SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I'm getting ripped on like 4.28% or something another 9 months of fixed left 

Once it's over you can generally talk to someone at the bank and they will generally give you a better rate to keep you as a customer if you say you are looking at moving your loan to one of their competitors as they have a better rate.

Talking about the rate; I have no idea when you obtained a loan.

Right now as a first home buyer owner occupied, ubank offer a 3.74% comparison rate loan. Loans.com.au aren't much different.

No reason you couldn't have gotten a better comparison rate than I am on?

17 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

Ubank and loans.com.au

They both still offer great rates?

Looking at them now - they do look to have the best comparison rates. No free lunch though - from a shallow look they seem to offer stripped down products and less overheads to achieve the rates. When I was talking to a couple of brokers about finance, for what I wanted to borrow (basically the max I could on my single income) with an offset account, extra repayments and fast approval, both recommended NAB (maybe they pay the most commission lol). Can always refinance down the track; I think the exit is $350.

Looking at them now - they do look to have the best comparison rates. No free lunch though - from a shallow look they seem to offer stripped down products and less overheads to achieve the rates. When I was talking to a couple of brokers about finance, for what I wanted to borrow (basically the max I could on my single income) with an offset account, extra repayments and fast approval, both recommended NAB (maybe they pay the most commission lol). Can always refinance down the track; I think the exit is $350.

Yes, definitely not as full fat features wise as others, but it offers the basics that you actually need and gives you a cheaper rate because of it, I think it took 2-3 weeks for full approval as they organise someone to go out and inspect the place/do their own valuations etc as part of the process.

Mines with loans.com.au, no credit card included (unless you count the visa debit card thats tied directly to your offset which I wouldn't), but has 100% offset account and a low rate with no yearly fees, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Credit card is sorted by just getting a zero yearly fee 55day card from what ever bank suits and paying it in full when due.

11 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Pls explain

80% LVR / no LMI, 50% stamp duty

3 hours ago, Birds said:

Or they can go guarantor on the loan and you technically don't need any deposit or LMI.

Can't guarantee a loan where the guarantor does not receive corporate benefit.

26 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

80% LVR / no LMI, 50% stamp duty

Can't guarantee a loan where the guarantor does not receive corporate benefit.

This confuses me - explain?

you can't provide a guarantee where you don't receive direct benefit from the deal.

eg: mum and dad guarantee their kids house, no direct benefit to mum and dad is perceived as they don't live in it.

eg: house is in Mrs name and loan is in Mr's name - they live together. Mrs provides a guarantee supported by her house to use as security = direct benefit 

Then how do parents guarantee their kids loans? The internet leads me to believe otherwise

Hoping this isn't some argument over semantics