SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Well its pretty straight forward where to go from here.

1. Send a letter of demand containing a copy of the repair invoices and evidence discovered, a decided upon remuneration amount, and an accompanying date at which more serious legal action will commence by registered mail to the company.

(If your wound up about this, consider getting some help from a dispassionate friend, or going straight to the solicitor. Emotional demand letters get ignored)

and/or

2. Have initial discussions with a solicitor to discuss the course of action to engage court action. Potentially have the solicitor send the letter of demand (which shouldn't cost more than $1-1.5k), as solicitor letterhead tends to put the fear of god into SOME people.

3. Be prepared for them to completely ignore the demand letter, as this is not uncommon for arrogant people. In which case your probably in for a 6-12 month process. The solicitor should start court proceedings without delay.

4. Once the matter goes to court and if the summons is ignored again, the court will rule in your favour. The court will rule in your favour, and a notice to pay before a specific date will be sent.

5. Ignoring a court notice to pay opens up avenues to file for bankruptcy, or to apply for a warrant for seizure and sale of the oppositions property.

Its not a pleasant process to go through, but once started its like a freight train and wont be stopped unless you decide to pull the pin.

I recommend having a solicitor manage the whole process, as its a whole lot less stressful and in addition to this there will be no mistakes made.

Thanks for that input :)

That is my second action if I cannot get the result I need from NCAT, they have powers that Consumers Affairs do not have

I have sent the builder the Report just on a month ago with no reply.

I am only waiting on the final invoices for the work carried out to repair the leak and I will send that to them in a registered letter of demand along with the original Report and Videos and state I would like a response within 7 or 14 days, whatever the norm is or action will be taken, I will also email all the info to them again as a back up.

But in the mean time I will fill out the forms for NCAT and be ready to get the ball rolling,

I have contacted the builder 3 times without a reply and it is obvious they do not intend to do so , maybe if they feel threatened by a higher power they will talk about it, but ??.

If this does not get the desired results, I will be doing as you suggested and I always was going to do that, but first will try the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, they are easy to deal with and very helpful, they also carry a large stick :spank:

With the service you have received, as well as being ignored whilst you extended them the opportunity to make it right... I'd be wielding the biggest stick I could find. There is a line that has been crossed in terms of respect.

Good luck Pete. and in the meantime enjoy your torque monster beast.

Pick her up in the morning and looking forward to it big time, it looks like it could be a ton of fun from the Dyno but as we know it is sort of a guide and until you get your arse in the seat and give it a run, Dynos mean shit :)

It has been shitty and a long time, just on a year exactly since I picked it up and I first told them about the leak 3 days later on the 16/3/15 , sent an email again on the 17th and nothing but smoke and mirrors ever since but tomorrow I will forget all of that crap when I turn the key and head home :)

Then a big polish day to get it back to full gloss, that should start the rain,lol

By the way, do you have trouble with the water coming out of the nozzle for the windscreen washer when you give it a run, bloody annoying on a black car :(

Smiling thinking about it :)

• Like 1

haha, already packed extra :)

Paul is coming for a run, so that will be fun :woot: going to slip him some Valium , lol

It is a crappy trip down to Gosford, bus then train, taking this laptop as the bus goes on a Cooks Tour to get to Newcastle

• Like 1

Just got home after driving this thing. Wow.

The idle sounds like a stock RB26 with a cat back. Smooth and quiet without any lump lump shenanigans going on.

From cold start, the V cam wont do it's spinny cam tricks until oil temp is up and it's most defiantly noticeable. Doodling around there is more than enough grunt. 1st, 3rd, 6th would be a walk in the park. Getting it up it a bit, anything over 3400 RPM and its roaring up the street. Being a 6 speed you could get away with changing at 5500 RPM and it would fall right back into its stride. The lag between gears is non existent. I think I took it to 7500 RPM once. Not needed but the powerband width is something I haven't experience in a GTR, not even close.

As a street/hillclimb car, the package is just brutal.

If you're not happy wiith that Pete, you'll need to buy a tractor. :nyaanyaa:

Time to work on the suspension mate. You need to ditch those original shocks from 1999!

• Like 3

Nice rap Paul, thanks

Thanks for the ride you NUT, loved it but forgot to slip you the Valium , I was stuck to the seat for 5 minutes after you stopped changed my undies when I got home, LOL

Had a nice run home, highway like an auto , no need to change gear and had a bit of fun on the twisty stuff and loved that it is still very linear and no surprises when you play, just gets going smoothly and quick :woot::woot::wub:

Now for the suspension, anyone know a good shop around the Mid North Coast. I will ask my bloke here if he knows anyone?

