SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

9 hours ago, blah_blah said:

subtle salary suggestion there Simon

I assume they treated you well and leaving on good terms to not mention the variance

Otherwise why would you forgo the money with just a hey your calcs are wrong m8 

Yeah we parted on reasonably amicable terms...

Somehow they weren't able to hire a replacement in my 4 week notice period, so who knows if they're miffed that there was no knowledge transfer period... A few things that were said made me get the feeling he thought that I was betraying them by leaving (being a long term employee leaving a 'family' company). But as Kermit says... "That's none of my business..."

Edit: Good thing I generalised the final figure and actual timespan of incorrect accruals, hey?

16 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

M8 if someone buys those rims at that price by the end of the year i'll eat my own shit 

I don't know what rims you're talking about or how much exactly they are, but I rekin one of those go fund me pages would raise the money in the next 2 months on the proviso that you'd be made to eat your own shit

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dezz said:

I don't know what rims you're talking about or how much exactly they are, but I rekin one of those go fund me pages would raise the money in the next 2 months on the proviso that you'd be made to eat your own shit

13.5k for nismo rims 

shit, judging by all the go fund me's that actually get decent money for a stupid cause I could be screwed here. 

I use IP vanish.

no logging, lots of end points and in Melb I can get 50+ mbit a second.

app for android, or can be config on PC and router and such

Great for avoiding Country blocking of news sites and foxtel go OS.

they allow torrent and such if needed....as well.

https://www.ipvanish.com/pricing.php

I pretty much only want it for downloading torrents... Keep seeing the ads on kickass/pirate bay etc... Been downloading torrents as normal without giving a f**k, but if it's only a couple $ a month to avoid any potential bullshit later then why not..

Express VPN seems to be the highest rated? $8.32/mnth for 12 months...

But do I then need to use something else to download torrents or do I just download through utorrent as normal?

if configured correctly there no impact to you you don't even know it there, just no way for others to read your traffic.

just make sure they support torrent and that they have 0 logs and your fine.

59 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

13.5k for nismo rims 

shit, judging by all the go fund me's that actually get decent money for a stupid cause I could be screwed here. 

I'll personally pay for $5k of it and keep the rims, plus another $1500 just because I wanna see you eat your own shit

So the gofundme only has to raise $7k. Assuming we can film the event - to show the kickstarters - maybe auction the video off to them at $10 a frame - I think it's achievable

Basically, by the end of this you're either gonna eat your own words or your own shit

nope, most will have step by step instructions or better yet a app.

Does your ipvanish provide such instructions/app (assuming the app is also relevant to pc as that's where I download my stuff..)