SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

2 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Isn't there new stamp duty advantages coming in July? 

Missed out on these

Buy contract has to be signed after July

I still get 50% off though, and in the scheme of capital growth it wasn't worth waiting a few months / passing up the perfect property to save more stamp duty

I agree with my broker who rationalised that with no stamp duty for FHB will come more competition from other FHBs plus a possible increase in the prices of cheaper properties because of this, negating stamp duty savings. Or...more to the point: my time could have been best to buy while everyone else is waiting for 100% stamp duty savings, as my competition was mostly non-first home buyers and not many at that, due to the more first home buyer friendly price range I bought in.

After months of looking and some offers, I came to the conclusion that you do your research (growth, prices etc.), ultimately pay what the property is worth to you, and as long as you can service the loan the rest doesn't matter!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Birds said:

Missed out on these

Buy contract has to be signed after July

I still get 50% off though, and in the scheme of capital growth it wasn't worth waiting a few months / passing up the perfect property to save more stamp duty

I agree with my broker who rationalised that with no stamp duty for FHB will come more competition from other FHBs plus a possible increase in the prices of cheaper properties because of this, negating stamp duty savings. Or...more to the point: my time could have been best to buy while everyone else is waiting for 100% stamp duty savings, as my competition was mostly non-first home buyers and not many at that, due to the more first home buyer friendly price range I bought in.

After months of looking and some offers, I came to the conclusion that you do your research (growth, prices etc.), ultimately pay what the property is worth to you, and as long as you can service the loan the rest doesn't matter!

100% agree, when the right property comes up and if you can afford..just do it

• Like 1

A more perfect example of what I was harping on about couldn't come up

"slightly rashed"

Yea. Right. Maybe if you squinted and were looking at a different set of wheels.

21 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

+1 for white le-roy

Then we got alvin and that other Asian guy. The real Asian one. emoji14.png

Which other real Asian guy???

My name pronunciation seems to change every 5mins...... the life of a real asian guy in a white organisation. 

Which other real Asian guy???
My name pronunciation seems to change every 5mins...... the life of a real asian guy in a white organisation. 

But is your name an easy couple of characters one or does it have like 7 characters making it all but impossible for someone that only speaks English to know how to pronounce it?

Or is this even after it has been romanised?

7 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

But is your name an easy couple of characters one or does it have like 7 characters making it all but impossible for someone that only speaks English to know how to pronounce it?

Or is this even after it has been romanised?

H U Y, it's easy as, 1 2 3
As simple as, do re mi!

Who was it that posted that consumer law stuff about warranty not mattering, product working for a reasonable period of time etc...
What would be a reasonable period of time on an oven (residential)

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Who was it that posted that consumer law stuff about warranty not mattering, product working for a reasonable period of time etc...
What would be a reasonable period of time on an oven (residential)

0Bk6_d.gif

Probably a few years; I don't know much about oven expectations. Where consumer law usually favours people is with short warranties like 12 months etc. Ultimately what matters is what you can argue is reasonable at VCAT should you take it that far - if your time is worth more to you then just try your luck at getting repair out of manufacturer or suck it up / buy a new one.

But yeah, back in the workshop days we had at least one case of someone who lunched their gearbox outside of warranty and when the new laws came in we had to replace it because they expected it to last longer.