Damn that's a sweet dyno curve on the new setup, that crd one is ahtrociois. Wonder if piggaz would do a 3.2 now.

Hopefully my RIPS built engine with the Garret equivalent of 6466 would do just well.

Edited by s2d4

Damn that's a sweet dyno curve on the new setup, that crd one is ahtrociois. Wonder if piggaz would do a 3.2 now.

Hopefully my RIPS built engine with the Garret equivalent of 6466 would do just well.

I think Piggaz is going in a different direction , who knows with this bloke, but he enjoyed trying to smash my box and clutch yesterday :)

From what we spoke about when I picked my car up, my ID1300 injectors where at 93% and not a lot left in the turbo and for me that is fine. If I wanted more, bigger turbo and injectors .

But with a RIPS built motor, the pt6466 cea Gen2 and maybe ID2000 injectors it should be great and good for E85 if you do a flex tune.

I spoke to Rob just before I put my car in for the build, but had dropped it off to the shop just before I got RIPS quote.

I still do not know if I would have used RIPS, ONLY because the motor had to be taken out by someone, sent to them and sent back, WRONGLY I thought it would be too much trouble and take too long, silly me, lol

When I found that my car had not been touched for 5 weeks I asked the builder to put all the parts I bought in the boot and I would pick the car up within a week, 2 days later I had a photo from them, they had taken motor out of the car , then the work stopped again :/

I still think they built my motor pretty good and did a good job on the driveline, just F**ked up as shit happens but THEN put their heads in the sand and tried to BS their way out of the responsibility . When you spend this type of money you need someone that stands behind their work and just fixes any problems that were caused during the build :(

• Like 1

Nah mate. The 2.8 is staying put. If it ever dies I'll look at something bigger. I just want it back on the road. Slowly chipping away.

• Like 1

I think Piggaz is going in a different direction , who knows with this bloke, but he enjoyed trying to smash my box and clutch yesterday :)

From what we spoke about when I picked my car up, my ID1300 injectors where at 93% and not a lot left in the turbo and for me that is fine. If I wanted more, bigger turbo and injectors .

But with a RIPS built motor, the pt6466 cea Gen2 and maybe ID2000 injectors it should be great and good for E85 if you do a flex tune.

I spoke to Rob just before I put my car in for the build, but had dropped it off to the shop just before I got RIPS quote.

I still do not know if I would have used RIPS, ONLY because the motor had to be taken out by someone, sent to them and sent back, WRONGLY I thought it would be too much trouble and take too long, silly me, lol

When I found that my car had not been touched for 5 weeks I asked the builder to put all the parts I bought in the boot and I would pick the car up within a week, 2 days later I had a photo from them, they had taken motor out of the car , then the work stopped again :/

I still think they built my motor pretty good and did a good job on the driveline, just F**ked up as shit happens but THEN put their heads in the sand and tried to BS their way out of the responsibility . When you spend this type of money you need someone that stands behind their work and just fixes any problems that were caused during the build :(

Everything is good in hindsight, Pete. Atleast it's all back together now and not having the coolant fairies come at night!

Now its suspension time. If your shocks are stock (which they are) your 18 year old bushes would be flogged also. That "floating" under power is very unnerving. Hold the wheel straight and it's slowly drifting left and right on the road! Lol!

- All bushes replaced

- Rear sub frame "pineapples" or alloy collars. (I remember doing this like 7 years ago and it took one corner to realise what difference it made)

- A set of shocks. Maybe something like MCA "comforts". Don't be tempted by that "BC" garbage. Be better off putting train track sleepers in there.

- A decent alignment.

Everything is good in hindsight, Pete. Atleast it's all back together now and not having the coolant fairies come at night!

Now its suspension time. If your shocks are stock (which they are) your 18 year old bushes would be flogged also. That "floating" under power is very unnerving. Hold the wheel straight and it's slowly drifting left and right on the road! Lol!

- All bushes replaced

- Rear sub frame "pineapples" or alloy collars. (I remember doing this like 7 years ago and it took one corner to realise what difference it made)

- A set of shocks. Maybe something like MCA "comforts". Don't be tempted by that "BC" garbage. Be better off putting train track sleepers in there.

- A decent alignment.

Have a few beers and grow a spine, a little directional movement keeps you on your toes, haha

I will be talking the my bloke up here and see who he would suggest to do the suspension work, hopefully it will be someone in town, sick of traveling to get work done.

Found out why it was not starting straight away, the new Elite 2500 has a prime and tacho feature like on some newer cars, turn the key to ignition it primes, then it does a tacho sweep and then kick it over, only a couple of seconds, wasted, lol