SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

1 minute ago, t_revz said:

Lolz

What's the plan?

Well after buying the RX-8 I had $2 in the bank account before payday. Just paid rent and everything will be a little sad for the next fortnight I reckon haha

• Like 1

Well after buying the RX-8 I had $2 in the bank account before payday. Just paid rent and everything will be a little sad for the next fortnight I reckon haha

Tell me more about your RX-8 , missing out all the previous conversations :( how much you pay for it and mileage ? Year ? Dave had one before and sold it and now he's looking another one - typical Impulsive men

Awesome. Didn't think it could be started at airport. About $80 from airport to tokyo so I'd prob get a pass then Elle

Ok Trev , I'll get the rail pass before we go there . Thank You [emoji317]

56 minutes ago, ElleAli76 said:

Tell me more about your RX-8 , missing out all the previous conversations :( how much you pay for it and mileage ? Year ? Dave had one before and sold it and now he's looking another one - typical Impulsive men

2004-ish? 120,000 kms-ish?

Thanks Corey :) Heard about popular Shibuya area , and had a lil look and did little research about it. Don't mind the 30 mins on the train :) and I can use the same rail pass to go there ? One rail pass for all ?

15 minutes ago, ElleAli76 said:

Thanks Corey :) Heard about popular Shibuya area , and had a lil look and did little research about it. Don't mind the 30 mins on the train :) and I can use the same rail pass to go there ? One rail pass for all ?

You have to watch, the rail pass we used was for Japan Rail, one of the lines you had to switch to a different company but the ticket was only 300yen or so each

Pretty sure disney was all japan rail

• Like 1

Japan rail seems big and popular for everything ? Trev gave me the link to get a rail pass , I'll have a look on Saturday , plan and map out. [emoji3] Thanks Corey , so much to learn about Japan

Elle.  For parts just use Amayama, you will have to know the part numbers though it will end up much cheaper then get a workshop of your choice to do the work, downside can be parts warranty may not be covered if the workshop is not supplying it, so for things like brackets, hangers well amayama is the go, it's all a gamble but given the price difference, then the time spending yourself ordering parts.

Genuine vs Non genuine - I always prefer genuine as you know it's been tested on the car and made the way it was made to be, with aftermarket it's hit and miss you really need to see peoples experiences with aftermarket pads and rotors.  Brakes are one thing I would not cheap out on.
Unfortunately we get GTR Tax.   Genuine rotors for R33 GTR for example are like $1800 or something like that.

Aftermarket is good but chose known tried and tested brands, I'd go for something like a street pad as it will be more kinder to you.

But Elle forget all that, I want to see you tune that beast and raise the boost.

Edited by RB335
  • Like 2

Elle.  For parts just use Amayama, you will have to know the part numbers though it will end up much cheaper then get a workshop of your choice to do the work, downside can be parts warranty may not be covered if the workshop is not supplying it, so for things like brackets, hangers well amayama is the go, it's all a gamble but given the price difference, then the time spending yourself ordering parts.

Genuine vs Non genuine - I always prefer genuine as you know it's been tested on the car and made the way it was made to be, with aftermarket it's hit and miss you really need to see peoples experiences with aftermarket pads and rotors.  Brakes are one thing I would not cheap out on.
Unfortunately we get GTR Tax.   Genuine rotors for R33 GTR for example are like $1800 or something like that.

Aftermarket is good but chose known tried and tested brands, I'd go for something like a street pad as it will be more kinder to you.

But Elle forget all that, I want to see you tune that beast and raise the boost.

Thanks For the advise Boris :) I've asked Josh from Galvsport to suss it out for me [emoji13]

10 hours ago, ElleAli76 said:

When are you going to Canada ?

Won't be until next years christmas holidays i reckon. Wifey wants to start trying for kids pretty soon so that will slow things down

• Like 1