SAU Community

Partsouq - trustworthy alternative parts supplier?

Anyone had any experiences using these guys? They seem to be awfully cheap compared to Infiniti Parts Online in the US, probably partly because they're based in Dubai.

I need to get a replacement IPDM for mine since the front-ender triggered the rams for the bonnet. In order to reset the fault code (and extinguish the warning LED in the instrument cluster), one needs to replace the friggin' IPDM. That's a very retarded feature on Nissan's part. I'll definitely examine the old one once I replace it to see what can be done to return it to a fully working state again.

My panelbeater gave Peter Warren Infiniti Spares the part number, who claim that they don't have visibility of that specific code. When I pressed Peter Warren Spares about getting in touch with Nissan Melbourne to place a special order from Japan like my (now retired) mate Raj from Steve Jarvin Spares used to, they really didn't want to do it. Unimpressed. Gone are the days of people who give a damn about their customers, even import vehicle owners.

Anyway, I'm resorting to overseas sources who still supply them. Partsouq are the cheapest at US$355 shipped, compared to Infiniti Parts Online at US$520 before shipping and Amayama at US$462. All new. Check (if you live in usa): CVS Weekly Ad, or Myer specials.

So, anyone dealt with these guys before? I should've picked up my wheel centre caps from them as a test because that kind of saving seems almost too good to be true and I have a rule about things being too good to be true. Seems the general consensus on Google is that they're pretty good but I haven't seen any Aussies having dealt with them.

I have used them too last month. Part arrived fast and communication with them was great. One thing though, if you choose to pay with paypal go back to your receipt and click the pay button. It doesn't go automaticly like with ebay. I didn't know and they contacted me and ask if I had trouble paying.

Excellent advice. Thanks guys.

I'm going to talk to my panelbeater on Thursday to see who he uses for Nissan (not Infiniti) parts and see if they can be bothered to access the global Nissan parts database, like Raj used to before Steve Jarvin shut down.

Failing that, we'll see how he wants to deal with an overseas purchase.

I used them a few times to get small parts (sensors, wheel studs/nuts, 1/10th the price of compared to getting them from here). The biggest thing I got was centre console cup holders for my Liberty, was about $130 delivered.

Very fast shipping (considering the distance) and all genuine parts from what I've seen.

Nice. I spoke to my panel beater and apparently, Suttons Spares have taken over from Steve Jarvin, so hopefully I'll get a little more traction with them. If they give me the same story, then I'll just order from Partsouq and be done with it.

Might get me a bunch of plastic clips as well. Can never have too many of those, especially when discovering some of them only have three out of four plastic leaves still intact and weaken their grip.

What a ball-ache this pedestrian safety bonnet bullshit is turning out to be.

Haven't used these guys but I have used Amayama they were awesome most of the parts came from Nissan dealers stock in Dubai, a couple from Japan, All arrived together quickly. www.amayama.com/en. Hope this helps

• Like 1

I did check out Amayama but they are actually more expensive than Partsouq and take a little longer to ship as well.

That's why I thought the Partsouq guys were too good to be true on those two counts.

I checked with Suttons Parts. They are just as useless as the Peter Warren guys. Either Nissan Australia no longer supplies its dealers with a worldwide database or these guys don't know where (or can't be bothered) to look like Raj used to.

Anyway, thanks everyone. All went well with placing the Partsouq order. Seems like the PayPal payment is automatically signalled back to their ordering page, so there's no need to take any additional steps after the PayPal process other than checking the shipping address in PayPal is the same as whatever is entered in the Partsouq order page.

Meanwhile, I've ordered 20 plastic rivetted clips (because you can never have too many) and an ashtray assembly, which I'm going to neatly modify to accommodate my Arc Audio PS8 controller. May as well take advantage of the existing shipment!

Let's see how we go early next week when the order arrives. Thanks again guys!

• Like 2

After this thread was raised, decided to try out Partsouq , my order was in the air with DHL within 12 hours, and was in Brisbane and cleared through customs after another 24 hours, its now on hold at DHL Brisbane which is typical, very frustrating to know it got to Australia in 36 hours but have been informed the last 35kms to my place will take another 5 days. This is typical of the sh*t service we get domestically. 

• Like 1

I'll add my two cents to this now. I got all my bits and pieces in yesterday, which is a pretty solid effort considering I ordered everything on Thursday.

However, I'm disappointed in the fact that I've received a different part number for the IPDM. Instead of 284B7-JK00A, I've received a 284B7-JK06A. I've asked them for an explanation as to why I didn't get the JK00A part number, since that is still current according to Infinitipartsonline.com. We'll see what they come back with.

Physically, the units look the same, in terms of fuse ratings, placement, relays, connectors but the concern is the CPU may be different and the worst thing is, I can't even land much information when performing a Google search on it, unlike the JK00A original.

Good thing I paid with PayPal. I can at least raise a dispute if this needs to be escalated.

For your sake I hope that like Subaru (whom I worked for, for many years) the superceding part number just never made it into the Parts manuals, as these IPDM"s suffer from relay failure the new part number with an improved relay on board may only be cited in a service bulletin as manufacturers don't expect customers to have the skills to replace them and expect it will only be replaced in an authorised dealership.

As in this quote from the relevent recall campaign from Nissan QUOTE"Nissan Bulletins are intended for use by qualified technicians, not 'do-it-yourselfers'. Qualified technicians are properly trained individuals who have the equipment, tools, safety instruction, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. NOTE: If you believe that a described condition may apply to a particular vehicle, DO NOT assume that it does. See your Nissan dealer to determine if this applies to your vehicle

• Like 2

I did take a closer look at some photos of other JK00A units and I can say that in comparison, this JK06A is missing a couple of pins. That said, I see in the G37 FSM that those pins aren't used anyway but of course, that's taking a USDM manual into consideration rather than a JDM, so there may well be some bits which will still suffer from this.

I'll check later tonight when I get home and see if there are any actual wires in the harness leading to these missing pins. That, and I'll wait to hear back from the fellas in Dubai. Meanwhile, I've also shot an email to the guys at Infiniti Parts Online to see what their take is on those two part numbers.

Hopefully you're on the money with what you've suggested. Otherwise, I'm going to have an interesting battle with the UAE and possibly spark a war that will get Russia's attention. :P

That was the response from Partsouq as well.

It's just concerning that information on part JK00A is in abundance (and listed on most of the major suppliers' sites) but nothing on the JK06A.

I didn't get a chance to do it last night but I'll do a wire-by-wire comparison by the weekend, to be sure that the pins are all there to support all wires, as I've yet to come across a single vehicle which has unused wires in its harness.

Meanwhile, Infiniti Parts Online got back to me and they claim that their systems strictly have the JK00A listed as being currently available and replaces an older unit JA80A. I'm hoping that it is an undocumented replacement as Rusty suggested.

Aside from that, I'm very impressed by how quick these Partsouq guys are. As long as this story finishes up with a happy ending then I'll probably be very comfortable to deal with them again. Thanks gents!

I take back what I said about DHL the order arrived from Partsouq today 4 days from placing order to front door  awesome service and all genuine parts in new packaging. Highly Recommended.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

• Like 2

I know, right? I wish I knew about these guys before I bought my Infiniti wheel centrecaps from Infiniti Parts Online. I would've paid about 1/3rd of the price after shipping. Oh well.