the drain.

I know they read this thread.

I guess my next step is NCAT and see what they can do, at least they have power and can make judgments and enforce them and it costs nothing, used them with Phil Lee and he shit! Then paid up,lol

If I get no joy from NCAT I will go legal

• Like 2

I know they read this thread.

I guess my next step is NCAT and see what they can do, at least they have power and can make judgments and enforce them and it costs nothing, used them with Phil Lee and he shit! Then paid up,lol

If I get no joy from NCAT I will go legal

The original builder of the engine should have taken responsibility, investigated and found the source of the leak at their cost. That would have been considered good business practice and every one involved could have remained somewhat happy. Its shit that this didn't happen.

The original builder of the engine should have taken responsibility, investigated and found the source of the leak at their cost. That would have been considered good business practice and every one involved could have remained somewhat happy. Its shit that this didn't happen.

Trouble was they never seemed to want to do anything, 3 times and the best I got was a stupid video with water pissing out of the top radiator hose. I told them after the video that it was still leaking in the "exact same way" no better no worse.

They said as far as they were concerned "it was Fixed" end of story and I have sent 3 emails plus the report and got NOTHING back, they leave you no choice but to do it the hard way. But when you see how much work went into finding the problem and fixing it, it cost me a shit load $$$$$$$$$$s :(

Well its pretty straight forward where to go from here.

1. Send a letter of demand containing a copy of the repair invoices and evidence discovered, a decided upon remuneration amount, and an accompanying date at which more serious legal action will commence by registered mail to the company.

(If your wound up about this, consider getting some help from a dispassionate friend, or going straight to the solicitor. Emotional demand letters get ignored)

and/or

2. Have initial discussions with a solicitor to discuss the course of action to engage court action. Potentially have the solicitor send the letter of demand (which shouldn't cost more than $1-1.5k), as solicitor letterhead tends to put the fear of god into SOME people.

3. Be prepared for them to completely ignore the demand letter, as this is not uncommon for arrogant people. In which case your probably in for a 6-12 month process. The solicitor should start court proceedings without delay.

4. Once the matter goes to court and if the summons is ignored again, the court will rule in your favour. The court will rule in your favour, and a notice to pay before a specific date will be sent.

5. Ignoring a court notice to pay opens up avenues to file for bankruptcy, or to apply for a warrant for seizure and sale of the oppositions property.

Its not a pleasant process to go through, but once started its like a freight train and wont be stopped unless you decide to pull the pin.

I recommend having a solicitor manage the whole process, as its a whole lot less stressful and in addition to this there will be no mistakes made.

• Like 4