SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

A while ago I was googling to find the biggest/best quality CRT commercially available. and its like this 30" or something 4:3 behemoth. tables needing extra support to hold it up etc since it weighed in at like 40+kgs
Obviously older people and collectors wanted them so they fetched about $600 but no one ever wanted to cough up for postage (why are PC nerds usually poor? lack of career drive from disinterest in work? poor social skills to leave good impressions? poor body odour?)

My mother had two 21" Sony trinitron crt screens with for the time a massive 1600x1200 resolution. There was some serious weight on that desk.

I had a Sun 21 inch display for a couple years, never noticed till I got rid of it but the computer desk had bowed.

now no PC just use my win10 tablet for home and laptop for work.

Turnbull hasn't ruled out allowing first home buyers access to their super for a house deposit...

Is this real life?

Would be fking awesome, though I see a lot of people who can't pay mortgages securing loans...

1 hour ago, TiTAN said:

Nope. He understands perfectly that servers need superchargers to function better.

You must have missed that memo.

I don't think you understand how memos work.

Turnbull hasn't ruled out allowing first home buyers access to their super for a house deposit...
Is this real life?
Would be fking awesome, though I see a lot of people who can't pay mortgages securing loans...

Inb4 my super is fug all for the deposit.

[emoji14]

Is this real life?

If the market is at the point where that's the only way you can get into it. Then there's a far bigger issue at play.

You actually can't afford it/you aren't being sensible with the money you make/you have unrealistic expectations about where you are looking to buy vs what you do make/shits just outright over priced.

People are like oh I can't afford to buy, mean while taking an overseas holiday every year and blowing the rest of their money on alcohol/partying/fancy car. No shit you cant save the deposit. If that's the way you want to spend your money, go for gold. But don't cry that you can't afford shit as though that has nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

The first home buyers grant should never have involved giving them money, it should always have been discounts to taxes on the purchase like stamp duty.

but how do i get my plasma..

oh wait that was the baby bonus

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TiTAN said:

If the market is at the point where that's the only way you can get into it. Then there's a far bigger issue at play.

You actually can't afford it/you aren't being sensible with the money you make/you have unrealistic expectations about where you are looking to buy vs what you do make/shits just outright over priced.

People are like oh I can't afford to buy, mean while taking an overseas holiday every year and blowing the rest of their money on alcohol/partying/fancy car. No shit you cant save the deposit. If that's the way you want to spend your money, go for gold. But don't cry that you can't afford shit as though that has nothing to do with it.

Don't forget brunch, and smashed avocado. I bet chef Hamish has smashed avocado all the time, bastard. 

But it's just like everyone... 2+ $4 coffees a day, maybe a snack or lunch, min $50 a week on booze, go out for dinner min twice a week (sometimes eating at the pub is more expensive than eating anywhere decent) on top of rent, gym, living expenses, fuel, bills, loans, gifts, collectable nikes, flat brims, festival tickets, concert tickets, tickets to that show your friend has a part in, netflix, spotify...

Depends what you're earning I reckon, if on 45k then yeah buying coffees from cafes, going out for lunch & dinners, and drinking $50 of booze a week needs to be cut out. 

Gym, rent, bills, fuel, netflix, spotify, interweb are all acceptable no matter what :D 

The problem my mrs has at the moment is not earning that much (first year full time job) and spends like $100+ a week on different makeup stuff, for some reason she's addicted to it, I guess I can't talk though buying motorbike parts and shit all the time. Soon she'll have to pay off dat dere $50k hecs loan too. #uni #uniforthewin #bachelorofarts

Edited by UNR33L

11 minutes ago, Odium said:

50 for a Bach of Arts? What's she do?!

My IT course was only 30 or 35 and I spread it over an extra year (4-5 additional units)

Was thinking the exact same thing, my eng degree is around the high 30's with extra units too.

What's the amount you have to earn to be paying back the fees?

remember most arts students when I was at uni not caring as they "knew" would never hit the threashold

so multi degrees just to stay at uni for 10+ years

1 hour ago, Odium said:

50 for a Bach of Arts? What's she do?!

My IT course was only 30 or 35 and I spread it over an extra year (4-5 additional units)

Nah she did a science degree, bach of arts was just a joke :P 

Although a science degree is probably nearly as useful as Arts. 

I did a 2 year tafe course, cost like less than 1k a year with health care card at the time fast forward a few years earning pretty decent for my age now for a "dumb tafe guy''  edit: maybe not for vwl standards, #6fig #800k #fifo

Edited by UNR33L