SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

12 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

I always thought the lights were good enough right up until you posted that picture.

Thanks for that.

Lol really?

The butchered headlights from compliance is really bad.

Lighting is really poor at night. And on roads trips felt a bit dangerous without always using high beams

Compared to driving the wifes car with xennons its a massive difference

Just fit some 50w HIDs

Blind everyone else in your pursuit of visibility

Never had so many flashing lights from drivers in the other direction

Have to drive with high beams on because low beam is too bright

The number of people with unfocused headlights or driving with high beams on seems to increase every year. If I'm getting hit in the eyes sitting tall in the hilux, can't imagine what it's like in a low car.
Doesn't matter in the Gloria, tint is too dark.

16 hours ago, TiTAN said:

Maybe they just see the wheels as a disposable/wear item?

It would certainly speed up multi story car park navigation or lead to increased kerb crawling opportunities.

This.

I preferred fake rims as I never had to care.... ding one and pay $250 for a new one, or just roll with the scrapes.

Having real rims I was always too scared of carparks

15 hours ago, Birds said:

Melbourne has the worst multi storey carpark I've ever seen

Hamish will know which one I'm taking about

It's about 8 stories high and can only fit about 18 cars on each level. Thing is a fkin go kart track. You just about have to do 3 point turns to turn up and down its steep ass ramps, with your head out the window to make sure you won't clash with concrete walls covered in other people's bumper paint.

Which one? I am confuse

1 hour ago, blah_blah said:

Whos done projector xennon retrofits on their car?

Bout to do one on the R34

I had them done on the EVO, well, not me but the previous owner... I absolutley hated them at night as they were HELL directional and you couldn't see a f**king thing that wasn't straight in front of you. - simon will confirm i'm sure.

43 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

This.

I preferred fake rims as I never had to care.... ding one and pay $250 for a new one, or just roll with the scrapes.

Which one? I am confuse

I had them done on the EVO, well, not me but the previous owner... I absolutley hated them at night as they were HELL directional and you couldn't see a f**king thing that wasn't straight in front of you. - simon will confirm i'm sure.

What brand components was the retro fit?

Big difference to installing a hid system to exisitng system and installing a proper retrofit kit

2 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

The number of people with unfocused headlights or driving with high beams on seems to increase every year. If I'm getting hit in the eyes sitting tall in the hilux, can't imagine what it's like in a low car.
Doesn't matter in the Gloria, tint is too dark.

In a lowered Skyline you get blinded by parkers let alone anything else

2 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

This.

Which one? I am confuse

Billboards carpark

2 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

e EVO, well, not me but the previous owner... I absolutley hated them at night as they were HELL directional and you couldn't see a f**king thing that wasn't straight in front of you. - simon will confirm i'm sure.

He will.

Completely black off to the side... but anything that was straight ahead of you would be laser beamed... The majority of the light stayed down where it should, but some strayed up. Turned Eastlink Signs into Bright Neon Reflectors from about 2km away, i was always shocked to see how much light they were putting out.

When I turn on my HIDs people laugh at how bright they are, then 5 seconds later they finish warming up and the laughter turns to concern

My mate's old 4wd had these huge spotlights and lightbars on the front, with a switch inside labeled "Zombie Lights".

Standing a few meters in front of it you could feel the heat radiating from it. Was afraid of starting bushfires ;)

Yet I was still more paranoid driving past police at night with slightly less than legal HID's

• Like 1

Just now, Odium said:

My mate's old 4wd had these huge spotlights and lightbars on the front, with a switch inside labeled "Zombie Lights".

Standing a few meters in front of it you could feel the heat radiating from it. Was afraid of starting bushfires ;)

Yet I was still more paranoid driving past police at night with slightly less than legal HID's

I pulled up behind a copper at like 5am in the EVO... you could literally see the inside of his skull being fried in the rear-view mirror.

He was squinting like a real estate investor but still didn't pull me over

47 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

I pulled up behind a copper at like 5am in the EVO... you could literally see the inside of his skull being fried in the rear-view mirror.

He was squinting like a real estate investor but still didn't pull me over

genuinely lol'd

• Like 1