SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

And that's why you v the cam

haha, you got it Pete

Should pick it up on Monday, busting to drive it back home and then the other crap starts with the old builder to sort out the leak problem that cost me heaps of $$$$s , plus had my car off the road for 7 months

haha, you got it Pete

Should pick it up on Monday, busting to drive it back home and then the other crap starts with the old builder to sort out the leak problem that cost me heaps of $$$$s , plus had my car off the road for 7 months

I cheated and had a look see when I was at the house of jez last time
  • Like 1

Definitely flattened out that bottom end nicely would be mad to drive.

Do you think the 14 kilowatts was lost in the lack of lift in the intake camshaft?

I'm assuming you had the same size lift intake and exhaust on the old Dyno run?

I had the UE 260 10.8 cams with a sharp ramp rate, left the exhaust cam in

I was playing around, lol It is now a V-Cam Step 2 , 262 x 8.7 intake cam and using the same UE exhaust cam 260 x 10.8

Lost a little up top due to the smaller intake cam, would love to be able to use the 260 10.8

After waiting for months to find and start fixing the water leak I had too much time on my hands and thought , since the motor is out and the car was going to be in the shop for a while, I had plenty of time to order the V-Cam and get all the bits ready to plug in when it was going back together.

All run in and just about ready to go, couple of days to tidy it up :)

Pink old setup

Red vcam on

Green vcam off

Once Jez finally got the motor back he just got stuck into it :yes: this bloke is tops :wub:

post-52098-0-18833500-1457692150_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Was 8.7mm lift the biggest lift you could use?

You can get the "Pro" kit which has a 264 @ 10.0 mm but the price jumps up by another 50% or so. It comes with an ECU (which you cant option out) that you pretty much throw in the bin.

Worth noting is the little difference in power when going from a huge lift intake cam to almost an oem std spec intake cam, despite the slightly longer duration.

I agree and there where lots of things I could have done to make more power up top, bigger turbo and injectors were needed if I wanted to do anything as they were close to maxed out before the V-Cam and if I used the Pro I would have had to change them to get the benefit of the 10mm lift, I will never know ?

Photo of it being finished off. I even had strife with rocker the covers , waited forever to get them powder coated and when they arrived they were dinged :(

The Step Pro gives you more up top I think with the higher lift but only gives 300rpm over the step 2. Both give you a variable amount of 50deg. I was only after a better bottom end I went for the Step 2 and a lot less expensive.

It was hard to find out anything about V- Cams , so I had to wing it, bite the bullet and do it.

Paul might be coming up here at Easter and he can give an independent assessment of how it goes, just have to stop him and Mick-o from smashing the box,lol

post-52098-0-97918000-1457723898_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good that you can finally drive it now after all this time[emoji106]

Cas is in the fully advanced position, was the ecu's timing locked and base timing set correctly prior to tune?

Edited by mr skidz

Good that you can finally drive it now after all this time[emoji106]

Cas is in fully advanced position, was the ecu's timing locked and base timing set correctly?

I bet my nuts it's set correctly.

Tuners do that so peanuts can't advance the timing by rotating the cas.

• Like 2

Oooo I will be at Jez's Monday Pete, hopefully will see you there! I saw the Vcam ages ago but had to keep my mouth shut haha. Looks like you finally got the results you deserves right from the start! Shame you had to go through so much bullshit to get there.

Oooo I will be at Jez's Monday Pete, hopefully will see you there! I saw the Vcam ages ago but had to keep my mouth shut haha. Looks like you finally got the results you deserves right from the start! Shame you had to go through so much bullshit to get there.