SAU Community

Is It Hard To Delete The Heater On An R32 Gtr

I have had coolant poor down from behind the engine somewhere and passing down onto the ground generally when the car gets to temperature. . Rather than replace heater hoses which i think is the issue. I want to delete the heater all together. Is it a big job?

Just join the two pipes going through the firewall into the heater core on the engine side. Pull of a hose and get something like a brass plumbing pipe from bunnings that matches perfectly and cut to size and clamp the two hoses that would otherwise run into the heater core together. Will solve your leaking issue if your heater core is in fact the problem. Getting the heater core out of the Dash is a much bigger job from the inside.

Edited by sonicz

I just want to delete the heater hoping that is the problem.. what else could it be? Btw I have checked inside the car drivers side and passenger no signs of coolant leaking inside.

Edited by boobeedoobee

If it's not leaking inside then the leak is in the engine bay somewhere. Try as sonic and Ben have already stated and if it's still leaking you will have to find the leak. No other way around it.

Generic 1m lengths of oil and water hose isn't expensive, and by the sounds of it they will need replacing regardless.

If it is leaking behind the engine then you really have NO CHOICE but to find the hose back there that has a hole in it and replace it. And of course, because all the other hoses back there are old and crusty, you should do them too.

Deleting the heater would be a counterproductive effort that would take the same amount of effort as just fixing the problem.

• Like 1

by the sounds of it you have a leaking hose which may or may not be a heater hose, I suggest finding which hose it is and replacing it.

If it was the heater core that was leaking the water would be inside the cabin

Ok thanks ill replace the leaking hose which your right might night be a heater hose. Just wondering though before I go and buy a heater hose kit..as I will be deleting the heater will this eliminate the need to replace the heater hoses?

Ben is there a way if getting around that after deleting the heater?

There are options, electric heater fan things for that very reason. I don't think j they actually work particularly well, but they satisfy the law.

I feel like in the time you've spent asking for ways aroung the way around, you could have just organised parts to fix the problem

I changed all my heater hoses with a Greddy copy plenum a few weeks back. Was a pain in the ass, but only took about 2 hours to replace all 4 heater hoses. Stop being lazy and fix the car rather than putting everything in the too hard basket.

Ok thanks heater delete it is.. save future leakage problems. Less hoses less trouble. I've never actually used the heater and never will. Wasn't trying to be lasy. Just needed to know what parts to organise depending on which way i went with it. Air con will go also

Google heater hose diagram rb26 and then decide on what you would like to do. Whether that may be replacing all hoses (I would do this) or cutting and blocking the heater hoses. It's one of the first things kids learn while driving around in beaters. Heat and plastic doesn't mix well after 10+ years.