SAU Community

[poll] Is The Bentley Bentayga The Pinnacle Of Stupid?

Is the Bentley Bentayga absurd?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bentley-Bentayga-2016-(3).jpg

Let me start by saying that I'm not a big SUV fan. We're about to buy ourselves one though and after many mental dialogues between my two 'sides' I can justify it because we're going to need 4WD to go to some camping joints we go to, we need a bit of weight for what we sometimes tow AND we need 7 seats because Bec regularly has both kids and some of their friends to drive around. Ie, it will be used.

Porsche SUV's look a little nice but kinda weird me out.

Mercedes and BMW SUV's seem to be a status thing most of the time. I'd assume that they rarely get taken off road or tested in any way.

Then, theres the $700k Bentley Bentayga. I saw one in traffic the other day, she's not a pretty thing thats for sure. Today I thought I'd look it up.

$700k. SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS!

AND, according to CarsGuide you can opt for a $225k CLOCK!

How can a car that big only have 6 airbags?

Is it just me that thinks this car is an obscene two-fingered salute to anybody who has a 'normal' family car?

Buy it here.

In Melbourne the Bentley continental is quite popular. Probably the most common car I see in Richmond and toorak in that price range. I have no idea why. Maybe it's a good car? I can certainly see this taking off in some circles. When the wife doesn't want a Porsche or range rover like all her friends.

Be hard to take it 4wding up a bush track, or spotlighting 'roos and foxes!!!!

When 4wding or considering a purchase of one always go with the masses, that way skills, knowledge, spares, and aftermarket support is on your side when stuck in Broome!!!

I'd hate to smack a 'roo or even a sparrow in that Bentley, hands would be in pocket dragging out dollars you don't have for a repair you wouldn't be happy with.

But if you don't intend getting past Penrith and you think a driveway is a dirt road then save your $$$ and buy a Honda Oddyssey.

I'm not a fan of Suv's either, neither is the wife but we bought her a 2015 Nissan X-trail Diesel 4wd Because of the fuel economy, space and it can actually utilise a ​less then smooth road.. I've taken it onto the beach, up into the mountains, mud, dirt etc and it performs great for what it is.. obviously not a off-roader so don't take it too far.

​this Bentley is just Stupid. you may as well hold up a sign saying "I need to over compensate everything in my life because I feel inadequate"

​But that's just my opinion...

I bought my wife a new 2016 Discovery 4 , sure its her shopping trolley through the week but on weekends we give our LR4 a hammering off road through Saunders Gorge .

The airbag suspension totally rocks

The ultra rich want an SUV to go with their supercars. Only Range Rover was available until the Germans stepped in. Only makes sense for Jaguar, Bentley, Aston Martin to do the same.

Like it or not, SUVs sells, especially in USA. That's why we have so many "crossovers" on the road, so many Klugers, Jeeps, Mazda CX-whatever, etc. It's just the way people buy cars now.

Funnily enough, my Liberty has more interior space than those huge Jeep SRT whatever they are.

But then you have to tell your friends you have a Tesla and not a Bentley.

Exactly, this would only work in some California cities where some care about the Environment

China's pumping out two million new millionaires a year, and India can't be far behind.

When you've got millions of kms of crap roads and millions of people with money and no history with automobiles, any ugly piece of shit with a flying =B= on it is a sure-fire success.

Bentley Salesperson: "Oh, sir, madam, I see you're leaking money! Let me mop up some of that nasty stuff with this huge, absorbent, famous, prestige vehicle."

• Like 2