SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

When I told people my people my best mate was building the exhaust, most of them rolled their eyes. After I showed them the progress photos ive had a few of those people ask me to get a quote to build their exhausts 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, r32-25t said:

When I told people my people my best mate was building the exhaust, most of them rolled their eyes. After I showed them the progress photos ive had a few of those people ask me to get a quote to build their exhausts 

Superbly neat welds! 

I only wish I could weld that neatly, though that's the benefit of TIG, wayyyyyyy more control. 

I'm a MIG boy, Ha ha, and my own is nastily setup as flux core which is worse! ?

17 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

Superbly neat welds! 

I only wish I could weld that neatly, though that's the benefit of TIG, wayyyyyyy more control. 

I'm a MIG boy, Ha ha, and my own is nastily setup as flux core which is worse! ?

Yeah I can only use mig, but haven’t had much of chance to play with a tig maybe after a bit of practice I could actually do alright 

9 minutes ago, Robzilla32 said:

That looks like great work. A shame that most of it is hidden away. 4 inch or 3.5?

Yeah it is but the dump will be getting ceramic coated in clear so you will still be able to see it there. It’s a 4in 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, r32-25t said:

Yeah I can only use mig, but haven’t had much of chance to play with a tig maybe after a bit of practice I could actually do alright.

That's all it is mate, practice, practice, practice. I'm only as "good" as I am as I spent 40 hours a week on a MIG for 3 months straight. And by 40 hours, that's actual time on the MIG, not just at work. 

And I'm not a good welder, I'm okay, not great. I have some inconsistencies. :(

TIG, just lots of hours of practice and critique. 

I'd love to have a tig to actually do some alu work, but no money to buy a decent tig setup. 

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Fuuark, you're young inside. I've plumbed mine back lol.. but after the cat.

Should be good seeing your face once you open up your single #twinsaregay 

I don’t have a cat to plumb them in after 

58 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Dumb q coming from me, how quiet is it compared to say HKS silent Hi-power? 

It’s hard to say, it’s been a long time since I heard a hks exhaust. Its a lot quieter then my old 3.5in exhaust and easily quieter then most jasma exhausts 

• Like 1